The "Strange Dream" Thread

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
We get a lot of dream threads, but they're all just on one person's dream. Lets start a thread where everyone can post theirs.

I had a weird and terrifying dream last night.

Click this for the awesome version, read the next few posts for a lame, story-ruining TL;DR version.
It started off with Me, one of my brothers, my sister (who is 14, but in my dream is in her 20s), Legolas and Aragorn (though in my dream he was called "Leonidas.") Our town was under attack by all sorts of ****ed up creatures, lead by Orcs. We were the last survivors in the town, and we were holed up in a Western-style Tavern. The Orcs laid siege to our fortress, and eventually got in. All of our group was split up when they got in, but me and Aragorn (leonidas) were captured together. They brought us upstairs from the basement (where we were fending off the orcs coming through the hatchway), and set us down on the floor. A bunch of them went off to find the rest of our group, leaving only two to guard us. Silly Orcs. We break free and kill the guards, grab our swords again and break out of the room slashing any and every orc we cross by. Then I run into my sister who managed to avoid capture. Leonidas tells us to escape while he holds off the Orcs. We run out the front door and see that its night time now, and its pitch black out. Luckily my eyes are genetically altered to see in the night, and im able to navagate and lead my sister out. Apparently we were in the middle of a huge field, with surrounding forest and no other buildings.

So we run forward and duck into a trench the orcs dug while laying siege, and wait for a horrifying pack of 30-40 mutant fire-in-their-eyes dogs to run past. Then up and over, we sprint for the forest. We make it through the forest and back into another open field where we see huge monsters the size of three men, just prowling around the fields. They're spread out and since its dark out, we manage to just walk around them, with me using my night eyes to direct my sister. After a long time of avoiding them we come up to a line of the most horrific spider monsters I could ever have imagined. They're 10 feet tall, huge and thick like tarantulas, have fire burning on their back, thick nasty hairs all over them, and they scream. They sound like screaming women mixed with a wounded dog's howl. They come out of huge volcano-like holes in the ground that spew lava whenever there isnt a spider coming out of them.

I take a minute to just look at them horrified and say to my sister "we've got a problem". I dont explain to her what it is, because I dont want her to get scared (she cant see any of this because its too dark). Thankfully the spiders cant see well in the dark, and we manage to just walk around them.

After the spiders we find ourselves in a subway tunnel. The lights are still on, thank god, and we start heading towards the airport at the other end of the tunnel. The tunnel is several miles long, and after about 2 hours of walking we're less than a quarter of the way there. Then we see one of the trains coming towards us from. We hop onto one of the platforms and lay on our stomachs behind a wall in case there were orcs on it. It comes by and stops right next to us, with nobody on it. So we jump in, and then some random guy walks by and says "That train is going the wrong way!" and we're like "Naw, it can go backwards" and it starts moving backwards. The guy stands out on the platform as we slowly start moving away on the train and he says "But now you'll crash into the other trains behind you!" and we're like "Naw dude, we'll jump out at the last second."

So we make it to the other end in the train without crashing into other ones. We come out of the tunnel into an airport. We make our way to the exit, through a Disney World gift store, and get outside. Its daytime now. There are hundreds of people all over the place all panicking and worried. Me and my sister start walking toward the parking garage thats several hundred meters away, and we hear a guy yelling "Everyone move to the next airport, this one isnt safe anymore! Its a 3 minute walk to airport number two, everyone please keep moving until you get there!"

Me and my sister dont listen, and just keep going towards the parking lot where my car was parked. Then from behind us we start hearing screams. We dont stop walking, but the screams are getting closer, and there are more and more of them. Then I look behind myself as I hear a woman screaming her brains out. I see an Infected (from 28 days later) come out from behind a large dumpster that was in the middle of the parking lot we were in. Me and my sister bolt, but im slow and he catches me.

Then, in my dream I get a do-over. Im back in the Disney world gift shop and my sisters just walking out. I say "Hold on a sec, I'll be right back." I run into this security room and find a shotgun with two shells, and a pistol with one magazine. I run back out and catch up to my sister who didnt wait for me. This time when the Infected comes for me from behind the random dumpster, I shoot it in the face with the shot gun. Then another comes from behind a car, I blow it away too. I drop the shotgun and run to catch up to my sister who didnt wait for me again, and when I finally catch up, shes in my car and is backing up towards me. She throws open the drivers door and jumps to the passenger seat. As im about to hop in and drive away, I hear another infected. I turn around and see it running at me, but still pretty far away. I unload my pistol on him, and the final bullet hits him in the head and finally drops him. Then I get into the car and wake up.

