Well shit, I found out I have asthma...

Saturos

Reaction score
and now here I am, trying to get my old IT job back.

I made it to my third week of training when a corpsman lieutenant pulled me out of training and into the separations barracks. Our division had just been commissioned (DIV 089) too and we were about to take our first tour of the USS Marlinspike where we would be given lessons on line handling and firefighting that and the following week. Everything was going so well too. If that wasn't enough, I was also told I wasn't qualified for the IT rate because I was partially color blind. Shit. :x

At least they were kind enough to let me retake that eye color exam two more times but to no avail. I couldn't get that waivered either.

Oh well, at least I'm 10 lbs. lighter and in shape now. One of the other recruits in the separations barracks told me, "if you give a shit, you get fu**ed. How do I know? I gave a shit too, and I got fu**ed".

I just hope I can get my old job back now. :(

I loved it too.

Well, a trip to the Rockies cured or instabilized my athsma, so I think it might help you.

If anything, at least I got to hang out in Chicago for awhile, and it sucked. 8 feet of snow and beggars and drug pushers on every street corner. Chicago was a beautiful city until I stepped of that train and onto the streets. Uhg. :p

I have had severe asthma since birth. I was able to run 25 miles a day at my peak. Never let it determine your life!

and now here I am, trying to get my old IT job back.

I made it to my third week of training when a corpsman lieutenant pulled me out of training and into the separations barracks. Our division had just been commissioned (DIV 089) too and we were about to take our first tour of the USS Marlinspike where we would be given lessons on line handling and firefighting that and the following week. Everything was going so well too. If that wasn't enough, I was also told I wasn't qualified for the IT rate because I was partially color blind. Shit. :x

At least they were kind enough to let me retake that eye color exam two more times but to no avail. I couldn't get that waivered either.

Oh well, at least I'm 10 lbs. lighter and in shape now. One of the other recruits in the separations barracks told me, "if you give a shit, you get fu**ed. How do I know? I gave a shit too, and I got fu**ed".

I just hope I can get my old job back now. :(

I loved it too.

Shit dude, how'd you find out?, I mean, if you didn't know you have it, it cant be that big of a problem?.

Shit dude, how'd you find out?, I mean, if you didn't know you have it, it cant be that big of a problem?.
I never went to a doctor for any reason before enlistment, nor have I ever pushed myself physically to the limits that hard in my life.

Marching 3 miles from class to class everyday, 1.5 mile runs three times a week, and lots of intensive training everyday seemed to have brought out the worst of it. I couldn't even sleep without waking up and choking for air.

Scary stuff. I tried to play if off and pretend I was ok, but the Chief put me on light limited duty and sent me to USS tranqulity (sick bay) when he got wind from the night watch.

So long as you keep your reliever inhaler with you at all times you shouldn't have to worry much. :)

I never went to a doctor for any reason before enlistment, nor have I ever pushed myself physically to the limits that hard in my life.

Marching 3 miles from class to class everyday, 1.5 mile runs three times a week, and lots of intensive training everyday seemed to have brought out the worst of it. I couldn't even sleep without waking up and choking for air.

Scary stuff. I tried to play if off and pretend I was ok, but the Chief put me on light limited duty and sent me to USS tranqulity (sick bay) when he got wind from the night watch.
Thats ****ing nuts, how can an adult male, in any first world country go his whole life without ever seeing a doctor.

Makes me very happy to be a Uk citizen.

That blows man, I have asthma too. Doesn't stop me from benching over my own bodyweight, practicing MMA, and running regularly, but it's just that much harder. Feel for ya bro :)

Oh dear, well nevermind. I understand the asthma being a problem, but even without that you'd still be unfit with your acute colour blindness if I understood correctly?

What was the test they did for you? Which pigments did you have problems with? red-green? I've heard rumours people with colourblindness are actually quite good as spotting camouflage with lots of rod cells and less cones.

One of the other recruits in the separations barracks told me, "if you give a shit, you get fu**ed. How do I know? I gave a shit too, and I got fu**ed".
That's really weird, because that is exactly what Shakespeare said.

Oh, that sucks man, sorry to hear it. My brother's had asthma since he was little so I know how it can be... guess you just developed it late without realising or something (I think that's possible)? It's not the kind of thing you think about unless you're born with it I suppose.

Here's hoping you get your old job back, buddeh.

I hope i don't find something similarly annoying the next time i go to a doctor. Haven't been for over 8 years apart from to get my arm un-broken.

Makes me very happy to be a Uk citizen.

What the **** does that have to do with anything? Its not like Americans aren't allowed to see a doctor, and its not like a physical is outrageously expensive, he didnt go to the doctor on his own accord, what nation he is a citizen of has nothing to do with it.

An excellent point, its not an obligation to go to a doctor here either

What the **** does that have to do with anything? Its not like Americans aren't allowed to see a doctor, and its not like a physical is outrageously expensive, he didnt go to the doctor on his own accord, what nation he is a citizen of has nothing to do with it.

