The unofficial HL2.net art contest (discussion)

Mine was made in a couple of minutes. I'm not expecting to win.

Given that this thing is going to be voted by community, like someone already said I can't see this winnin'.

I will admit that when Riom asked me to compete (I'll do something quick tonight) I had a browse through my old folder to see if there was anything I could just post up, but alas, there was not.

I probably won't finish it (planning to recolor her skin to red when I'm done with the body).

wip-1.png

Very small preview...

preview02un9.png

Yup, more MS Paint pixel art :D

Man I love pixel art, reminds me of my Amiga. Ahh sweet memories.

Damn, that's quite encouraging, thanks :D

I'll give it my best shot!

Don't you think the deadline is a bit far away though? Do we really need 4 more weeks? I only say this because the wait is going to kill me.

Edit: another preview

preview03de5.png

Vegeta, that looks awesome. I love pixel art but I suck at it.

Damn, that's quite encouraging, thanks :D

I'll give it my best shot!

Don't you think the deadline is a bit far away though? Do we really need 4 more weeks? I only say this because the wait is going to kill me.
Really I like yours so much because everything else is too abstract for my taste.

And the deadline is so far away because it might take two weeks for me just to finally decide on a final idea and a week again after that to start it :p

Really I like yours so much because everything else is too abstract for my taste.

And the deadline is so far away because it might take two weeks for me just to finally decide on a final idea and a week again after that to start it :p

Question: Are we allowed to do a new one and edit our posts with our new entry?

You know you can only edit a post for 24 hours after you make it, right?

You know you can only edit a post for 24 hours after you make it, right?

Ahh it appears that that is the case. Oh well, I guess i will have to make due with what i have. :cheers:

Woots! All finished. :)

Always wanted to do a picture like this.

I taught Vegeta everything he knows. He's developed nicely!

(I wish.)

So when's this due again what

*checks OP*

You have a little more than 15 days good sir.

I really have to crack down and work on my piece. It's started but I'm not even finished the first bit yet.

Putting the name of the artwork in it is extraordinarily cheesy.

I spent a lot of damn time on that title.

Also I put it in so that adding "Created entirely in MS-Paint" didn't seem as out-of-place.

Noes, the contest has been breached by a non-contributor.

STOP PUTTING DISCUSSION IN THE ENTRY THREAD YOU ****TARDS.

And what does Stormy's entry have to do with Red and Blue? I see the smallest bit of blue, and no red.

I think if Stormy doesn't come up to an explanation as to what his yoke has to do with the topic his should not be accepted.

I'd argue that there are plenty of blue tones in his.

Oh my,

tbh I didn't read to much into the comp and it was just a picture I did a wile back that has been lying around :p

I'll post again soon after I have come up with a cool explination.

Another case of Sir Phoenixx syndrome.

Which tool shall I use to cure you?

asobimasho2001.jpg

I would like to be treated with the girl, please. I'll take her ground up, and in an elixir of tonic water and burrito plant.

what an ugly girl, gollum with pig tails

Back