Thank China for your toothbrush

Reaction score
On June 27, 1498 the first tooth brush was patented.

I found this article pretty interesting about the history and what not.

http://www.wired.com/thisdayintech/2009/06/dayintech_0626/

A 2003 survey asked Americans which of the following inventions would be the hardest to live without: the automobile, the personal computer, the cellphone, the microwave and the toothbrush. The more recent inventions trailed the pack. The century-old automobile came in second, and the five-century-old toothbrush came in first, named by 42 percent of adults and 34 percent of teens.

...Aren't Chinese people one of the most stereotyped for having bad/nasty teeth/breath?

That's quite ironic. lol

did you know HDTV was tested by the British in 1936?? look it up...The more you Know

Screw you OP, my electric spiderman toothbrush was made in the USA. :O

Thread: China invented everything.

People: Yeah yeah whatever.

I guess that should be a dragon. Whatever, it's still 50% relevant.

China also invented Fresca. The more you know.

they also invented Chinese water torture. they also infuse kid's toys with extra lead just in case the first dose doesnt do the job

really? we need to congradulate an entire nation for one guy's invention now? **** you china

I'll bet they invented Chinese tickle torture and Chinese food. So that's pretty good, and you get a fortune cookie. Then brush your teeth with your lead based toothpaste.

My chinese finger locking thing was surprisingly made in china. Not a knockoff made here in the states. :D

Funniest shit right here, I was watching the Formula 1 GP last year, and the driver on the podium held up his trophy he won at the China GP and the bottom fell off. Yep, Made In China.

Fact or Fiction?: The Chinese Eat Dogs

According to Tom Doctoroff, author of Billions: Selling to the New Chinese Consumer, published this month by Palgrave Macmillan, the answer is, historically, a declarative "yes."

"True, there are some hot pot dog restaurants, particularly in the South, and one or two on the sparkling streets of Shanghai, but most educated folks wouldn't admit to having a dog sandwich for lunch," explains Doctoroff. "But globalization is everywhere, and with international standards of behavior and consumerism impacting China too, dog chowing is less and less popular."

that's pun-errific

136212628_2bd8f126eb_o.jpg

NOM NOM NOM NOM

China invented LCD monitors. The more you know.

that's pun-errific

136212628_2bd8f126eb_o.jpg

NOM NOM NOM NOM

My friend visited China and he said they went into this place that looked like a petshop. It was actually a place where you pick out your food live and they cook it for you. Animals like dogs and cats and turtles and stuff.

America invented fat.

America invented Baby Phat. The clothing line.

Apparently East Asian diets are so crazy because they have so many famines over the centuries they've just ate anything. Kinda makes rice not as stable a staple as it should be.

Go ahead, but don't leave out the others or they'll complain.

Back