The f*** me, Munro's doing some work thread

Guys, I was bored so I made some 70x70's out of some old wallpapers I had, anyone too lazy to type in google can get some right here. Originalsssssssssssss.

1heavyaf6.png
icantrememberur9.png
idontknowug3.png
mediccp5.png
scoutqa9.png
snipaay8.png
solderzm7.png
spiesallaroundnm8.png
firefirefirepq2.png

1216012851771lg6.png
abstractcool26684bp4.png
artisticdrawing6681ex8.png
foireballwu8.png
geebiodarklv9.png
panicatthediscosrslytheji6.png
poopooko8.png

First come first serve, peeps.

Still out of place to me Munro. I suggest the old Dog and Gordon one (I already Did and so did Rimmer i think) and also those TF2 avatars that Dog made placed under default avatars (Obviously something wrong with my engrish, what i mean is under the option you could select it like the Gman, Gordon, Barney and Alyx one)

Sorry i fail

lol that was me that suggested the old Dog/Gordon one.

You're losin it bud.

Darn, now I'm gonna have to find a new avatar. But I can actually see the avatars now! :imu:

Dog, can I have the wallpapers that those are cropped/resized from?

Holy shit! This is going to take some getting used to. On the upside I can [strike]get a headache from my own animated avatar[/strike] display the Hypnotoad in all His glory.

The characters issue is a server issue. Until we get our web server upgraded we have to put up with this.
I request you get your web server upgraded, then.

What exactly is causing the holdup on this? Is it as simple as updating the vB version on the server? Or updating the server to recognise more than just brail or binary text input? Or what?

---

1. A proper front-page or dedicated forum link be added to take you directly to the 'Social Groups' page. This feature is meaningless unless it's pointed to, otherwise it just becomes a bit of a

2. I'd also point out that the Social Groups page cannot be viewed if you are not a registered user, so it doesn't exactly work to entice new users to join hl2.net in its current state.

3. Can we please have a 'new post' notification system for the hl2.net group pages? The 'groups' feature would be so much more useful if you (A) could access them from a dedicated button/link from a major page (such as forum index or main page) and (B) could keep up to date on what's happening.

For example, we have a 'Source Modders' group which is supposed to be like a technical Q&A and chat area, but the only way to keep it concurrent is if every member remembers to check it daily, which simply doesn't happen. A notification system would definitely benefit the groups system.

I know some groups are simply there to spam bum and willy jokes and would probably abuse or not really need this feature, but there are a few which it would benefit greatly. Even if it was made a feature but groups had to request it on an individual basis, it would be better than it is now.

I must say, larger avatars really only work with the extra line, "HalfLife2.net Staff".

Shall we petition to have all non-staff members to have the text added and all staff have it removed?

WTF GO BACK TO SMALL AVATARS RAWR!

And take the TF2 banner off the forum.

Don't roll back the size!

Prince John is all high and mighty now ;_;

I'm enjoying the bigger avatars, it's a lot easier to clearly see whats going on in the image and gives a bit
more flexibility without being to big and distracting.

Anyway shame the Kb size isn't bigger, could have used some nifty gif's, with modern broadband I doubt
it would really matter as far loading go's.

Also thnx Dog for the cool avatars you made.

Oh **** I forgot to ask something. On some message boards when images load the page does not resize.
The board remembers how big the images are when they get loaded, so it leaves blank spaces
where the images will appear shortly, this means you can scroll down to a post and begin reading
without the post continually moving downwards. You can start reading the posts without having to wait
for the images to load. Currently when I open a page here with lots of images the page continually resizes,
so I have to either stop the page loading or wait until all the images have loaded to be able to read something.
It's a little bit of an annoyance.

I request you get your web server upgraded, then.

What exactly is causing the holdup on this? Is it as simple as updating the vB version on the server? Or updating the server to recognise more than just brail or binary text input? Or what?

Yeah tell Valve to pick up their game! Threaten to become fans of another game developer that's willing to host your website for free.

Anyway shame the Kb size isn't bigger, could have used some nifty gif's
Which is exactly why I'm glad it wasn't increased too much, even the old limit would have been fine IMO.

Slaves? I am a free man. Free to chose the size of my avatar. It is you who is the slave. You are a slave to you id. You see that there is a larger size and you must have it. You are a slave to your very whims. Too late will you realise you have made a grevous error. Only when the forum is aflame from this plague will you repent. Too late. Too late.

Back