the double standard/Aid group crimes

gh0st

Reaction score
MOSUL, Iraq (CNN) -- Nine bodies of Iraqi army troops were found in south-central Mosul Saturday morning. The U.S. military said all of the soldiers had been shot in the back of the head and seven of the nine were decapitated.

-

amazing. wheres the uproar that was caused when that marine shot the "wounded, defenseless" insurgent? these men were obviously in reasonable health, and were simply executed. why? no one is going to put the people who did it in jail, no one is going to prosecute them. not only where they shot in the back of the head, they were also decapitated. i cant imagine what kind of uproar this would cause if it was AMERICANS doing the executing. wheres your geneva convention now?

-

NAIROBI - Humanitarian agencies are examining their practices and scrutinizing their employees in the wake of a new report that says local staff in West Africa have been demanding sex from refugee girls in exchange for assistance.

The report, commissioned by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the British charity Save the Children, accuses dozens of aid workers in Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea of refusing to give girls such necessities as food and medicine unless they submit to sex. [Christian Science Moniter, other resources on CNN]

Thats becasue everybody allready knows that the terrorists are bad, and have allready condemmed them, while the US is still sayng they are the good guys and or not commiting crimes and are there to help the people. This shit does not make it right for the marine to shoot someone who cannot even move. And the terrorists never signed the Geneva convention, but teh Us did, and as far as I know the US was torturing these people in Guantanamo Bay long before these beheadings.

(BTW your getting pathetic! seriousely your comments aren't making sense at all anymore, just back off before we all totally lose our respect for you.)

wait...terrorists? in iraq? i thought there were none. were fighting insurgents representing iraq, not terorrists. just ask hasan. theres the geneva convention and theres decency. why should we treat them any better than they treated the 9 people they executed and then mutilated?

(BTW i dont care if you lose your respect for me)

Thats becasue everybody allready knows that the terrorists are bad, and have allready condemmed them, while the US is still sayng they are the good guys and or not commiting crimes and are there to help the people.

So we already know these people are bad ... but you just want the US to be bad?

This shit does not make it right for the marine to shoot someone who cannot even move. And the terrorists never signed the Geneva convention, but teh Us did, and as far as I know the US was torturing these people in Guantanamo Bay long before these beheadings.

Guantanamo Bay does'nt make it right for people to be beheaded -- here again, if they would'nt have bombed the World Trade Center, they might not be in prison.

They started it. Where finishing it.

(BTW your getting pathetic! seriousely your comments aren't making sense at all anymore, just back off before we all totally lose our respect for you.)

Well, you cant say anything to that.

... wait a moment -- I just did ...

amazing. wheres the uproar that was caused when that marine shot the "wounded, defenseless" insurgent? these men were obviously in reasonable health, and were simply executed. why? no one is going to put the people who did it in jail, no one is going to prosecute them. not only where they shot in the back of the head, they were also decapitated. i cant imagine what kind of uproar this would cause if it was AMERICANS doing the executing. wheres your geneva convention now?

Ah, they think its right because Iraq does'nt adhere to the Geneva convention.

Well, since that execution of that insurgent does'nt adhere either -- does this make us the heroes too? Or right, or not on illegal grounds?

Nobody's saying that murder by the hands of insurgents is good, gh0st.

However, you're no more than a ****ing hypocrite when you try to pull this eye for an eye bullshit. As the "liberators" of Iraq, you also serve as a model for the rebuilding of the country. When you start stooping to the level of the insurgents, then you undermine one of the very things you're fighting for.

The benevolent, freedom-marching, saviors of the planet (the United States) are supposed to be above this shit, remember?

I don't see what's so hard to understand.

Absinthe said:

However, you're no more than a ****ing hypocrite when you try to pull this eye for an eye bullshit. As the "liberators" of Iraq, you also serve as a model for the rebuilding of the country. When you start stooping to the level of the insurgents, then you undermine one of the very things you're fighting for.

The benevolent, freedom-marching, saviors of the planet (the United States) are supposed to be above this shit, remember?

Bravo.

gh0st: Your concerns with the story in Nairobi are entirely justified - the media attention to the many problems all over Africa is so scant it's offensively shameful.
If it bleeds it leads and if it goes on for too long, the news casters get bored and move onto somewhere a bit more current. You don't often hear too much about Afghanistan anymore - that's just so 2002.

just ask hasan.
heh ..
Yes, ask me and I will tell you that Americans have committed attrocities far worse than what we have seen.

no one is going to put the people who did it in jail
Americans only put soldiers to trial when an incident becomes a scandal.
Who's gonna try bush? well .. no one.
but God will.

edit:
about africa ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A38238-2004Nov9.html
actions of a fanatical rebel movement, the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), have displaced more than 1.6 million people in northern and eastern Uganda
Why isn't America making a big fuss about those terrorists? is it because they are not muslims? or is it because all the victims are black africans, and America has no political or economical interest in that region what so ever?

hasan said:
is it because all the victims are black africans, and America has no political or economical interest in that region what so ever?
Well, not because they're black but very possibly because they have no economic interests. Oil was the reason for the first Gulf War and a large factor in this one.

