What's new, HL2 (dot net)?

What's going to be real awkward is when 2013 rolls around and we start celebrating our individual decade of posting anniversaries. At that point the oldies won't even need to post because the forum software will know us so well it'll fill them in for us.

Holy shit.

I've never thought of that.

The fact that I'm about to pass my five year mark is odd, but ten years?

Good times, man. Good times.

Also, if we haven't had a US HL2.net meet up by ten years I'm going to be pissed.

Holy shit.

I've never thought of that.

The fact that I'm about to pass my five year mark is odd, but ten years?

Good times, man. Good times.

Also, if we haven't had a US HL2.net meet up by ten years I'm going to be pissed.
I'm still up for driving to Michigan after I go to Tampa and chill with Kamikazie and my little Peshy.

How you guys can keep posting on a low-population forum for six years eludes me. :O

I really have no clue how I got here, but I'm sure my intense hype for the release of Half-Life 2 got me glued here since then. I still remember the 30 page rants about whether or not HL2 would come with a multiplayer mode and why the gravity gun was the coolest weapon ever and all that good stuff. Also the time when Gabe Newell actually posted on here; **** yeah that was cool. I was like 13 and I was piss-faced retarded, and still am.

Thank you HL2.net, you have sheltered so many of us from the horrors of losing our virginity.

I love you, You love me

We are all a happy family.

But yeah, I've been here for a month or so, had been lurking for a year. And so far I like it. So far I have been very unremarkable, and that's because I am still new around here.

I love these types of threads, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Its weird to think that most of us has spent all these years together, discussing, debating, harassing, and sharing with each other, yet most of us have never met each other in the real world.

This forum is automatically loaded each time i start firefox. The tab is always open when im online, it is always the first one to the left. When i go on other computers, it feels as if i am amputated because its missing that sweet little hl2 logo with the text "Halflife2.net Forums - Powered by v..." glarring at the corner of my eyes.

This place makes me whole.

I really have no clue how I got here

Dont drink the water, they put something in it, to make you forget.
(obligatory)

When I'm a rich and famous musician and I start touring the world I'll have to remember to wear a hl2.net related shirt on-stage.

I love this place, although I lurk a lot more than I post. I think the most I ever posted in one stint was about cars with Pitz.

How you guys can keep posting on a low-population forum for six years eludes me. :O

Uhh... I wouldn't consider this low population.

And even if, there's tons of posts except for slow days/weeks. This isn't some stupid forum where people post and they don't get replies back for days or weeks. You get replies back ****ing instantly, at any hour of the day!

I made my mouth boogers thread at some ungodly hour for me, and I got bunches of responses quickly! People care about my mouth boogers or are bored enough to post!

Well, it turns out that if you google "mouth boogers" hl2.net is on the first page of results...

Well, it turns out that if you google "mouth boogers" hl2.net is on the first page of results...

Awesome. I won't rest until it's on the first page of yahoo and the others as well!

And even if, there's tons of posts except for slow days/weeks. This isn't some stupid forum where people post and they don't get replies back for days or weeks. You get replies back ****ing instantly, at any hour of the day!

I made my mouth boogers thread at some ungodly hour for me, and I got bunches of responses quickly! People care about my mouth boogers or are bored enough to post!

Well I'm usually online when most of you are asleep. During the day, I generally see new posts but when I'm on the most, at night, it's slowsville.

Slowsviiiiiiiiile.

Well I'm usually online when most of you are asleep. During the day, I generally see new posts but when I'm on the most, at night, it's slowsville.

Slowsviiiiiiiiile.

There are enough of us Aussies and others that are either during the day or awake during some un-godly hour.

I would've torn your throat out if you said that a year or two ago, that being the entire basis of me becoming a moderator.

Not these days, though.

ihaveotherqualitiesinstead

I like this place. The oldies here seem like more than an avatar and a username to me now. It's probably my favorite forum. I have more posts here than I do anywhere else. The people here are really intelligent for the most part and we're all pretty close in age it seems. I'll be here as long as the site is up.

The above post made me briefly pause to consider what would happen if this site went down and, damnet, I love you guys.

What Ennui was talking about, about the forum software knowing us so well it'll fill in our posts automatically...right here is where it'd drop in a bemused reaction face for me.

How can I be passive aggressive if I dont even know what that means? I mean, I used to know, back when I was in school and had to learn it, but it must have been stupid or something because why else would I forget it?

Also, I got mentioned and Darkside didn't. Eat it sucka!

What's funny is I have very well-developed familiarity with all of you people who have been here for 3-5 years and are whining in this thread about how nobody probably notices them. Don't be so hard on yourselves. I won't name names because then I might make someone feel bad but you know who you are, ye who posted self-disparaging things in here.

I understand why nobody would notice me, I have 1500 posts accumulated over 3 years. I lurk too much.

"Hey guys no one notices me wah wah I'm so nondescript I mean I can understand it but you know"

I read that as "respond to my compliment digging by telling me I'm not a nobody and soothe my pathetic ego"

I'm in a great mood, why do you ask?

no one notices me either ;(

I dont think post-count matters at all on how noticable anyone is. I associate everyone by the avatar, name, and the type of posts they make.

Except for Stern, that mother****er must post 24/7 (for you newfags, he got his postcount reseted in a major meltdown that rocked the very foundation of this site)

I still have some screencaps of that. 8 identical threads from 6 years ago... Horrible. I think it's still affecting us with some of those poll teleports.

I dont remember anybody who wasn't in BHC's list. Including BHC. Who is that guy?

I dont remember anybody who wasn't in BHC's list. Including BHC. Who is that guy?
Dogs are supposed to have ridiculously good long term memory for recognizing people. You're not really a dog! You're not a dog at all!

I read that as "respond to my compliment digging by telling me I'm not a nobody and soothe my pathetic ego"

I'm in a great mood, why do you ask?

no one notices me either ;(

It's okay, KA. I notice you on a daily basis.

Yeah, this thread makes me realise that I lurk too much. You people just make me feel all overwrought when I'm trying to post that nothing comes out witty :(

Not like I don't enjoy it, though!

but then...that must mean...

ITS A CONSPIRACY, KRYNN ISNT A DOG

GET THE WORD OUT, THE BLUFF HAS BEEN EXPOSED

:O

Maybe if this post is witty enough someone will love me.

Nah.

This is one of the two sites that I visit the forum of with regularity, I like all of you.

Especially Willie, he's sexy. :cool:

Allow me to use this thread to ask, does anyone know what Sea's up to nowadays? He hasn't posted in a while, and I'm downright worried that he may have...well, done what he talked about in all his posts.

Back