When will HL3 be released? Your chance to win the game!

planetphillip

Hunter
Reaction score
We are all curious about the release date. Don't deny it.

So, let's a little bit of fun with it.

Select a date and if the game gets released on that date, I'll buy you the game.

Just email your Steam name and your chosen date to [email protected] and I will add it to the list.

The sooner you email me, the more choice you have.

One entry and date per person. Actual date of release is what counts.

See the project page: http://www.planetphillip.com/projects/hl3when/index.html

Page design and layout liable to change.

I'll bite. Probably wouldn't have bothered if it was any other website doing it.

The one flaw I see with this is you stopped at the end of 2012, you'll need to add a few more years of dates on to that site to be safe.

I decided to just do each year as it comes. Kind of have more sense of the dramatic that way.

But what if you vote never and it never comes out? *Paradox*

So you want people to e-mail you with the exact date they think Episode 3/HL3 will be released, rather than just posting dates and steamIDs in this thread? What's the purpose of that?

Furthermore, there are 365 days in the year. Assuming the-next-HL-with-a-3-in-the-title will be released next year (it won't), the odds of picking the exact date are pretty crap. Maybe if everyone on HL2.net picked a single day and went down the line, someone would win, but I don't think there are even 365 people left on this forum.

September 30, 2012.

So you want people to e-mail you with the exact date they think Episode 3/HL3 will be released, rather than just posting dates and steamIDs in this thread? What's the purpose of that?
Because it's probably easier to manage a list of tagged emails than checking a thread full of discussion? And there are probably other forums that he posted this in?

Furthermore, there are 365 days in the year. Assuming the-next-HL-with-a-3-in-the-title will be released next year (it won't), the odds of picking the exact date are pretty crap.
Not when each person picking a date removes that date from the pool.

Maybe if everyone on HL2.net picked a single day and went down the line, someone would win, but I don't think there are even 365 people left on this forum.
Again, what makes you think HL2.net is the only forum participating?

Furthermore, there are 365 days in the year. Assuming the-next-HL-with-a-3-in-the-title will be released next year (it won't), the odds of picking the exact date are pretty crap. Maybe if everyone on HL2.net picked a single day and went down the line, someone would win, but I don't think there are even 365 people left on this forum.

September 30, 2012.

Thank you for your enthusiasm and support of the idea.

The reason people are suppsoed to email me their date is because the world doesn't revolve around this forum. I have posted the details on many places and to make administration as simple as possible, I chose the email method.

Yes, the odds of picking the exact date are low but this is more for fun than for material gain.

Just to let people know, if you post a date on this or any forum I will not be including it. You MUST email it to me.

Happy New Year.

You must email me your name and date. I will NOT be adding dates posted in any forum.

^ :LOL:

I sent one in. C'mon July 3rd!

Oh you mean you just attacked the thread idea based on your assumption?
About the same as you defending it on assumption, until he clarified. Besides, don't get your panties in a twist, I wasn't ATTACKING the idea. It's a pretty long way from asking what the point of e-mailing vs. posting in a forum is, and saying that odds are crap, to blasting the idea entirely.

About the same as you defending it on assumption, until he clarified.
First of all, that's totally not the same. I wasn't defending the idea, I was rebuking you for [strike]attacking it[/strike] being a penis-face on an assumption. And I wasn't operating under assumption, either. It was pretty damn obvious to begin with anyway.

When someone makes a negative remark about something based on an assumption, that doesn't mean that the people rebuking him are assuming the opposite thing.

And just to clarify why I think you were out of line, just look at this thread. Guy comes to us offering to buy a game for you, for guessing the date of it. It's innocent fun and totally a cool thing. But no, you have to come in here and just criticize the idea. "Pff, like anyone's going to guess the date! There aren't even 365 people here!" Seriously? That's called being a dick. And I know a thing or two about being a dick.

Oh man, someone offered to buy a presumably $50 game (that's never coming out lololol) based on the off chance you guess a 1-in-365 number! That's so totally rad and awesome that Darkside's a dick for pointing out the odds and I'm going to cross my arms and hmph and tell him he's attacking this poor, helpless guy! JUST WHERE DOES HE GET OFF

Also, lol:

And I know a thing or two about being a dick.
Perhaps I've been away too long. You seem to have forgotten what it looks like when I'm actually being a dick.

Oh man, someone offered to buy a presumably $50 game (that's never coming out lololol) based on the off chance you guess a 1-in-365 number!

So basically, presuming the game comes out in 2012*, he only needs to attract 365 people (and less by the day) in order to guarantee he'll have to buy it for one of them. Wow what a scam!!!

* it won't. :v

I didn't call it a scam. I just said it was bad odds for HL2.net alone. Now that he's confirmed it's not for HL2.net alone, it's fine, right? You're not winning it anyway.

Damn, looks like everybody here got sandy or something. Or it's Defend the Newbie day and I wasn't told. Do I get a special defense force all my own if I put up $50 for a game too, guys?!

I don't have an E-Mail address. I don't even have the internet. Every post I make on this forum is etched into a piece of wood with sharp stones and given to a nice lady who types them up and posts them for me when she has time. She then writes down the replies and sends them back.

You must email me your name and date. I will NOT be adding dates posted in any forum.

Sorry, my magnifying glass seems to be malfunctioning. Any chance you could make that bigger?

I'm going to say October 16th, may as well take a guess even though it won't be released this millenia.

Back