Valvetime means L4D too, eh?

Sheepo

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=8309

All L4D campaigns adapted to L4D2, new DLC campaign 'Cold Stream', any and all "mutations" available at all times. July 24th.

Anyway, seems like L4D is a second hand citizen on a site that is now devoted to Valve in general officially. Anyway, I haven't played a MP game in forever and I'm quite partial to the rabid little guy, anyone interested in playing in the future?

I wonder if Cold Stream will be any better than it was in beta. And by any better I mean nothing alike because it had no redeeming features.

This L4D post was included in the news video for the week, the video isn't just news posted on the site but other things which don't make the front page alone. L4D hasn't been relegated off the front page entirely though, the actual release of the campaign will be posted although most people will have already played it considering the campaign has been openly tested by the community for many months now.

This L4D post was included in the news video for the week, the video isn't just news posted on the site but other things which don't make the front page alone. L4D hasn't been relegated off the front page entirely though, the actual release of the campaign will be posted although most people will have already played it considering the campaign has been openly tested by the community for many months now.

Ah, well I haven't been on L4D2 in over a year, didn't realize it was in beta. And I haven't watched the round ups, I stand corrected. Nothing left to do but beat myself as punishment.

Consider yourself added Barnz, and I'm curious what you don't like about it Hat.

The fact that it was a boring, gruelling, almost unchanging gauntlet with far too many enemies and far too little space. It had no highs or lows, no noteworthy setpieces or much-needed respites, it all felt like the same goddamn thing for like a half hour. Then it abruptly changes into an open forest at the end with no sense of direction and finishes with a terribly animated cutscene. I played with 3 other people and they all felt the same way.

This was beta though, so I assume they've at least shaved down the edges a little if they think it's console-worthy.

If I wasn't playing Cold Stream with other .netters I probably would have quit 10 minutes in. It's pretty repetitive from what I remember.

Yeah that Helm's Deep map too, what an awful boring mess.

You're walking a dangerous line son.

It's second hand because Left 4 Dead is a scrub game for people with terrible taste in video games like the vast majority of this forum.

The fact that it was a boring, gruelling, almost unchanging gauntlet with far too many enemies and far too little space. It had no highs or lows, no noteworthy setpieces or much-needed respites, it all felt like the same goddamn thing for like a half hour. Then it abruptly changes into an open forest at the end with no sense of direction and finishes with a terribly animated cutscene. I played with 3 other people and they all felt the same way.

This was beta though, so I assume they've at least shaved down the edges a little if they think it's console-worthy.
Wait you weren't talking about the L4D series as a whole?

The fact that it was a boring, gruelling, almost unchanging gauntlet with far too many enemies and far too little space. It had no highs or lows, no noteworthy setpieces or much-needed respites...

oh look at this big baby lol - he never played versus

GWhDm.jpg

edit:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/badhat/stats/L4D/?tab=stats&subtab=versus
http://steamcommunity.com/id/badhat/stats/L4D2?tab=stats&subtab=versus

oh lawl, he's a noob

...is a scrub game for people with terrible taste in video games like the vast majority of this forum.

Cctdr.png

And I haven't watched the round ups, I stand corrected. Nothing left to do but beat myself as punishment.

Well be sure to watch them in the future! We put a lot of work into them every week.

Back