Jesus christ Krynn, switch to decaf.

Sorry to hear it dragonshirt, but at least you can wear dragonshirts again.

Hey, maybe the coughing will eventually become flame-breath!

Nah he's right, Solaris is like Nuri, they tend to jerk off fantasizing about the Queen doing a striptease in a Union Jack burlesque costume.

It's absolutely nuts, I seriously think there is not one person I know who has never been to a doctor in their life. Surely growing up, every kid gets ill at least once? Myself an my siblings must have gone to the doctors more than 10times each growing up, for all sorts of things from a bad cold to a sprained ankle.

Perhaps Saturos is absurdly healthy (but evidently from this thread he isn't), which leads me to conclude he has never been to a doctor, when it would have helped him, because of the cost.

What other reason is there?

I have had severe asthma since birth. I was able to run 25 miles a day at my peak. Never let it determine your life!
This. High-five asthma running buddy.

I used to be in and out of the hospital all the time as a child for asthma, and because of that doctors used to tell me not to exert myself or do any strenuous physical exercise, so for several years I sat out.

And then in middle school I had this wonderful PE teacher who didn't accept that and he would run alongside me, motivating me. And as it turns out, despite what doctors professed I didn't keel over and die.

Since then it's been like I don't even have asthma at all.

I used to be in and out of the hospital all the time as a child for asthma, and because of that doctors used to tell me not to exert myself or do any strenuous physical exercise, so for several years I sat out.

And then in middle school I had this wonderful PE teacher who didn't accept that and he would run alongside me, motivating me. And as it turns out, despite what doctors professed I didn't keel over and die.

I still plan to do plenty of exercise, even though the "professionals" say that's not good enough for the NAVY. I have no regrets though as being in the NAVY has taught me quite a bit, like how much Chicago sucks for instance. I will always respect the NAVY unlike many who are discharged who go around saying, "f**k the NAVY".

I lost approximately 10 lbs in only one month and I enjoy being fit now unlike before. I went from a 200 lb. 5'6 fat body with a 18% body fat percentage to 183 lbs./ 16% and I feel great. I don't intend to let this unexpected shortcoming slow me down.

It's absolutely nuts, I seriously think there is not one person I know who has never been to a doctor in their life. Surely growing up, every kid gets ill at least once? Myself an my siblings must have gone to the doctors more than 10times each growing up, for all sorts of things from a bad cold to a sprained ankle.

Perhaps Saturos is absurdly healthy (but evidently from this thread he isn't), which leads me to conclude he has never been to a doctor, when it would have helped him, because of the cost.

Well ok, I was covered under my parents health insurance until I was 21 and after that I was covered during my IT intership, but I just never had any reason to go see a doctor. The last time I've been was when I was extremely ill with a stomach virus and had to have fluid replacement. That was about 7 years ago from today. I haven't been to a dentist since I was 16 until boot camp either, and I have no cavities, nor have I had any trouble with my two top wisdom teeth. They came in perfectly.

Oh dear, well nevermind. I understand the asthma being a problem, but even without that you'd still be unfit with your acute colour blindness if I understood correctly?
Yeah, they told me because of acute color blindness, my NAVY careers were pretty much narrowed down to swabbing the deck and/or doing paperwork. Screw that, the only paperwork I like to do is after using the restroom. I'm not really totally colorblind, mainly dark colors like browns, reds, and dark blues I have a hard time distinguishing sometimes, and plus I failed that stupid test three times.... *grumble* *grumble*. I remember feeling so stupid when I asked a petty officer recruiter why "dress blues" were really "black". He looked at me like I had spiders crawling out of my ears.

*twitch* hey fu*twitch*ck you man! *twitch twitch*

Everyone I have ever known has been to a doctor as well, AND GUESS WHERE I LIVE!!!!!!1111.

Except Raziaar, but thats his parents fault. And there are several other reasons why someone would have never gone to a doctor. The most likely of which is laziness, and the second most likely is they feel uncomfortable with men handling their balls.

You're the fourth person he has done that to, and the only one left alive. Congrats!

You know what I just remembered? I made that photoshop the other day about summoning people on the forum, and Saturos was among them, to which KA said, "I wish we could still summon Saturos."

Coincidence?!

You know what I just remembered? I made that photoshop the other day about summoning people on the forum, and Saturos was among them, to which KA said, "I wish we could still summon Saturos."

Coincidence?!
Like some kind of forum rpg ala Final Fantasy style or something? You must show me sir.

I've been preparing the spell in my spare time since then.

It worked.

I'm ****ing incredible.

You Saturos, when you said, 'I have never been to a doctor before'. You actually meant, 'I have been to a doctor before'?

I do not understand.

Ah, I haven't posted here a while and I remember now.

You're that retard.

Why do so many people dislike Saturos and what's all this talk about dragon shirts?

Yet by the grace of nature's contingent whim, at least he is no Lemonking!

Back