The History of Halflife2.net

i never happend, at least.... that is what munro wants you to think

Are you as sexy as your picture.

Ill settle for the same sex as it.

Lol, I was around for along time before the urge to veiw attached files made me register, I have been watching since the beggining.

mrBadger, eh, I still make fun of Badger every once in awhile with that.

"So why are you called mrBadger?"

mrBadger said:
The redwall books...and the fact that they're so cute. They go snuffle snuffle and are really furry!

Tr0n said:
I remember when gabe posted...everyone went insane. Also that test thing...I remember everyone was constantly trying to figure out what was on the white board. Also Spiffe or whoever it was that went to valve. I miss him.

Also lonederanger! I miss him to. I also remember Axyon was called Abomination. ;)

SPITCODFRY! Oh my gosh. That was awesome. Didn't he see pizza deliveries to the Valve office building one day and think Half-Life 2 had gone gold or something :LOL:. And then everyone tried to think of ways to sneak into Valve offices until someone just emailed and they were like "Sure what time." And he got to hold the golden crowbar and take pictures with Gabe. Ahhhh.... good times.

How about the free posters? There were four or five people who emailed Valve asking for posters and got free HL2, DOD, and CS posters personally mailed to them. One guy even got his signed by everyone. I still have mine up in my dorm room right now :). It's so old that Alyx is still holding a socket wrench instead of a gun. Hahaha, I wonder what she would've done if they left her with the wrench.

Oh, and the Emails from Valve thread got onto IGN: linky. That's how I got here.

[edit] OK I just read the "gabe sent me some goodies" thread. So apparently VALVe was and still is awesome. Especially now that they actually have a store selling shirts, posters, and stickers, and they still bother to pay postage and send someone free things just for an email. Truly amazing.

26/09/2005 , 9PM GMT - Day Of Defeat : Source is released.

So fun i havent changed mine yet.

Don't forget how everyone used my avatar and signature!

(I almost thought to my self "Oh noezx! Account hax!")

I get confusing sometimes...
Isn't there another avatar (time period) planned?

The Mullinator said:
/me smokes his pipe and sits back in his porch rocking chair.

Ahh the good old days. When HL2 General Chat was the most interesting place on the forum and it wasn't because of constant flaming.

When "mrBadger" (now Comrade Badger) and EVIL were having a race to see who could get to 1000 posts first without blatantly spamming.

When the Steam cache files were cracked (by Chris_D was it?) and we discovered we had a video of HL2 hidden on our computer because we had no idea that Steam was pre-loading things to us.

When 1000 total members was considered a milestone.

When anyone who had not registered in May 2003 was considered a new guy here.

When the Arena was still going strong and we all took turns attempting to destroy one another.

When Gabe first e-mailed an individual member responding to a question about HL2, starting the creation of the Valve e-mail thread which resulted in hundreds of e-mails written to Valve and getting a response being posted in that one thread for all to see. Even a few major gaming websites and magazines either talked about the thread itself or gleaned a lot of information on HL2 which was inside that thread.

When our first and only forum troll was THUGENSTEIN, which IIRC Axyon absolutely hated.

Yup those were the days. :p
Don't forget Valved_Ray :D and:

-When Chris_D got hacked
-When myself and a few others (SpuD and synth and Abom ) all lost our mod access over Christmas

There's more but my memory is poor.

I think it would be better for everyone if they just used a little common sense before assuming that people are who they say they are.

I'm a guy. But don't outright believe me! :D

The Mullinator said:
/me smokes his pipe and sits back in his porch rocking chair.

Ahh the good old days. When HL2 General Chat was the most interesting place on the forum and it wasn't because of constant flaming.

When "mrBadger" (now Comrade Badger) and EVIL were having a race to see who could get to 1000 posts first without blatantly spamming.

When the Steam cache files were cracked (by Chris_D was it?) and we discovered we had a video of HL2 hidden on our computer because we had no idea that Steam was pre-loading things to us.

When 1000 total members was considered a milestone.

When anyone who had not registered in May 2003 was considered a new guy here.

When the Arena was still going strong and we all took turns attempting to destroy one another.

When Gabe first e-mailed an individual member responding to a question about HL2, starting the creation of the Valve e-mail thread which resulted in hundreds of e-mails written to Valve and getting a response being posted in that one thread for all to see. Even a few major gaming websites and magazines either talked about the thread itself or gleaned a lot of information on HL2 which was inside that thread.

When our first and only forum troll was THUGENSTEIN, which IIRC Axyon absolutely hated.

Yup those were the days. :p

Biggest thing thats happened with this site, was when Gabe posted a thread that began with "Well, this just sucks"...

Something close to 5000 people on the forum that day. This place almost completely fried.

Back