Best dream ever? I'd say.

There is really no more boring a conversation than of other peoples dreams.

I'd be dumbfounded if anyone read the above post for reasons other than to spite me.

It depends, if you are having a one on one convo with a good friend about dreams, it's fine.

My dream involved Aragorn as Leonidas, Orcs, hell spiders, 30 strong packs of devil hounds, and zombies in a Country Western setting and later in a Florida based Airport. So **** you!.

jesus christ that's a long post. Here's how it should go...

the strangest dream I had was a few years ago, and it was me swimming in a lake being chased by my twin (I don't have a twin) and no matter how fast I swim, he always swims faster, and when he catches me he drowns me...and then I woke up.

Fine. Heres a tl;dr version for you pussies.

Me, Aragorn (leonidas), Legolas, my brother and my sister were under seige by orcs in a old western style tavern. Me and my sister escape through fields dodging devil hounds, mutants and hell spiders who spawn out of mini volcanoes. We escape into a subway, meet and random dude and say some silly dialogue, and make it to an airport where we are attacked by 28-days later zombies and I die, then respawn, find weapons, kill zombies and escape.

Happy now jerks? You ruined my dream.

I had a dream that krynn was paraphrasing dreams and- oh :(

It was all a dream.

That's much better. Thank you, krynn.
Edit: Damn you, Que!!!

I'd be dumbfounded if anyone read the above post for reasons other than to spite me.

When I read your post I was about to go back and read the dream, then realized that you called it so I didn't read the post just to spite you.

rather coincidental that this thread came along... I had a dream a couple of nights ago that i personally found the most harrowing dream ive ever had. The dream started through some unexplained measure with me being bedridden and paralysed from the waist downwards. In my dream I'm never given an explanation as to why I'm paralysed but the memory produced from the dream itself makes it seem like the whole experience lasted around 3 weeks of my life. Imagine living 3 weeks of your life with no legs to use until the 3rd week when he feeling starts to return toy your legs and even then finding out that you need crutches to even attempt to walk with but in the end waking up and finding out it was a dream only? I didn't have any recollection of a day or night cycle but the memories the dream has given me does seem about that long which i find completely bizarre! I don't want to even go back and recall the details but when i woke up from the nightmare i cried my eyes out...

/confession over :(

Thanks for this thread, now I can explain all my weird dreams.

Now I'm blank. Who knew trying to think about something would erase that something from your memory. But I guess I could just talk about dreams in general.

Dreams are weird for me. One time I had a dream...that it was like MIB (Oh noes!) and that this huge ass nuke went off. Then, here it comes, I said wake up (in my dream) and then I woke up. Weird ass shit going on there.

Had a dream someone set my neighbor's garage on fire, threw human feces all over our drive way, and smashed a mannequin made out of old chocolate onto our drive way.

I was very scared that who ever did these acts would go further, so I ate parts of the smashed mannequin made out of old chocolate...

Had a dream someone set my neighbor's garage on fire, threw human feces all over our drive way, and smashed a mannequin made out of old chocolate onto our drive way.

I was very scared that who ever did these acts would go further, so I ate parts of the smashed mannequin made out of old chocolate...

OM NOM NOM.

I have dreams where I am sitting alone at a long table at a breakfast banquet with white linen sheets and classical music.

I then wake up before eating. D:

Fine. Heres a tl;dr version for you pussies.

Me, Aragorn (leonidas), Legolas, my brother and my sister were under seige by orcs in a old western style tavern. Me and my sister escape through fields dodging devil hounds, mutants and hell spiders who spawn out of mini volcanoes. We escape into a subway, meet and random dude and say some silly dialogue, and make it to an airport where we are attacked by 28-days later zombies and I die, then respawn, find weapons, kill zombies and escape.

Happy now jerks? You ruined my dream.

Its ok, i read your long post. Respawned. Anyway you're still a woman right? RIGHT?

Handheld chainsaw fights on campus as part of everyday life.

BAM.

