The Official "Oh God Something is Broken" Thread

My custom title has disappeared. I am sad.

Found a small bug on the site.
I was reading the article on "The Episodic Problem" and there is a image in it that says "the True villain", now when I clicked that to see it bigger I see a load box but nothing else happens.

This is on firefox 10.0.2

Cheers mates

Hi Damic, this should be fixed now.

The RSS-feed worked for a while but it seems to be broken again. Before it stopped working it also showed the most recent threads in the forum, which made it difficult to see which links that were actually news.

Ah damnit, I updated addon and it overwrote my fix. I've reinstated the fix. If you were looking for just the News ones, couldn't you use the RSS feed from the News forum instead of the global one?

My custom title has disappeared. I am sad.
So are we. It literally broke our hearts to have to remove it.

I still have nightmares about that fateful day :cry:

I've liked the new site design so far, but I'm not digging the big red new post buttons at all. Especially when they already show up next to the avatar of the person who posted the thread. I know they serve two different purposes, but two big icons for each thread is something I do not like. Would it be possible to make it so that threads with new posts have normal avatars next to them and ones that aren't new have greyed out avatars?

I got the impression that the red button was temporary just to have something bigger for now, because it is quite ugly.

it is quite ugly.

So's your face.

The Fluid Option has been instated, and rather elegantly, if I do say so myself. You can select which you'd rather have by going to "Account -> Preferences" and setting it. There are bound to be a few things that look somewhat off, since I never intended to have a fluid width theme.

It seems otherwise perfect, but the content of posts is still fixed-width:

oiZXz.png

Methinks someone needs to have a look at the code I used.

Stigmata,

What browser are you using? I'm seeing something completely different.

You will need to disable the unofficial hack advised by Veg for it to work properly too.

Actually we are noticing some weirdness in places now...

I just checked it myself after I saw Stig's image. It's like that for me too. Chrome, without Vegeta's hack.

Methinks someone needs to have a look at the code I used.
me thinks you need to wind your neck in a little bit tbh.

Your code has its own problems actually, so don't start criticising Yorick's please.

I'm running Firefox 10.0.2 (latest) with adblock (disabled on Valvetime.net) and NoScript (disabling Facebook scripts), but whatever you guys have recently changed fixed it for me.

jWhPg.png

Yeah we used @Vegeta897's code because it's SO much better.

;)

No we didn't, I just finally had students **** off and leave me alone for 20 seconds so that I could actually look at it properly.

No we didn't, I just finally had students **** off and leave me alone for 20 seconds so that I could actually look at it properly.
I know we didn't!

YOUR SARCASM WASN'T CLEAR ENOUGH FOR ME.

(There are a few more small things that I have to fix later tonight when I have time.)

Your code has its own problems actually, so don't start criticising Yorick's please.
I wasn't criticizing anything. I was politely suggesting that he look at what I did because I encountered the same problem when I was working on it.

No need for this hostility. Wind my neck in? That's some unsettling imagery.

Oh and please do point out the problems in my code if you would be so helpful.

This is a conversation best taken to PMs.

On the topic of the new layout, I have a few suggestions:

1. Center the .recentSlider on the homepage because it looks pretty odd stuck on the right.
2. Set a minimum width for the body (around 920px), otherwise you have elements crashing into eachother at smaller widths.
3. Put some left padding on the .accountContent because as it is it's directly touching the left nav.

Everything else looks great.

On the topic of the new layout, I have a few suggestions:

1. Center the .recentSlider on the homepage because it looks pretty odd stuck on the right.
2. Set a minimum width for the body (around 920px), otherwise you have elements crashing into eachother at smaller widths.
3. Put some left padding on the .accountContent because as it is it's directly touching the left nav.

Everything else looks great.

Yup, that's the plan for tonight!

I thought there was another thing that looked odd but I can't remember it now.

[EDIT]
Postbox Min-Height
"New" icon on posts on Fluid.

I wasn't criticizing anything. I was politely suggesting that he look at what I did because I encountered the same problem when I was working on it.

No need for this hostility. Wind my neck in? That's some unsettling imagery.

Oh and please do point out the problems in my code if you would be so helpful.
Oops, what I said wasn't supposed to come across as hostile but reading it again I can understand why it would be interpreted as such. Sorry Vegeta897 :hug:

Where do I complain about Vegeta's new avatar? It's different and therefore terrible.

Where do I complain about your pixelly blurred piece of garbage you wanker.

Yorick. Just noticed this: In the forum display there're two columns called "Replies" and "Views". Under the "Replies" column it says:
Replies:
Views:

Under the "Views" column it shows the number of replies and views.

Could the video/image/flash dump not be a sub-forum any more? It's kind of unnecessary with how you guys have culled down the number of forums, especially considering it's the only sub-forum left and is now partially hidden behind an obscure two-click interface. If anything, I figured it would have been rolled into the Lounge, but I guess you still have it so that posts in there don't add to a user's post count? In any case I keep forgetting to check it and I'm sure some people didn't even notice it was still there... or maybe I'm just dumb. :>

Yorick told me they got rid of titles that had HTML in them, which included mine. Don't remember what Higlac's was.

Yorick told me they got rid of titles that had HTML in them, which included mine. Don't remember what Higlac's was.
Correct.

And we didn't have a good way of telling who had titles and who didn't so we're removing them as we notice them. Aren't we Krynn72?

I'm sorry, it did hurt... a little. :cry:

Randomly Generated User Title #82914385981234

I don't actually remember what the number was though. I miss it.

Just curious, but am I missing something or is there no way to see if a thread has unviewed replies other than memorizing the last poster and taking note of the last time you checked the thread..?

Threads with bolded titles and those little valvetime icons on the left of them have unread replies.

ah I see, I was not logged in when I was looking earlier. They do not appear when logged in, makes sense. Thanks!

Back