The unofficial HL2.net art contest (discussion)

You can see how the folds in her nurse suit form creases in the shape of a vagina.

Holy shit, I just now saw ZT's and I busted out laughing!

Holy shit, I just now saw Raziaar's avatar and busted out laughing.

Holy shit, I just now saw Krynn72's avatar and I busted out a rhyme.

Yo, yo, weird creepy monster,
yo, yo, that aint no lobster.

Holy shit, I just saw Vegeta rhymin and I busted out cryin.

I want the rap battle thread back.

I wasn't there for the original. But I can't imagaine a hl2.net rap battle that isn't amazing.

Oh dear god I've changed what I'm planning on entering again. Only a week to make it. AAAAHHHH!

I'm sure you left them.

You already have a slew of moderators available to change your title or username at your whim, you don't need this competition.

I need it.

I left my stuff at home and won't get it till Friday. MUST FINISH ENTRY.

Though I should point out that if you want yr username changed I'm pretty sure the admin will just do it for you.
You think I want my username changed?

What are you trying to say? Do you think Vegeta897 is dumb? Huh? Do you think the fact that I'm almost 20 years old and I still have a DBZ character as my username is stupid? Do you think having numbers at the end of my name is childish? Do you have a problem with 897? They just happen to be the most bitching 3 digits in the world. So why don't you take your little "art supplies" and..

/walks away

Edit:

/comes back

It JUST SO HAPPENS, my dear princess, that I HAVE had my username changed in the past. Want to know what the change was? Capitalizing the ****ing V. That was my transfer into maturity. Vegeta is no longer a kid's name, and that was my doing. I have burned the name into all your minds and you all will think differently when you see somebody else named Vegeta on the internet. You'll think "hey, that kid might not be a noob after all, because Veggies isn't. I shouldn't judge him from his name" And that little kid will thank you for being so nice, and then you can in turn thank me for making you all better people.

You think I want my username changed?

What are you trying to say? Do you think Vegeta897 is dumb? Huh? Do you think the fact that I'm almost 20 years old and I still have a DBZ character as my username is stupid? Do you think having numbers at the end of my name is childish? Do you have a problem with 897? They just happen to be the most bitching 3 digits in the world. So why don't you take your little "art supplies" and..

/walks away

Edit:

/comes back

It JUST SO HAPPENS, my dear princess, that I HAVE had my username changed in the past. Want to know what the change was? Capitalizing the ****ing V. That was my transfer into maturity. Vegeta is no longer a kid's name, and that was my doing. I have burned the name into all your minds and you all will think differently when you see somebody else named Vegeta on the internet. You'll think "hey, that kid might not be a noob after all, because Veggies isn't. I shouldn't judge him from his name" And that little kid will thank you for being so nice, and then you can in turn thank me for making you all better people.

Wow... just wow... I'm appalled. Your name was at one time not capitalized?

I hope I'm not too late with my last entry, I found about the contest only a few hours ago...
Please notice the girl is scared inside, shocked by the fact her mask is broken and she's instantly contaminated (at least that was the inital idea).

I can't wait for another contest with proper rules to follow and more specific details in the given task.

Congratulations ktimekiller, you are the first person whose vote shall not be counted.

I can't wait for another contest with proper rules to follow and more specific details in the given task.

You people bitching about the theme are annoying me. Would you have been happier if riomhaire had said 'Draw a cool picture of dinosaurs fighting!'? He made it broad on purpose - to allow people to do what they want to do, and in a style they're comfortable with.

I propose, next theme: Draw yourselves as ZOMBIES

Having to use two certain colours is not that broad, though, given that they must be implemented into the picture somehow. Natch, there are many, many things that could use elements of blue and red, but shifting a focus towards those two alone has proved some quite uninteresting entries, in my opinion. Looking over some of the entries, most the one's that actually do involve the two colours are in their purest forms and seem very forced, looking to me very out of place in keeping with the actual theme of the image/content.

I like Polaris' because it's very scarce in it's use of the two for the most part, Stormy's for the imagination and Lenin's for a very finely made minamilst piece, though I'm not fond of the planet shine effects... or whatever they are. I like Vegeta's purely from a technical aspect as everytime I look at it it's pretty mindblowing to see how much detail there is made from such a delicate process. I think the red and blue works well there as they are the two common colours for war games in so it feels pretty lighthearted in it's approach, which I like.

EDIT: I agree with Jintor. That would be awesome. :D

You people bitching about the theme are annoying me. Would you have been happier if riomhaire had said 'Draw a cool picture of dinosaurs fighting!'? He made it broad on purpose - to allow people to do what they want to do, and in a style they're comfortable with.

There's freedom in drawing even if you have a specific theme. It would be much cooler to see everyone's imagination trying to represent a limited thing. You sir, are getting annoyed too quickly. Relax, it's a hobby for all of us here, and the winner doesn't even get free chocolate.

Take a look on Worth1000, if you haven't got there already. They have really interesting themes for photoshop contests and everybody tries his best. Yes, sometimes there are 2 or 3 images with a similar approach, but that's only because their authors don't have enough imagination.

What's wrong with two dinosaurs fighting? Even with more constrained rules, like "one dinosaur must be red and the other one blue", you can still have surprising results. Perhaps one might represent them in a cartoony style, someone else would make a statue of 2 dinosaurs fighting, and someone else might even draw them like they are made from red and blue glass. I could find at least 50 different ways of representing these dinosaurs, and surely there are people outhere who will find another 500 ways. On contrary, you shouldn't be annoyed, the limitation of the main theme could only be challenging...

though I'm not fond of the planet shine effects... or whatever they are.

I honestly didn't really care about the contest, I made that in a couple of minutes, and quite frankly, I'm not sure what it is either.

I honestly didn't really care about the contest, I made that in a couple of minutes, and quite frankly, I'm not sure what it is either.

I was talking about Lenin's entry. :p

Goddamit. It sounded pretty similar to mine though.

I can't believe I got a vote. My entry is crap.

*Sends Krynn Valentine for saying im a honorable mention*

Hello, i'm italian....do you like this image??

sharinganhalflife.jpg

By pablo92jedi at 2009-03-02

I was planning on doing the next contest whenever the wiki is fixed. But that could take years.

Back