The Walking Dead TV Series (AMC)

let me check brb

right now this is the only resolution available but they might up a SD one later tonight I'll post if I see it.

The more I see from this, the more I like the look of it. The only thing I'm curious about (having not read the comic) is what the story is like, and more importantly, whether the show is going to explore ideas like humans being monsters.

The more I see from this, the more I like the look of it. The only thing I'm curious about (having not read the comic) is what the story is like, and more importantly, whether the show is going to explore ideas like humans being monsters.

if the show doesn't do this, then it's cutting out a fair few story arcs from the comic. in a lot of the stories case, other stragglers and small civilizations that the main party run into are more of a threat then the dead themselves. in fact, in some respects, i'd be inclined to say that you could take the zombies out of the comic and it wouldn't make much difference - they are simply there as a cause and effect as to why people are out in north america trying to survive on scraps and resorting to being shitty human beings.

whether or not this is going to be done right in the show is what i'm on the fence about, though. so far, all of the gushing media i have seen on this is how well made the zombies look and how much more gore this is going to have then anything else on AMC and tv in general. this is all good and well, but it isn't exactly what i read the walking dead for.

just started reading the graphic novel(s)
really like it so far
shame Tony Moore quit so early on; I much prefer his art to that of Charlie Adlard

Just saw episode one and thought it was absolutely fantastic. Probably the best show to come out of the US in a long time IMO. Loved the atmosphere and the pacing. The scares were there but not without sacrificing some great character moments. And the first child actor in a long time I haven't wanted to throttle.

I haven't read the comics so have no idea where the story is going to turn, but I'm hoping the series keeps up this high standard and that the first episode isn't just a fluke of Frank Darabont's fantastic direction.

apparently it was leaked but the quality is shitty! ima wait for the HD version.

Yeah, I'm waiting for it to air on TV.
It'll have more of an impact if I watch it on Halloween anyways.

The quality was surprisingly good. If I'd known it was leaked I'd have probably waited, it wasn't until after I downloaded it that I found out. Will definitely watch again around Halloween.

Wow... just wow, its up to the standard of AMC's character shows,

the parts with the sniper scene and half zombie girl were the highlight of the show

i have it, not sure whether to wait till halloween for a better copy or not. it's watchable right now, but i dunno.

maybe, just read the recent issue and am pretty hyped up for the next story arc approaching in issue 80. i'll keep my eyes open for a better quality version tonight.

okay, i'm impressed. it only shows the bare bones (heh) of what the comic lays out - the characters, locations and direction from a to b of the plot - and everything else built around that is new... mostly, but if it's going to continue like that, i'm sold. really, really enjoyed it. all the changes are welcome, though i'll obviously reserve judgement for the rest of the show.

basically, when i sat down to watch it, after fifteen minutes i felt happy to think ''you know what? this is all of the best things from the comic done in a different way and it's done well'', and that's all that matters.

I wouldn't really want a carbon copy of the comic anyways.
Wouldn't be much point in watching the show!

I thought I missed the airing of this so I watched the leak. I didn't know it was a leak until I read in the news that it wasn't aired yet. But I'll be watching this when it airs.

The video quality of the leak was quite bad, don't spoil it. It didn't seem to be fully edited yet, even.

really stoked at seeing this do well. it's still quite difficult to fathom the idea of one of my favourite comic books - which i would of laughed at the idea of any film/tv company taking seriously as something to make a show out of when i first started reading - being given out to new audiences and receiving acclaim for how good it is. amazing.

A mixed review was just posted.

Unlike "Mad Men," however, or even "Rubicon," The Walking Dead offers no relief. No humor, no side moments that release a little of the pressure.

No shit sherlock.

AMC released the animated film of the first part of Issue #1 of the comic with animation by Juice Films and voice acting from Phil LaMarr and art from Tony Moore

has anyone seen this?

A mixed review was just posted.

No shit sherlock.

****ing lol. i'm all fair towards different opinions, but a) asking for humour in this is just silly and b) comparing it to shows that couldn't have any more relevance is just boggling.

Just finished watching the first episode. ****ing awesome. This is going to be a great series. I love good Zombie shit. It feels like a movie that has all the great details added in.

Was very meh. Perhaps because I'd seen it already (apparently the leaked version came out a whole eight years early, under the name of 28 Days Later). I think it was also something to do with how the main character can't show any emotion believably, and the scene where hes about to /suicide under the tank and then goes "oh lol, a hatch!" was ****ing stupid. Theres no way he wouldn't have noticed that huge gaping hole when he was crawling towards it and looking forward. Plus the acting in that part was terrible. There was no build up to it. He rolls over, starts asking for forgiveness and before you even realize what hes doing he is climbing up. There wasn't even a surprised "HOLY SHIT IM SAVED" face.

