Were you ever a Peeper?

Warped

Reaction score
Just wondering if you ever too a gander at this site before you became a member.
I think I came onto here to read about HL news and stuff back in the day from time to time. I became a fan of HL1 shortly after release because of a friend and I remember searching for a long time on mods and news about sequels and communities helped quite a bit. Kinda wish I joined sooner to be honest, but I'm just glad I'm here

so whats your story?

I'm not sure, but I think I joined right away.

I found the site, probably looked at a few posts, then joined. I signed up to ask for help. I was having some texture corruption after playing HL2 for a while.

I think I peeped for quite a bit, really, just looking at HL2 news, mods news, and the like. I finally joined, was a ****ing moron (acted very nooby), and now I'm... well... less nooby?

I found this site via a swedish half-life site wayyyyy back (it doesnt even exist anymore). I made an account on my first visit so i could post in the mapping section to get some advice and help (for half-life 1), but it wasnt until half-life 2 was actually released that i started visiting and posting regularly. Now it has become my crack. Always when using a computer, i MUST have a tab of hl2.net open to refresh every minute or so. I seriously would go insane without this site, even though i dont post too much.

Now it has become my crack. Always when using a computer, i MUST have a tab of hl2.net open to refresh every minute or so. I seriously would go insane without this site, even though i dont post too much.

Oh god, this. I need my hl2net fix. Someone should really make an iPhone app or something.

I'm disappointed this thread isn't about voyeurism.
I thought maybe it was going to be about Peeps, the marshmallow candies. I'm disappointed it isn't about either topic. It's called being a LURKER, OP.

Also, I joined once I found the site, but I think I waited about a month before I started posting.

Joined and posted straight away, when I was still young and innocent.

Really can't remember. I think I viewed the front page for news, then I started reading comments on the news and signed up to comment too.

I found the site in december 2005. It was when I got Half life 2. I went in and read some posts. I had already played most of it at some friends house so spoilers didn't really bother me. And when I had completed it for real I joined in and wanted to find out if people thought about the end.

I remember lurking sometime around Aug 2003, but I'm always cautious about which sites I join, so I didn't for another half a year.

heh, I had been without my own computer for a long time, and bought one in Dec 2004, so I couldn't have joined much sooner than I did. I think the most compelling thing for me was the intelligence of many of the people here and their tech knowledge.

i came here asking some random question about hl2 and remember a thread asking whether or not we'd stay on the forums once the game was released. I said no.

WELL THAT DIDN'T WORK!

Ive been lurking this site now for about a month. This thread made me finally get around to joining. So heres my first post.

Now Im off to fix my avatar and profile.

Cheers.

Ive been lurking this site now for about a month. This thread made me finally get around to joining. So heres my first post.

Now Im off to fix my avatar and profile.

Cheers.

quick, post in the newbie sub-forum so we can all think of witty things to say to you!

I registered as soon as I took notice I think.

I'm pretty sure I signed up within a week of coming here, but after that I kinda cycled between posting and lurking (still do, sometimes). I think after a year or two I managed to completely stop coming here at all. I have no idea why I started posting again. Probably boredom.

I lurked for about a year before I joined.

I probably lurked for 3-5 months before joining. And yeah, I'm am disappointed this wasn't about voyeurism too.

This place was full of noobs in 2003. I think hl2.net always been a good place to talk about half-life series - it has, or had:

.half-life fact file/darkside's hl articles
.hl2 site puzzle/e3 videos/poster threads (hl2fallout had some good puzzle threads too)
.threads/posts explaining combine's technology, and agenda/teleportation in hl universe
.official information from valve (replies from devs)

Hahaha... peeping?! I was ready for a bunch of stories involving windows and binoculars. You ruined my day, Warped; I hope you're happy.

Anyway, I joined fairly quickly.

Aw I thought this thread would be about reincarnation as a spring peeper.

I actually lurked around on this site a lot about a year and a half ago, and decided to make an account.

If I recall correctly, the first time I looked at this site I came across an opinion regarding Half-Life 2's status that I did not agree with.

So I registered to argue with him, naturally.

Yeah there was this girl that lived next do........

I don't remember to be honest. I came across this site looking for walkthroughs.

Been lurking since mid 2007, then I signed up to tell Sheepo off and after that I went back to lurking.

Lurked for a few months before joining.

You mean, like on my sister when she would get out of the shower at 7:13 every morning?

...of course not, that's gross.

After lurking for about 3 weeks, I saw an old thread about whether hunters were striders and saw a post by Darkside that I strongly disagreed with (still do by the way). So I joined and tried to argue in the worst way possible and got made fun of by pretty much all the regulars here. Lord knows why I stuck around, but now there's no going back.

I joined right away. Like, as soon as I heard about HL2. In a "oh god must google forums to share excitement" way.

Which is why I'm #36. :cool:

Back