800,000 sudanese civilians dead in 100 days ...the american calvary should be charging to the rescue any day now ........any day now ..................................soon .............................................................. very very soon ..................................just like they came to the rescue of the people of rwanda .....................................any day now

Absinthe said:

maybe you arent understanding.

uproar when american commits crime

none when an 'insurgent' commits one of far worse value.

why isnt this act plastered all over al jazeera and why arent they expressing their outrage? no one is talking about "eye for an eye" bullshit, we are held to a higher standard but this is a rediculous standard if thats the case.

CptStern said:
800,000 sudanese civilians dead in 100 days ...the american calvary should be charging to the rescue any day now ........any day now ..................................soon .............................................................. very very soon ..................................just like they came to the rescue of the people of rwanda .....................................any day now
wtf lol they have no oils!!!!!1 NUB LOL. seriously, why arent you asking the UN to do what they are designed to do.

gh0st said:
why should we treat them any better than they treated the 9 people they executed and then mutilated?

You were saying?

gh0st said:
well it was a hypothetical question, why shouldent we?

For the very reasons I stated in my earlier post.

I do agree with you that there is a slant when it comes to the media coverage of war atrocities. Then again, almost everybody expects that kind of behavior coming from insurgents. Nobody expects a US soldier to behave in a similar manner.

I'm not saying it's right. That's just the way it is.

why would people expect that behavior from freedom fighting insurgents, but NOT expect it from freedom fighting american soldiers.

"freedom fighting american soldiers" bwahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahha

I have some prime swamp land for sale if you're interested ....rolf "freedom fighting", what a joke

oh and gh0st for the final time ..THE UN DOES NOT HAVE AN ARMY!!!!

CptStern said:
"freedom fighting american soldiers" bwahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahhahahha

I have some prime swamp land for sale if you're interested ....rolf "freedom fighting", what a joke

oh and gh0st for the final time ..THE UN DOES NOT HAVE AN ARMY!!!!
lol! BUT WOT ABOUT KANADAS LOL. :rolleyes: and it does have peacekeepers, asshat. i have to admit i was laughing when i wrote "freedom fighting insurgents" too. i was actually saying what each respective media characterizes them as. but maybe your igloo doesnt get cable.

no it doesnt have any peacekeepers, no army no militia ..nada. The UN forces are made up of amries from different countries on a volunteer basis. BTW canada was in rwanda where was the US? I'm sure you've heard of canadian Romeo Dallaire, the commander in charge of rwanda peacekeeping efforts ...he has a lot of nice things to say about the US' involvement

No were not. Remember, its an eye for an eye that the US is supposed to become better then the Insurgents -- but how can our soldiers morale cope when these Insurgents are estimatedly, worse then us?

We're on grounds that used to not adhere to the Geneva Convention -- im of the belief, that since their commiting more attrocities, and even going so far as to document them, that we should be able to do the same.

Remember, its Iraq were in. Its still not accorded into UN Rules and Regulation.

If you can acknowledge this much, even in its briefest state, then now you understand the debate some US Commanders are facing.

Its not hard to understand at all -- good point, we are the benevolent, freedom-marching, saviors of the planet (the United States), and we are above this ... stuff.

However, where does one man being executed in US Hands, compare to the hundreds commited by Insurgents? Thats our question -- you say you know, but you have'nt watched everything out there.

Discount Nicholas Berg; that was a PsyOps video.

Your concerns with the story in Nairobi are entirely justified - the media attention to the many problems all over Africa is so scant it's offensively shameful.

What the heck is going on over there, anyway?

First, the Ivory Coast Invasion -- now apparently, some middle African states are starting to see a bit of turmoil.

If it bleeds it leads and if it goes on for too long, the news casters get bored and move onto somewhere a bit more current. You don't often hear too much about Afghanistan anymore - that's just so 2002.

Its unfortunate that when the media moves on, everyone else wants to aswell. Thats just damn unfortunate.

Yes, ask me and I will tell you that Americans have committed attrocities far worse than what we have seen.

Not correct. Just ask me, and I'll combat that opinion with different "facts".

Americans only put soldiers to trial when an incident becomes a scandal.
Who's gonna try bush? well .. no one.

