wikileaks founder charged with...rape?

Jerry_111

Reaction score
We were warned to expect "dirty tricks". Now we have the first one:

http://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/21731247584

Er... If this is really the CIA at work (they had deemed him a security risk), then they really ought to change up their playbook a bit. It's like we're in the 50's.

edit: bbc source

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-11047025

Swedish authorities say they have issued an arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, on accusations of rape and molestation.

The warrant was issued late on Friday, said Karin Rosander, communications head at Sweden's prosecutors' office.

Swedish police have been trying to contact Mr Assange, but have not yet been able to, she told the BBC.

Wikileaks, criticised for leaking Afghan war documents, quoted him saying the charges were "without basis".

Continue reading the main story
Related stories
What is Wikileaks?
The message, which appeared on Twitter and was attributed directly to Mr Assange, said the appearance of the allegations "at this moment is deeply disturbing".

In a series of other messages posted on the Wikileaks Twitter feed, the whistle-blowing website said: "No-one here has been contacted by Swedish police", and that it had been warned to expect "dirty tricks".

More documents due

Last month, Wikileaks published more than 90,000 secret US military documents on the war in Afghanistan.

US authorities criticised the leak, saying it could put the lives of coalition soldiers and Afghans, especially informers, at risk.

Mr Assange has said that Wikileaks is intending to release a further 15,000 documents in the coming weeks.

Ms Rosander said there were two separate allegations against Mr Assange, one of rape and the other of molestation.

She gave no details of the accusations. She said that as far as she knew they related to alleged incidents that took place in Sweden.

Media reports say Mr Assange was in Sweden last week to talk about his work and defend the decision by Wikileaks to publish the Afghan war logs.

The allegations were first reported in the Swedish newspaper Expressen.

See, I knew he was an asshole.

See now, getting him charged with rape, doesn't sound like the CIA's style. Arranging an unfortunate "accident" however, does.

See now, getting him charged with rape, doesn't sound like the CIA's style. Arranging an unfortunate "accident" however, does.

Maybe thats what happened. Maybe they found some woman with a really loose vag, had her sneak into the guy's house, grease up the bathroom floor while he was in the shower, and then lay down spread eagle waiting for him to step out. Bam, instant accidental rape.

Probable that it's a setup. You're on the top-watch list of intelligence agencies all across the globe, you visit a foreign country for an important meeting, and then you go out and rape two women... who happen to know each other, and also refuse to press charges?

And the most important effect is that even if he gets acquitted, newspapers will now always have in the title: "Wikileaks, organization headed by accused rapist Assange" etc etc. It's an attempt to discredit the head of wikileaks and thus public trust of the info that wikileaks puts out.

And the most important effect is that even if he gets acquitted, newspapers will now always have in the title: "Wikileaks, organization headed by accused rapist Assange" etc etc. It's an attempt to discredit the head of wikileaks and thus public trust of the info that wikileaks puts out.

True, however to really ruin this guy's life they should've had him accused of being a pedophile...

Jerry, you are aware Wikileaks is hosted in Sweden right?

And that Julian Assange has been hired to do a regular column for one of Sweden's biggest newspapers called Aftonbladet?

So Sweden is really more than just a "foreign country" for him and his organization.

Probable that it's a setup. You're on the top-watch list of intelligence agencies all across the globe, you visit a foreign country for an important meeting, and then you go out and rape two women... who happen to know each other, and also refuse to press charges?

Or you know, Wikileaks is being led by a rapist as accused by the good folks of Swedish Law Enforcement.

Conspiracies, lol.

Couldn't be more obvious this is a smear campaign in response to the leaked Afghan war documents. Plain ridiculous.

By the way 15357, you may think that your loyalty will see you good in life, but you're just a [STRIKE]number[/STRIKE] numbers to them.

Oh come on, you can't possibly believe that Sweden's police are now taking orders from the CIA or various other intelligence agencies. It might be an affront to swedish law enforcement agencies to suggest that.

All glory to the CIA and the Holy American Empire!

Alright, I'll reserve judgment on whether he is a rapist or not after his conviction. Or acquittal.

Damn it.

Well, I can still call him a "ex-accused rapist" because that actually is true.

Well...there is a lesson in life there for you numbers! Don't believe everything you're told.

The CIA knew we were on to them... so they dropped the charges.

Clever girl...

Sweden is full of corrupt officials, believe it.

What nation isn't?

Personally, I reckon this might just be an attention-craving woman who decided she'd take a shot at getting famous, we have tons of them here in Sweden, we call most of them bloggers.

Edit: Aftonbladet reports on its main page that Assange is still a suspect in the case but the District Attorney or whatever Chefsåklagare is in English has decided there's not enough proof to warrant an arrest.

Aren't you guys worried that the CIA will just kill him instead now? Or are we past the CIA conspiracy thing?

Also, they told me he was a rapist, so I believed them! Now they're telling me that he isn't, and now I'm confused. My mind can't change that quickly, rather, my mind is better at solidifying stuff. "Reality Control" isn't one of my specialties. Oh for gods sake, I'm pretty sure there are thousands more people like me who think he's a rapist, because they didn't read the follow-ups.

I think... I think I'm going to go to sleep now. That will make things better.

Aren't you guys worried that the CIA will just kill him instead now? Or are we past the CIA conspiracy thing?

