joule

Tank
Reaction score
The_Spirit_poster.jpg

Release Date: December 25, 2008
Studio: Lionsgate
Director: Frank Miller
Screenwriter: Frank Miller
Starring: Gabriel Macht, Samuel L. Jackson, Sarah Paulson, Eva Mendes, Dan Lauria, Paz Vega, Jaime King, Scarlett Johansson, Louis Lombardi, Stana Katic
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for intense sequences of stylized violence and action, some sexual content and brief nudity)
Plot Summary: Adapted from Will Eisner's comic book series, "The Spirit" is a classic action-adventure-romance genre-twister written for the screen and directed by Frank Miller (creator of "300" and "Sin City"). It is the story of a former rookie cop who returns mysteriously from the dead as The Spirit (Gabriel Macht) to fight crime from the shadows of Central City. His arch-enemy, The Octopus (Samuel L. Jackson) has a different mission: he's going to wipe out Spirit's beloved city as he pursues his own version of immortality. The Spirit tracks this cold-hearted killer from Central City's rundown warehouses, to the damp catacombs, to the windswept waterfront... all the while facing a bevy of beautiful women who either want to seduce, love or kill our masked crusader. Surrounding him at every turn are Ellen Dolan (Sarah Paulson), the whip-smart girl-next-door; Silken Floss (Scarlett Johansson), a punk secretary and frigid vixen; Plaster of Paris (Paz Vega), a murderous French nightclub dancer; Lorelei (Jaime King), a phantom siren; and Morgenstern (Stana Katic), a sexy young cop.

Then of course, there's Sand Saref (Eva Mendes), the jewel thief with dangerous curves. She's the love of his life turned bad. Will he save her or will she kill him?

In the vein of "Batman Begins" and "Sin City," "The Spirit" takes us on a sinister, gut-wrenching ride with a hero who is born, murdered and born again.

Check out the new trailer here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QijD73Ojk1g

Plot Summary: Adapted from Will Eisner's comic book series, "The Spirit" is a classic action-adventure-romance genre-twister written for the screen and directed by Frank Miller (creator of "300" and "Sin City"). It is the story of a former rookie cop who returns mysteriously from the dead as The Spirit (Gabriel Macht) to fight crime from the shadows of Central City. His arch-enemy, The Octopus (Samuel L. Jackson) has a different mission: he's going to wipe out Spirit's beloved city as he pursues his own version of immortality. The Spirit tracks this cold-hearted killer from Central City's rundown warehouses, to the damp catacombs, to the windswept waterfront... all the while facing a bevy of beautiful whores who either want to seduce, love or kill our masked crusader. Surrounding him at every turn are Ellen Dolan (Sarah Paulson), the whip-smart girl-next-door; Silken Floss (Scarlett Johansson), a punk secretary and frigid vixen; Plaster of Paris (Paz Vega), a murderous French nightclub dancer; Lorelei (Jaime King), a phantom siren; and Morgenstern (Stana Katic), a sexy young cop

Fixed :naughty:

Hm, that looked great.

'I'm gonna kill you all kinds of dead.'

Sort've want.

On the one hand, very cool, very stylish. On the other, far too much like Sin City and seemingly quite forced and rigid acting/lines. Something about everything that wasn't blatently used from the same set as Sin City was quite 'off' to me.

Looks corny as hell.

I like it.

Sort've want.

On the one hand, very cool, very stylish. On the other, far too much like Sin City and seemingly quite forced and rigid acting/lines. Something about everything that wasn't blatently used from the same set as Sin City was quite 'off' to me.

It looks like Sin City because its by the same guy, Frank Miller. :rolleyes:

Anyways it looks like sex to me, just like Sin City. :naughty:

No shit, and that makes it alright to make it look identical how? It ISN'T Sin City, but yet it seems blatently filmed the same way as SC with a very similar style. A bit of diversity goes a long way, y'know?

I'll say it again - it looks very cool and brilliantly stylish, but I don't want to see another Sin City that isn't meant to be Sin City. I'm eagerly awaiting SC2 for more juicy black and white goodness; for this, It'd be nice to see something a little different, as sexy as it may look. I'll go see it, natch, but the Sin City comic style was a unique style on it's own. I don't think it should start to be used in seperate pieces of media.

it's almost as Miller never read a word of Eisners work ..where's the film noir? where's the pulp fiction crime drama? this looks like one of his sin city stories

oh and what happened to the Spirit's sidekick ...Ebony White?

Ebony.jpg

I guess they'll ignore that part of the Spirit along with everything else. I'm a big miller fan but from what I've seen I dont think he's right for the film

Then of course, there's Sand Saref (Eva Mendes), the jewel thief with dangerous curves. She's the love of his life turned bad. Will he save her or will she kill him?
Screenwriter: Frank Miller
She'll be a WHORE.

All women in Frank Miller stories are WHORES.

WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES

I just saved you all $7.

Back