Not true -- American Soldiers are trained in how to try and keep a level head when attrocities are involved. Their also taught in ritualisitic attrocities -- such as those that happened in the last Kuwaiti War, where liberated Kuwaiti's would cut off the balls of dead Iraqi Soldiers, and boil them to be eaten.

However, as every Country's displayed -- their soldiers have trouble coping with what death is.

People interpret the Bush thing very different -- so noones going to try him unless theirs some kind of irrefutable front that he cannot challenge.

See, they dont like it when he challenges people. For some reason.

Why isn't America making a big fuss about those terrorists? is it because they are not muslims? or is it because all the victims are black africans, and America has no political or economical interest in that region what so ever?

How do you propose we keep Iraq under control, and then move into Uganda?

In addition too, our Military Forces are in a much smaller number, and their is no surplus of public demand and welfare, calling for movements against terrorists in Uganda.

Well, not because they're black but very possibly because they have no economic interests. Oil was the reason for the first Gulf War and a large factor in this one.

I dont think it was -- I honestly dont. Besides, Europe has more economic interests in the middle-east concerning Natural Fuels anyway, which explains why France was'nt heading to Iraq in the first place.

Same with Romania, and Germany.

However, for some reason, we WENT over there for oil -- right. Most of our Oil exports come out of Oceanic Platforms off the coast of China -- we very rarely get any kind of natural fuels from the Middle East.

However, we do get a good majority of those off of Sea-Based Derricks around South America, and Africa.

800,000 sudanese civilians dead in 100 days ...the american calvary should be charging to the rescue any day now ........any day now .............................. ....soon .............................. .............................. .. very very soon .............................. ....just like they came to the rescue of the people of rwanda .............................. .......any day now

For those concerned, it should not be our responsibility -- but yours.

Just wait until the public picks it up; then we'll be over there.

Or does anyone want us over there anyway?

why isnt this act plastered all over al jazeera and why arent they expressing their outrage? no one is talking about "eye for an eye" bullshit, we are held to a higher standard but this is a rediculous standard if thats the case.

Because, Al-Jazeera is now a political outlet for the highest bidder.

I happen to have that channel off of satellite -- and they're reporting stuff thats going on over there, thats not "happening" in our media.

My Avatar came from one of the runs they had for news over there.

well it was a hypothetical question, why shouldent we?

This question needs to be answered with more direct criteria. The last time it was answered, it did'nt make sense. :(

why would people expect that behavior from freedom fighting insurgents, but NOT expect it from freedom fighting american soldiers.

Its because they actually like the insurgency -- and view it as the one thing nessecary to break America out of being a super-power.

Well tough tits, I think we like being a Super-Power.

So, thats why they like it when the Insurgents saw off hostage's heads -- but hait when a man is'int cruely killed, but shot in a way that he dies instantly.

Boo. Hoo. :p

BWAHAHAAHHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHHAHAH FREEDOM FIGHTING INSURGENTS OMFG LOOK I TYPED TEH LAUGH UNDERMINING HIS POINT NOW AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No thanks, keep your swampy and depressing worlds on sale -- someone else might be interested. I like it better where the points are clear, the future is sunny, and does'nt smell like Bullshit, thank you.

Yea, Freedom Fighting, what a joke. Did'nt those insurgents know it was a quagmire to fight for freedom against people trying to bring them freedom?

no it doesnt have any peacekeepers, no army no militia ..nada. The UN forces are made up of amries from different countries on a volunteer basis. BTW canada was in rwanda where was the US? I'm sure you've heard of canadian Romeo Dallaire, the commander in charge of rwanda peacekeeping efforts ...he has a lot of nice things to say about the US' involvement

He's whinning because his Political Party is outnumbered. BTW, if he wants US help, maybe he should encourage UN Help.

I mean, after all, why should we help them when they did'nt help us?

:D

ummmmm he was the comander in charge of the UN forces in rwanda ...but you knew that right? right?

Yes, I did.

I meant every word, too. With him as the, "head guy", I still believe he should request United Nations help.

While were a apart of it, he should be looking for help elsewhere amungst the national representatives. I dont think, to be honest, we could afford Uganda at this instant.

... maybe we should send the Christian Right over there, first?

K e r b e r o s said:
... maybe we should send the Christian Right over there, first?
lets mobilize jesus land and all 55 million evangelicals that voted for bush.

lol Jesus Land -- :D What would the first attraction be? The Story of Onan Water Ride, or a Preachers lap?

CptStern said:

btw canada pulled out because they got there asses kicked, they werent allowed to shoot back lastr i checked, they didnt go in until 500,000 died, whopped dee do canada

clinton decided what not to do in africa after that whole somalia thing, the wonderful part is, we hatr clinton.

Back