Also, they told me he was a rapist, so I believed them! Now they're telling me that he isn't, and now I'm confused. My mind can't change that quickly, rather, my mind is better at solidifying stuff. "Reality Control" isn't one of my specialties. Oh for gods sake, I'm pretty sure there are thousands more people like me who think he's a rapist, because they didn't read the follow-ups.

I think... I think I'm going to go to sleep now. That will make things better.

It's ok, what people think is generally inconsequential.

Oh come on, you can't possibly believe that Sweden's police are now taking orders from the CIA or various other intelligence agencies. It might be an affront to swedish law enforcement agencies to suggest that.

Watch "Please Pirate This Movie". Sweden is willing to bend itself over to get ****ed in the ass by the US all the time, like they did when they were pressured to raid the piratebay servers, even though they didnt do ANYTHING illegal according to Swedish law.

EDIT:

Hes no longer a suspect anymore. Just copy into an online translator, im too lazy to translate it for you guys.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7651572.ab

You know, I can't find the 10 bucks I had in my wallet just this morning. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Julian Assange stole it.

The reason that a warrant was so quickly made was, according to official sources, that they were afraid that he might leave the country before they could question him. It being sexually related charges made the matter worse. But yeah, it's not impossible that they were pressured by the CIA etc. to act, impossible to say at this point.

Oh, I just found that 10 bucks. Nevermind about those charges of theft I mentioned before. I just had to accuse him of it because I was afraid he might leave the country before I could verify that he was indeed the criminal I made him out to be.

Julian Assange, founder of Wikileaks and previously accused rapist, told reporters at a press conference that new files

smear campaign successful

Pretty much. Seemed like that from the very beginning.

I heard Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990.

sweden is considered the rape capital of europe isnt?

Smuggler told me that they were hiding bum's in the sewers and experimenting on them! why has no one done anything about this!

If it wasn't, it certainly is now...

Just kidding jerry :D

Wiki-Wiki-Wikipedia s0n said:
American Police Force ("APF"), and under its new name American Private Police Force, is a private military company. Its legitimacy to operate in the United States is unclear.[1] The company's previous logo was an exact copy of the Serbian state coat of arms which caused some controversy and resulted in the Serbian government threatening legal action against APF if it did not remove or change the logo.

In September 2009, US government contract databases showed no record of the company, while security industry representatives and federal officials said they had never heard of it.[1]

APF was registered as a corporation in California by Michael Hilton on 2 March 2009.[2] However, the company does not have a business license to operate in California or Montana[citation needed]. Hilton was also discovered to have an extensive criminal history.[3][4][5]

On October 5, 2009, XE (formerly Blackwater) denied being affiliated with APF.[6]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Police_Force

http://www.americanpolicegroup.com/ [No longer exists. Funny, that.]

I used to be able to visit the official website (I remember VirusType2 saying "lol dual pistols" when viewing the webpage himself) but it seems to have just somehow miraculously dissapeared.

If you watch the documentary "Police State 4: The Rise of FEMA", however, you'll find quite a bit of evidence about their existence.

When I heard about it on the radio briefly I immediately thought that it's most likely bullshit.

This guy should go on a murderous rampage and start selling drugs to make millions because no matter what he does, its all a smear campaign by the CIA.

Except a) the CIA has many good reasons to execute a smear campaign on the figurehead of an agency that exists as the CIA's antithesis, and b) smearing someone with false murder and drug trafficking charges is about a thousand times more difficult than smearing someone with false rape charges.

But then again, we all know it's so much easier to place a tin foil hat on your opponent and mock him, than it is to pay more than lip service to opinions that aren't yours.

But then again, we all know it's so much easier to place a tin foil hat on your opponent and mock him, than it is to pay more than lip service to opinions that aren't yours.

Couldn't put it better myself.

sweden is considered the rape capital of europe isnt?

Well, the only statistics of rape in Sweden I've been able to find have been charges FILED, not convictions etc.

One can easily argue that Sweden has a culture where women feel more safe to file charges, versus other nations.

If you understand, when it comes to statistics regarding crime charges per capita it's very hard to know if it's because of a higher crime rate than other nations or if it's simply because more women dare file charges against rape in said nation.

I know Japan for example is considered to have an ultra-high 'shadow number' rape-wise, as in women that are raped that never contact police, due to the shame and honor culture still having a strong grip there(as indicated by the high amount of students that commit suicide due to bad school grades for example.)

But yes, the last statistics I saw were for rape charges filed and it was from 2002, and in that case Sweden had one of the highest in Europe, alongside the UK and Iceland(Of all places lol).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Police_Force

http://www.americanpolicegroup.com/ [No longer exists. Funny, that.]

I used to be able to visit the official website (I remember VirusType2 saying "lol dual pistols" when viewing the webpage himself) but it seems to have just somehow miraculously dissapeared.

If you watch the documentary "Police State 4: The Rise of FEMA", however, you'll find quite a bit of evidence about their existence.

While I think that's an interesting find, I don't see what it has to do with the issue at hand.

But then again, we all know it's so much easier to place a tin foil hat on your opponent and mock him,

Yes, like we do with Kathaksung. But we can't do that to Assange, because somehow he has gained the respect of too many impressionable people.

than it is to pay more than lip service to opinions that aren't yours.

ERROR 938: Cannot comprehend statement. Please clarify.

what if is a woman who dont like him and after seeing his fame she wanted to gain from it so she went whit the rape acussation?

Back