The "How do you survive/what do you eat?" Thread

High blood pressure is the main thing really.

Even without the salt, ramen is still way unhealthy.

I mean, it is deep fried.

Are you sure it's deep fried? Most noodles are baked or dried. The times I've had ramen they've looked like they were baked noodles, rather than fried.

That is my balance. I hardly jest. I keep two full boxes of that stuff at all times. Sometimes I'll go out to eat, but 90% of the time, it's Ramen. I'm sooo gonna die.

Aren't you sick of eating the same stuff over and over again? :|

Are you sure it's deep fried? Most noodles are baked or dried. The times I've had ramen they've looked like they were baked noodles, rather than fried.

Most packaged ramen you get... is going to be deep-fried to enhance shelf life and make it faster to cook.

Noodles are typically fried as part of the manufacturing process, resulting in high levels of saturated fat and/or trans fat. Additionally, if served in an instant broth, instant noodles typically contain high amounts of sodium. The current U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance of sodium for adults and children over 4 years old is 2,400 mg/day. Some brands may have over 3,000 mg of sodium per package in extreme cases. Instant noodles and the flavoring soup base also contain high amounts of msg -monosodium glutamate.

get all the big stuff at costco like soft drinks and such. Then just buy whatever you think you need at stop and shop or any other super market. Don't buy in bulk at places like cvs, it's a giant rip off.

1. water
2. canned food
3. ramen
4. bread/mayo/ham
5. shrimp stirfry :)

etc...

High blood pressure is the main thing really.

And later in life you will have a stroke if you don't die from something else first.

And Raz, I had no idea it was fried.

There is absolutely nothing of value in them now. Yeah, its energy, but that's it.

It started of worthless noodle niacin and ended up a death concoction.

Being at uni, my grocery list tends to consist of:

Pasta.
Wine.
Pesto.
Wine.
M&S Ready Meals.
Wine.

Hamtaro noodles.
heinz.jpg

Why don't we have cool food like that here ):

Also wtf is Ramen?

Why don't we have cool food like that here ):

Also wtf is Ramen?

Uncultured much!?

Everybody knows what Ramen is. It's not like it's some obscure product available in a single country.

I tried googling it but it came up 'a Japanese noodle dish that originated in China.'
and looks like this:
soy_ramen.jpg

Surely no one would eat that |:

That looks like "good" Ramen. I believe everyone else is talking about Instant Ramen:

ramen.jpg

slowly train yourself to use less and less seasoning.

Thats the skull and crossbones. Never eat it twice in one day man.

Seriously you are going to die prematurely if you don't get real. After eating that stuff, although delicious, I feel very ill from the overdose of sodium.

I noticed at the store that they have lower sodium variety now, so I bought a couple, but I haven't tried it yet. I expect it to taste slightly less awesome, but live through the ordeal.

The way I eat it, I use half a pack of the salty shit, and have extra water for it to swim in. Thankfully I never feel bad...I just get real hungry within a couple hours.

Surely no one would eat that |:

Why? It looks delicious.

What would you rather eat?

Crazy Irish...

The way I like eating ramen packets is to take one and cook it in water... drain most of the water out after it's done cooking... then I tear open and use about a quarter of the salt packet, making sure it's well mixed and eat it like that.

It's excellent when it remains as whole as possible. Long noodles, very little water, a hint of that powerfully salty flavoring.

That looks like "good" Ramen. I believe everyone else is talking about Instant Ramen:
*SNIP*

Looks like Super Noodles :
Sudan1.jpg

But floating in water. |:
But boy do I LOVE Super Noodles! :thumbs:

burta.jpg

Beef stomach soup.
Might look like unappealing, but tastes great.

Damn it this thread is making me hungry, and it's 3 am D:

Hamster shaped pasta? o_O

Then if someone sees you eating that, you can tell them it's raw hamsters in sauce made from their own blood. :LOL:

gemma must be american. she has no taste.

ahahahaha i crack myself up.

btw, instant jajangmyeon is the best ramen.

BEHOLD!

article05140006045.jpg

(instant does not look this nice)

Wow and you insult people for having no taste.

That looks like diarrhea covered ass.

burta.jpg

Beef stomach soup.
Might look like unappealing, but tastes great.

Damn it this thread is making me hungry, and it's 3 am D:

Damn that looks nasty. But I trust you that it does taste great - some of my favorite foods either look like vomit or snot (raw oysters for example).

gemma must be american. she has no taste.

ahahahaha i crack myself up.

btw, instant jajangmyeon is the best ramen.

BEHOLD!

article05140006045.jpg

(instant does not look this nice)

Wow and you insult people for having no taste.

That looks like diarrhea covered ass.

Actually it tastes OK, but instant jajangmyeon isn't as good as real jajangmyeon.

And where do you get instant jajangmyeon anyway?

I love Ramen noodles, but I never use the flavor packets. That shit will kill you. I just add the noodles to some other bowl of soup, and eat it while they're crunchy. :) Mmmmmm.

But my Bachelerato Market Basket is full of fresh or frozen fish - grouper, cod, perch and tilapia last time I bought. I also get a bunch of veggies and a bunch of fruit and very little in the starch department - a loaf of bread maybe twice a month. I am not too fond of beef, but I try to eat that once in a while, and also a lot of chicken. I avoid potatoes, rice and pasta, so that mean I can have all the cheese and whole cream I wish, without worrying about weight gain. :smoking:

Also, since I am a headcrab, I apparently need human craniums, to "couple" with.

Back