What is your weirdest Hobby

Azner

Tank
Reaction score
Well the title spells it all... if its card collecting that is not weird... Playing musical chairs everyday is weird but not the sort of weird im asking so just tell US about your "WEIRD" hobby...

Electronics.

But tbh, I haven't made anything in a LONG time...

I know you want US to ask how long so

How LONG

D: I'm stalking you too...*YOU GONNA GET RAPED TONIGHT.

*No ****ING WAY in Hell.

It is if you do it to strangers on the street.

If you do it to strangers on the street it's no longer masturbation D:

But they might dislike you suddenly taking off their pants.

Uh...drive by insults?

To be totally honest, none of my hobbies are particually "weird"

OKok lets kix this up a knotch

Knife Throwing is mine

I dont concider my hobbys to be all that weird, im a dancer and an actress, i do painting in my free time and im part of a car club, we basically modify and race cars, enter them in shows and try and win money. most people think my car hobby is wierd since im such a girlie girl, ( love pink, do ballet obsessed with shoes) but i dont see it as strange, im just " abstract"
Next weekend im off to a japanese modified car show, just to have a look around for the day.
Not just modified cars im interested in, basically any kind of car!

I used to really be into computer games, and computers but i seem to be running out of time to fit that in.

Airsoft, I guess. Ask me again in a few months when I can afford it and the answer may be skydiving or aerobatic flying.

Arr, I just have to jump on the tube to get to mine. There's a CQB site in Angel.
Getting there with all the gear without being arrested as a suspected terrorist is quite a challenge, though. Damn gun-o-phobic country.
Whereabouts do you live?

That's funny...I had a dream lastnight that I was a helicopter taxi pilot. Really. :S
I want to compete in aerobatic events some day (hopefully not too far away, else I'll lose my reflexes). It's an adequate substitute for being a fighter pilot. Why helicopters?

I'd LOVE to fly, but too much money, and I'd mess up and die. :(

I live near Hull. My closest sites are Leeds and Sheffield, which are a good couple hours away..

I'm sure you could make a good CQB site out of an abandoned factory in Hull. :D

Helicopters because, well, i've never flown them before. I've taken a few plane flying lessons, and they were awesome, but I had to stop when I left cadets. I could go start all that again but there seem to be more job opportunities I'd consider with helicopters than planes, and they seem more practical in the 'land them anywhere' sense :p though I'm not sure I'd be able to make a career out of it because of my eyesight - short sighted with a form of colour blindness. I don't know how strict exactly the medicals are. That's not a huge deal though.. i just want to fly

Ah, yeah. I was in cadets too. Some of the best memories of my life. Back when everything was still going as planned. :)
Short sightedness shouldn't be a problem, but colour blindness may well be. I've never really been interested in commercial flying so it's only the military medicals I know stuff about. Any form of sight defect is an instant rejection from the RAF - particularly colourblindness as the landing lights are red and green. I believe they still rule you out even if you can tell the difference between the two quite perfectly.
What can you do as a commercial helicopter pilot? Anything that doesn't require you to carry passengers?
You've got my interest now - I can get a PPL but I can't carry passengers. I can't get a CPL.

I know I'll never be able to fly in the RAF. I can tell the difference between red and green perfectly and my problem isn't severe, but it's definately there :(
With a basic licence and a class 3 medical (i think - you only need the lowest one) a helicopter pilot can carry passengers, but not charge a fee for it. To be able to do that you'd need a class 2 medical I think. I'm no expert, I've just spent a little time looking into it. I'm still wondering whether I should go for it or not - it'll cost well over £10,000 in the end..

I believe I can pass the class 2 medical. It's been a long time since I investigated this stuff. Class 1 I will never in my life pass. The no-passengers restriction comes from my epilepsy - I assume it applies to helicopters too. It will be lifted after 10 years with no seizures or medication. But due to my history I can still never get a Commercial Pilots License.
I mean, what do commercial helicopter pilots actually DO?

You should really go for it. £10,000 isn't a lot of money. Get a good sales job for a year or so, you can make an absolute fortune - but you have to be good at it. I would recommend doing recruitment for a while. You don't need a degree, which is a plus point. It pays as well as graduate careers on basic only and you're looking at the same again in commission in your first year. There is no obligation to stick with it (and most people don't, because it's tough). You would be able to finance your training easily by doing that for a year.
If someone put a price on my dreams, I would be ecstatic. It means it's there and you can take it. Don't miss out.

I try to oobe when bored, and I also do that strange writing activity from Solaris' thread.

I make egg parachutes and throw them out the window of my 13th floor apartment building.

Most fall apart during flight.

Ah, that's a shame. I think the medicals are the same whether it's a helicopter or plane. But I did read that you can carry passengers with just your initial PPL, that requires only a class 1. Maybe I'm mistaken with that though...

Here we go.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/49/SRG_Med-NPPL_epilepsy.pdf

I can get a special, restricted PPL. Whether that is sufficient to carry out certain commercial duties, I have no idea.
It's a shame as I was looking forward to making friends puke their guts up and black out in an Extra 300. It should really be their choice if they want to take the risk, not the CAA's. But that's the nanny state for you.

I'd love to become a helicopter pilot for the police or air ambulances.. something in that area. Right now that's not a serious consideration for me though, I'm working towards a rather less exciting job in design :p

That sounds like fun. But why settle for second best? Why work towards that rather less exciting job in design when you could have the best?

And £10,000 is an awful lot of money for a 17yr old in college with no time for even a part time job. I've 2 years of college, then possibly more depending on what I can find at the end of it. I'm willing to wait until I'm able to fund it though :)

Yeah, but you can get a job straight out of college. Do it, do it, do it!

It's a damn shame, that, but at least it doesn't stop you completely.

It's not second best, not really.. it's something I've always wanted to do still, it's just slightly more attainable and slightly less high on the scale-of-awesome! It's not like I can't learn to fly on the side..

I'm gonna see what kind of job I can get straight out of college. If it's something I want then I'll go for it :D

and we are on topic, azner. These are our weird hobbies-to-be :D

Ah, fair enough. I had to do years of soul-searching to come up with an alternative that I could get excited about. If they're pretty much equal for you, then you know - whatever suits you. Just be wary of pigeon-holing yourself into a career path you're not fully committed to. You could of course do one while attempting to get into the other.

I don't have any weird hobbies :(

I can't think of anything that I do for a hobby is exceptionally weird either. Of course granted, I don't do much but play games these days anyways.

The only hobby I really have is video games :(

What about throwing tomatoes at people? Can that be a hobby!?

I dont concider my hobbys to be all that weird, im a dancer and an actress, i do painting in my free time and im part of a car club, we basically modify and race cars, enter them in shows and try and win money. most people think my car hobby is wierd since im such a girlie girl, ( love pink, do ballet obsessed with shoes) but i dont see it as strange, im just " abstract"
Next weekend im off to a japanese modified car show, just to have a look around for the day.
Not just modified cars im interested in, basically any kind of car!

I used to really be into computer games, and computers but i seem to be running out of time to fit that in.
You are a guy ADMIT IT !

Back