Which country makes the best beer?

The foreign beers that I've tried I don't care for. German, Mexican and Japanese, among others.

I like American beer, but admittedly, I have tried only a handful of foreign beers.

Belgium, maybe. Kinda depends just what you're drinking.

I can say that the best county to drink beer in is probably the US. Theres a good chance that someone sells what you want reasonably close to you, no matter what it is.

You guys haven't had beer until you've had ancient Egyptian beer.

This thread was made in 07.

You're all a bunch of morons. But not really.

If you're judging it by the amount of binge drinking and deaths as a result of drunk driving, then New Zealand would be right up there.

But I guess that'd be like saying we make the best rope and razor blades because we have one of the highest teen suicide rates in the developed world. GO KIWI!

If I mention Foster's in a conversation to an Australian, they always say that it's rank and they can't believe that the Brits are such suckers to drink it.

In fact I'm wearing an T-Shirt now promoting the best Australian beers and I don't see Foster's on it.

yeah id agree with that. im pretty sure i read that Fosters is only brewed in the UK and that most Aussies havnt even heard of it, and that its just branded as an Australian beer over here... cos thats supposed to make it more credible or something <shrugs>

One of my favorites was a polish beer, don't remember it's name thou. A shame.

yeah id agree with that. im pretty sure i read that Fosters is only brewed in the UK and that most Aussies havnt even heard of it, and that its just branded as an Australian beer over here... cos thats supposed to make it more credible or something <shrugs>

are you calling crocodile dundee a liar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_AmlG11cWg&feature=related

Put another shrimp on the barbee, mate.

spain makes excellent beer (el aguila negra, estrella de galacia) but so does jamiaca, canada, even mexico and the US has fairly good beer. I think only a professional conniseur would be able to pick out the best of the best

This fails. You guys should put necromancy in the rules section.

also.. I would assume the Irish?
I have no interest in drinks.
/stereotype

I <3 buddweiser

I'm too poor to drink anything else :p

I will say though, that Heineken tastes like everclear and piss. Seriously, the party kids here heil it as the king of alcohol, and I have no idea why...

Mickey's tastes like watered down everclear and piss.

My motto is give me enough of it for cheap and if I can make it past 4 without chucking, I don't give a shit :/

When you come from the country who has the most drinking youth in the world there is a lot of presure on you. You know? people expect you to know every frieking thing about alcohol! and well yes I do but still!!

(Im from Denmark by the way)

I would have to say that the very best beer is from my sweet homecountry. And no its not Carlsberg or Tuborg, which are the most common here. The best have to be from a "little" city called Odense, and the beer is called ,Fuglsang, and have a great dark taste!

My experience in Ireland is that they have a surprisingly poor selection of beers in most places, despite the fact they are one of the heaviest drinking countries in the world.

In England, even pretty modest pubs tend to have a guest ale on pump to add variety (and most of the time they're palatable at worst, delicious at best). In Ireland I had to go a long, long way to find a pub that offered anything more interesting than Guinness, with even Beamish and Murphy's being scarce in comparison. As lowest common denominator's go, though, you can do a lot worse than Guinness.

UK is probably my favourite for beers. You can't beat a good pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord, although it should be said that good beer is getting harder and harder to find...

And although I've badmouthed Ireland a bit here, I should mention that my 2 most recent favourite beer-ey discoveries were Irish. One was a beautiful pale ale called Galway Hooker which I would jump at the chance to drink again. Another was a stout called Plain Porter - the only place you can buy it is at a place called the Porterhouse, which has branches in Dublin and in Covent Garden, London. If any beer lover is in either Dublin or London, you have to check that place out - all of their stuff is brewed close by and tastes awesome, although the oyster beer (brewed with live oysters, siriasly) was a bit too fishy for my tastes when I had it.

haha, i wouldnt dare... besides, im sure Mick drinks XXXX, which i do actually approve of.:cheers:

for the record, i actually quite like Sol, you know, in a sort of watered-down way. Although i cant stand Corona despite most people probably thinking they taste the same. They bloody dont!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_AmlG11cWg&feature=related

Put another shrimp on the barbee, mate.

spain makes excellent beer (el aguila negra, estrella de galacia) but so does jamiaca, canada, even mexico and the US has fairly good beer. I think only a professional conniseur would be able to pick out the best of the best

...Is it just me, or does the guy that talks to Dundee when he sits down look like G.W.?

I don't like anything that's bitter, so I don't like any beer.

haha, i wouldnt dare

ya you might have to play the "you call that a knife" game

... besides, im sure Mick drinks XXXX, which i do actually approve of.:cheers:

for the record, i actually quite like Sol, you know, in a sort of watered-down way. Although i cant stand Corona despite most people probably thinking they taste the same. They bloody dont!

agreed ..oh and bartenders of the world: dont put a freakin lime in my sol/corona ffs if I wanted a lime I'd ask for it

I don't like anything that's bitter, so I don't like any beer.

stay away from unmarried over 30 chicks

Britain if you want proper ale

oops just noticed i already posted in this thread.

I just heard that Anheuser Busch was bought out by some Belgium company, which means you brits can no longer bash "USA's" Budweiser for tasting shitty. ;)

You know what that means also? USA no longer has no other commerce other than hookers and whatever's left in Silicon Valley. :p Used to be only, "beer and hookers". Sheesh, she's selling herself out to everyone. Like a "CHEAP HOOKER"! and now her beer. /facepalm

Australia.
Victoria%20Bitter%20-direkt%20nach%20Haake%20Beck!.jpg

**** off.
No.
You're wrong Ireland.
Sorry Germany.
No Britain.

Australia wins now everyone can **** off. End of thread.

**** off goodbye.

I don't like lager, so Belgium for the wheat/white/blonde beers and UK for the ale.

Also, if you ever see a ginger ale on tap in a pub, try a pint, it's the best!!

Back