Not impressed by any means. Its not even like I had high expectations for it either. I think I'm the only one who didn't think this was going to be an amazing show. Unless it changes up the generic zombie shtick its doing, I can't see myself staying interested.

Was very meh. Perhaps because I'd seen it already (apparently the leaked version came out a whole eight years early, under the name of 28 Days Later). I think it was also something to do with how the main character can't show any emotion believably, and the scene where hes about to /suicide under the tank and then goes "oh lol, a hatch!" was ****ing stupid. Theres no way he wouldn't have noticed that huge gaping hole when he was crawling towards it and looking forward. Plus the acting in that part was terrible. There was no build up to it. He rolls over, starts asking for forgiveness and before you even realize what hes doing he is climbing up. There wasn't even a surprised "HOLY SHIT IM SAVED" face.

Not impressed by any means. Its not even like I had high expectations for it either. I think I'm the only one who didn't think this was going to be an amazing show. Unless it changes up the generic zombie shtick its doing, I can't see myself staying interested.

I'm sure many were disappointed by some of the things you mentioned - like the tank scene. But for whatever reason, the director wanted it that way. Hopefully there won't be many times where I don't agree with the direction. I think we're going to have to be a little forgiving. The show is interesting enough to enjoy.

On to the script, I was sort of annoyed how they act like they had never heard of zombies before, but I guess that was chance in the script to describe the feverish symptoms and whatever; trying to give a medical reason for it all.

Anyway, I sort of like that the show isn't original. At least we finally get standard zombie fare without the comedy (and one professional reviewer was complaining). I generally don't like the over-serious zombie shit (horror based), or much of the comical zombie stuff.

Pretty good special effects, like that zombie that was just the upper torso crawling in the park - that was pretty sick looking. And the headshots and shit are straight rated-R.

I liked it very much.
Some of the acting seemed a bit shoddy but I can overlook those things because of the excellent atmosphere it possesses.

The zombie make up and all that is gloriously sick too(the crawler in the parker was almost unbearable to watch) which is always a plus.

On to the script, I was sort of annoyed how they act like they had never heard of zombies before

this isn't really anything only brought on by this though, is it? ''zombie'' films in the past don't often relate the dead walking to a cultural-coined buzzword, and within the realms of fiction it makes sense to be skeptical at the very idea of it. had we, as a generation or more, not been brought up on media related to the word zombies, should the dead get up and start wandering around it wouldn't be something we'd associate them as. it's all in the fiction made by the writers, and i think it works.

goddam it my pvr didnt record it however I caugtht it on time to record 3/4 of it. caught it after the cop wakes up from his coma (havent seen the rest yet)

someoen want to give my a summary of what happened to him up util he woke up from his coma? missed about 15 mins of th e beginning

I must say I enjoyed the first episode a whole lot. Black dude from Jericho...love him.

*Stern

He and his partner *The guy at the camp site that stops the chick from going off into the woods alone towards the end of the ep...IE coma cop's wife* stop a high speed car chase my laying spike strips. Coma cop gets shot, hits his vest. He's all "YOU DO NOT TELL MY WIFE ABOUT THIS SHE WILL FREAK OUT!". Then another guy pops out of the clown car and pegs him in the back. Then he goes into the Hospital.

It was ok, I guess. My only real gripe is the reason for the coma. A gunshot, really? It would've been more believable if it was a car accident or something.

so ...
he was shot by psychotic ...clown? his wife didnt know he was in a coma?

so ...

he was shot by an escaped convict I believe... and of course his wife knew but she HAD to leave because of the plague
keep watching, it'll start to make more sense

You know what never makes any ****ing sense to me in these "virus based" zombie movies? Why the hell don't the infected EVER attack each other? I mean, the virus turns humans into brain dead killers, and yet they work as a team, never attackig each other, and only going for the uninfected.

SENSE, it makes none.

so ...

LOL, let me re-explain a bit. They lay spike strips. Bad guys go over it and flip the car. Car is upside down. Guy #1 gets out, shoots coma cop in the chest *Vest saved him*. Guy #2 comes out of car, shoots a lot and gets taken out. Coma cop gets up, like "I'm alright I'm alright! Don't tell my wife this happened She will flip!" Then another guy came out of the car, shot coma cop in the back *no vest there!!* and he went down and goes to hospital where he is in the coma. The reason I said clown car was cause they just kept coming out of the flipped car.

So, wife probably knew, but thought he was dead since he was alone at the hospital when it all went down.

*EDIT* Remus, if THAT is what makes no sense to you, I think it's time I let you know that Zombies don't exist......

Back