The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt announced

Something in my pants just solidified reading that list. 2014 is way too far though. Pants have since liquified.

Man how long do you people think it takes to make a good game let alone a great game? Witcher 2 was awesome and this sounds infinitely better. I'll be content to wait at least a year, because a couple months ago I didn't think they'd even had the time for it with Cyberpunk having gotten so much more word.

I understand that it takes a long time to make a great game. I'm just saying it's so far away I don't feel the hype yet, I don't even want to think about it too much, cause that'll make the wait longer! I'll get excited when the thing will be about to come out.

Some of the vistas look huge. Hopefully they feel that way. I thought that the world in Skyrim felt a bit compressed

Why does it look like the graphical wow factor has either A. worn off since last year or B. they never planned on actually releasing a game with the level of detail we saw in the first trailer in 2013

Is this series good? I tried playing the first one and found it an absolute snore fest and judged it after about an hour of non-fun having.

Why does it look like the graphical wow factor has either A. worn off since last year or B. they never planned on actually releasing a game with the level of detail we saw in the first trailer in 2013
They might be showing it off on consoles. We all know what that means!

Is this series good? I tried playing the first one and found it an absolute snore fest and judged it after about an hour of non-fun having.
The second game is quite different from the first, especially the combat. I think it's gone for $5-10 on steam sales.

So does that mean better or worse? I prefer more action-y combat and a faster paced game in general.

The Witcher isn't a cuh-razy action game like DMC or Bayonetta, its an RPG in its purest form. The moral choices are a big part of what makes it special.

Also the combat system in TW1 is underrated, the alchemy was just right and balanced and picking different witcher stances was cool. TW2 felt like it was trying to be Batman with swords or Dark Souls, looks like they are gonna hit the sweet spot in TW3 with the combat. Atmosphere looks more in line with TW1.

My purchasing of this game depends entirely on if the combat system feels up to date with other games in the genre. TW1/2 were not playable to me because the brutal/adult setting immersion felt impossible with enemies who didn't filch, a horrible projectile / control scheme and flimsy sound effects during combat.

I think the Full Combat Rebalance fixes few of the issues with the combat, that's worth looking into. CDPR hired the guy responsible.

Also finding an action RPG with good combat is like finding a needle in a haystack.

The jury is still out on Shadow of Mordor, but to me it looks like it copies the Assassins Creed style combat. The protagonist looks like a generic fantasy MC and the RPG mechanics might even suck. Also lore rape.

So according to the game awards reveal you will be able to play as an second character in the Witcher 3.

Any Idea who it is?

That said did they confirm coop play?

Witcher 3 is single player only, most likely the'll let you play as a different character when the story demands it.

Judging from the trailer its either Ciri, Lambert or Yennefer that is playable.

Looks like the game has been delayed again to May 19, 2015. Maybe this is CD Projekt Red's way of telling me I should finish the Witcher games already and stop putting them off.

More time to finish reading the 1.5 books I still have left.

As far as I know, there's still a few books that Sapkowski hasn't yet localized to other languages. Thankfully, you can read some fan translations on CD Projekt forums.

As for myself, I have read zero books. To be honest I've cheated and read the wikis on things like Aen Seidhe, Aen Elle, Ciri, Yennefer, Conjunction of Spheres and other lore things, but I should really read The Last Wish.

Finished all the published/fan translated books (7/8). There's one more book that's being fan translated now, book came out in Polish in 2013 but it's a backstory so not terribly pertinent to Witcher 3. Interested to see the deal with Ciri considering how the last book in the timeline dealt with her and the people that know her.

Got the game for free (along with Arkham Knight) for ordering the GTX 970, wonder how much better it will do than the 670 I had. Most benchmarks for games already out put it at about 80 to 90% more frames, and that's before OCing (which I haven't really done with cards before this one).

I bought this to support a developer I truly think does great things, between GoG and really listening to fans and expanding without dumbing down their games. I hope it has better combat than the first two--and a more open world. That's what they're promising, so I hope they deliver.

Hopefully Cyberpunk will come out soon now. I hate The Witcher's gameplay, but CD Projeckt knows how to build a game otherwise.

From my experience on release date, TW3's gameplay is a big improvement over the previous two. Body dismemberment, movement is closer to the lore (meaning Geralt is faster), exploration is fun compared to games like TES, it feels challenging, AI feels is better than mos RPG' and of course the trademark "lessor of two evils" choice system.

I'm having a blast.

anyways, SJWs can **** off. eat shit arthur gies.

Some reason with this and DAI I was getting a lot of "virtual memory ran out" crashes after upgrading to a 970 (and turning up settings to max). Some reason page file was using ridiculous amounts of ram just on idle (3/8gb). I went into control panel>system>advanced sys settings>advanced>performance>settings>advanced> virtual memory> changed to have my SSD have 16-13000 mb. Haven't had a slowdown or memory crash since.

Another misogynist Witcher game? Isn't that par for the course?

Back