Y'all have some long intricate dreams. Mine are usually pretty short and crappy.

A couple of nights ago, I woke up to my alarm and I really wanted to get up and turn it off, but my body physically wasn't responding. Sleep paralysis, maybe.

Y'all have some long intricate dreams. Mine are usually pretty short and crappy.

A couple of nights ago, I woke up to my alarm and I really wanted to get up and turn it off, but my body physically wasn't responding. Sleep paralysis, maybe.

Yep, worst is when you can't breath or shout for help.

You change your avatar ZT? Or am I freaking out?

It's an avatar of the real chick I think.

Its an avatar of the same person, but I think his last one didnt include a spoon, and had a tad more green.

Its an avatar of the same person, but I think his last one didnt include a spoon, and had a tad more green.

It was him in his previous avatar I think dressed up as this chick... now it's the chick herself.

Really? That was him before?

I knew he was a girly man, but god damn ZT, thats impressive.

I was fighting a unicorn that could see acid (it's kinda hard to explain), and it all happened backwards. After the backwards unicorn fight, (or before, depending on how you at it) I had a conversation with what seemed to be an elder god. "ishannel tewuel lorther" I is what it said, and I replied with "Well if you look at it that way you can blame me for the Revolutionary War as well" Like I knew what it was talking about. then poodles (I'm not ****ing kidding you) shot from a wound that they chewed through, in my head, and proceeded to form, what can only be described as, a 1000 poodle megazord/voltron/mecha shiva bot. At this point I think I woke up... there might have been more to it, but for the life of me I can't remember it.

No, it was a photoshopped version of the same pic I think.

I'm fairly certain he said before it was him in it. Could have been photoshopped, but the face was his.

EDIT: FFS. I hate you Zombie... making me look like a fool. I could have sworn you said it was you dressed up!

ffs

OLDSAUCE:
amelie.jpg

NEWSAUCE:
amelie460.jpg

Sometimes I dream about cheese...

It was him in his previous avatar I think dressed up as this chick... now it's the chick herself.

Dear god I wish I looked like Audry Tattou!

No, it was a photoshopped version of the same pic I think.

-Vegeta is right, the original was something just used for the movie poster, I wanted something more natural looking and less mime-ish...

I don't know what you're talking about.

However, I am wearing nothing.

All of my dreams lately... at least for the past month or so, hundreds of them, have been focused on the concept of Hell and Hell on earth. They're really really vivid and quite frightening when I'm in the dream world... but what gets me is I'm not fretting about Hell anymore. I'm not really feeling guilty right now for becoming disillusioned with my faith.

I wish these dreams would stop though... they're terrible and no fun.

The last dream I had (last night) consisted of going to an amusement park with a friend, going into one of those 'visual adventure' rides where the chairs move along with the action on the screen, having an alien baby pop out of the screen and lick/eat some random lady's kid and become it's replacement.

I just had a dream that humans, perhaps in some distant future, had evolved into emotionless automatons who could, for some reason, transform objects into other objects. (edit: oh, and for some reason nobody at any point created anything smaller than a large washing machine) However, every object created this way had a small hatch (maybe a foot and a half across) which, when opened, revealed a small hole (4-5 inches across). Every time the hatch was opened, as soon as the hole was visible, a small creature would begin slowly crawling out of it.

The creature was small, and pale gray. Looked sort of like a tiny baby, or a doll made to look like one. As soon as I saw it in the dream I had a feeling of panic, and ominous foreboding. It also made, or somehow caused, a sound like a swarm of insects in the distance.

Never got to see what the little bastard was going to do when it got all the way out, though, because whoever had opened the hatch slammed it fairly quick upon seeing it.

Oddly enough, I had a second dream about this later in the night which was in the form of a Doctor Who episode. The Doctor had several people on the TARDIS for some reason, and one of them happened to be a person from the aforementioned "distant future where people are emotionless automatons".

I was back in time a couple of years, and instead of dating the girl I am now, I was just best friend's with her and she was dating somebody else. And I was dating some completely new girl. It was just a really eerie/surreal feeling because I'd be in front of who I thought was still my girlfriend and she was watching me with another girl...and I was watching her with another guy.

Then at about 4am, a civic si and a miata pull up in front of my dorm, and do burnouts, then go screaming out of the parking lot...essentially waking everyone up.

Back