Updated: Left 4 Dead Comic Series Launched [Part 4 Out]

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
[br]The first in a four part series showing what happened to Francis, Zoey, Bill and Louis after they were rescued in Left 4 Dead 1, as a prequel to "The Sacrifice" DLC for Left 4 Dead 2 has been released.
Welcome to the first chapter in our four-part Left 4 Dead comic, the Sacrifice! Find out what happens after the military rescued Francis, Louis, Zoey, and Bill at the end of the original Left 4 Dead in four weekly installments, each a whopping 40-plus pages of story and art. Then, download the new DLC ?The Sacrifice?, where we put the story?s conclusion into your hands.
UPDATED: You can read the entries below:

Really like it, I assume each part will cover one of the four's backstory with a little flashback moment. I like how they picked up on little moments in the blood harvest campaign, been smokered so many times at the APC ramp.

Yeah each part will cover a different character :)

Awesome comic. Can't wait for the next :D Sept 21st is the next one :)

that was cool. artists style reminded me of the guy who does the hellboy/BPRD comics for the last few years but it's not him. looking forward to more

Jealous of whoever gets to illustrate these.

Great comic, it's off to a cool start. Now I wanna play L4D0: The Beginning.

Great comic. I can't wait for the next one.

Hey, do you think we may see a level where we face human enemies?.. al la 28 Days Latter? 'cause that would be pretty neat (Escaping a military compound, running a blockade.. ect) and all the while having to fight off zombies as well.

some good comic so far i hope we get to see why some of the infected turned into hunters smokers and what not

Yep, that was great. I'm big on them expanding their worlds into other mediums. I felt the beginning was redundant, even if it did capture a typical play session well, and although the rest of it felt like baby-steps and Valve trying out a new pair of loafers, it was thoroughly entertaining. The panneling was great, too.

In light of this I went ahead and re-installed L4D1. I wonder if they notice other players doing similar?

are they going to release 40-something pages for the next three weeks? FOR FREE? AWESOME. Why didn't they sell this as a graphic novel?

are they going to release 40-something pages for the next three weeks? FOR FREE? AWESOME. Why didn't they sell this as a graphic novel?

It's good for a casual free comic based on a videogame. But, in my opinion, it's not something that people would buy.

I must confess, I didn't fancy myself too interested when I opened up to Page 1.

I stand corrected.

I really enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed Part 2. It explains a lot about Zoey before she met the other three Survivors.

that was great, but i still can't shake off how much it looks like the BPRD from the hellboy universe. the shadows, eyes, hands, mouths, colours... still, it's good fun.

Very enjoyable so far. Nice to get some back story on the original characters.

That part with the witch was fantastic. I was actually a little worried that those idiots might shoot it.

lol I thought the same thing.

Anyways, the comic as a whole looks pretty good. I love Valve for releasing free content at a high quality like that - heh, what else could you do.

Amazing comic, I certainly hope that Valve will do this for the Half-Life universe.

Great issue.

Amazing comic, I certainly hope that Valve will do this for the Half-Life universe.

Although I'm pretty much behind Valve on keeping Episode 3 under-wraps (they can take as much time as they need to deliver it), I believe they've failed miserably at maintaining interest in the Half-life universe. I enjoy seeing them develop other ip's, but it's just bad form to drop one of their biggest, without even so much as a nudge in its direction. How about some HL DLC? How about anything? The whole debacle is made infinitely worse by the failure of the episodic promise - a failure that doesn't stem from the idea of episodic, but rather from trying to continue Gordon Freeman's adventures in an episodic format. That was the mistake.

Great issue.

Although I'm pretty much behind Valve on keeping Episode 3 under-wraps (they can take as much time as they need to deliver it), I believe they've failed miserably at maintaining interest in the Half-life universe. I enjoy seeing them develop other ip's, but it's just bad form to drop one of their biggest, without even so much as a nudge in its direction. How about some HL DLC? How about anything? The whole debacle is made infinitely worse by the failure of the episodic promise - a failure that doesn't stem from the idea of episodic, but rather from trying to continue Gordon Freeman's adventures in an episodic format. That was the mistake.

This. For the past three years Half-Life has been kept alive with (amazing) fan made movies and Greatest "X" competitions. I get that they're trying to tell the story though Freeman's eyes but the HL universe is ripe for side-stories and comics like this.

High quality stuff, Bill seems a bit more grimdark than he did in the game but then again Zoey never mentions killing her dad so...yeah.

So cool. I like that we're finally getting some details on the story too, such as the nature of the infection.

Pt.2 was awesome. Pretty horrid knowing that Zoey's father could've been ok.

I want to see a 32+ player map of that last stand garrison in part 3

God damn that looked like Survival in Godlike mode. Would play with 32 people. Probably like 10 tanks at once.

Part four was the pinnacle of epicness. This comic series has really enriched the entire L4D brand. I hope they do more of these.

I'm really loving it so far, but one thing that's confusing me in Part 2 is

When Zoey's mom is attacked by the infected, does it bite off half here face or does the bullet fired by her dad do that?

Yeah fine ending there. I only had a little trouble coping with the artstyle used on Zoey. The guys bein ugly is alright but she should'a stayed hot!

Back