UPDATE: FALLOUT 4 has been announced. (TRAILER)

Looks much more colorful than any other Fallout game, and it seems like they've somewhat tweaked the aesthetic as a whole.

I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas despite their problems, and I've been waiting for this announcement for like 5 years. Very excited.

so bethesda still hasn't ditched the rebranded game bryo engine. :/

I mean the game is probably going to be amazing and all but the fact that they seem to be doing "person leaves fault for the first time ever" storyline for the third time is a bit annoying.

Jesus ****ing christ, they're still using that god ****ing **** ass dick guzzling engine? ****. If TES VI is still on this ancient piece of garbage engine that sucked from day one I swear to god I am giving up altogether on video games and will just spend my free time and money on trips to tailand paying ladyboys to trick sex tourists and then video taping their reactions so I can send the footage back to their families at home. ****.

Loved New Vegas and then found 3 to be just super boring and bland in comparison. It's nice that they seem to have improved on the environment, but unless they can crank out a more interesting story/world it doesn't matter much to me.

Loved New Vegas and then found 3 to be just super boring and bland in comparison. It's nice that they seem to have improved on the environment, but unless they can crank out a more interesting story/world it doesn't matter much to me.
Holy ****, Sheepo is back. Time to leg it, guys.

I emerged from my vault to find my dad, listen to the same three stories about myself on the radio over and over, and to sneak a grenade into your pocket.

I think you guys might want to check out the uncompressed version of the trailer. I know it's not the olden days anymore where you download trailers, but it's pretty crisp and lovely to look at in comparison to the youtube video. I'd recommend it; even if it's 289 mb for one video.

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_fallout_4_trailer-34774_en.html
Wow, 289mb for one video? Its going to take me weeks on my 56k modem to download that! Why don't they just split it into 14 380x240px .rm files compressed into separate .zip files so normal people can watch it?

pleae stop, you have the money, make an engine that isn't a complete pile of charlie brown dook

oh wait that requires having programmers do their jobs instead of churning out a buggy mess
I'd be willing to forgive it if the game is like, 5x larger (and content filled) than the previous 2. Less resources in one direction SHOULD yield more in another...I hope.

I think you guys might want to check out the uncompressed version of the trailer. I know it's not the olden days anymore where you download trailers, but it's pretty crisp and lovely to look at in comparison to the youtube video. I'd recommend it; even if it's 289 mb for one video.

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_fallout_4_trailer-34774_en.html

It is not uncompressed, it is not even losslessly compressed, it is less compressed than the Youtube video. Thank you for the link, having better versions than the ones on YouTube is always very helpful (even though I personally think Fallout 4 looks like crap and is going to be a "console port")!

I can't believe this is a AAA production game, why does it look like Barbie: The Game?

****ing hell, is it that difficult to license Unreal Engine 4? Its ****ing free!

I can't believe this is a AAA production game, why does it look like Barbie: The Game?

****ing hell, is it that difficult to license Unreal Engine 4? Its ****ing free!

Corporate licenses which receive access to any version of the full source code at not free at all. If they released it under the "free" program Epic would be entitled to a sizable portion of their revenue. So no, Unreal engine is not "free" for commercial distribution beyond an app-store like environment paywall.

What Todd Howard's pompous ass should have ****ing done is used Id Tech 5 because they own Id for ****'s sake.

Excited as balls about the gameplay. The expansion of customising stuff into building more unique weapons and your own settlements is rad as hell. As as side note, the Fallout Shelter game looks fun. I can see it occupying me on long journeys but unfortunately they only rolled it out immediately for iPhone users. I have an Android phone and we have to wait, apparently.

Back