Wolfenstein consolized!!!

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
so much for platform loyalty id

Id's Kevin Cloud said in an interview that the company and Raven (who has already collaborated on Quake 4) "are working together to take advantage of all the graphic capabilities that the Xbox 360 has to offer, and what we're doing with Wolfenstein is creating this one, large empire that is seamlessly loaded to the player as he explores his world."

This will mark the first time that Id will develop a Wolfenstein away from the PC, but developer John Carmack is keen to put gamers at ease, claiming that "the Xbox 360 is the first console that I've ever worked with that actually has development tools that are better for games than what we've got for the PC."

so pc gamers will get a port of a console game that started as a pc game months after the console version of what is essentially a pc game is released

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=149299&skip=yes

I don't mind them releasing oldskool titles having tinkered with them a bit. I have Doom co-op games over Xbox Live on my 360 - they're real fun. Who cares about graphics? Sometimes you just want to play old games - and I like the way the old software intertwines with the new - For example, having a completely wireless voice chat with 3 other players in the game, whilst blasting imps, cyberdemons, etc. etc. (wirelessly, of course).

I want to see some updated versions of the real classics like Rainbow Islands / Bubble Bobble etc. though :)

John Carmack is keen to put gamers at ease, claiming that "the Xbox 360 is the first console that I've ever worked with that actually has development tools that are better for games than what we've got for the PC."

STFU CARMACK

I don't mind them releasing oldskool titles having tinkered with them a bit. I have Doom co-op games over Xbox Live on my 360 - they're real fun. Who cares about graphics? Sometimes you just want to play old games - and I like the way the old software intertwines with the new - For example, having a completely wireless voice chat with 3 other players in the game, whilst blasting imps, cyberdemons, etc. etc. (wirelessly, of course).

I want to see some updated versions of the real classics like Rainbow Islands / Bubble Bobble etc. though :)

this isnt a porting of a old school game ..it's a new Wolfenstein game using the doom3 engine on the 360

this isnt a porting of a old school game ..it's a new Wolfenstein game using the doom3 engine on the 360
Oh right my mistake, I thought it was referring to another internet newsflash that ID are releasing more oldskool titles to Xbox Live Arcade.

Well, you can bet the new Wolfenstein will be great :) I loved the old RTCW, it was sort of like a graphical revolution on my old PC, when I first got it. Plus you just can't beat killing nazi's. YEAH, YOU'D BETTER SCHNELL, BEOTCH!

The withered and nearly dead part of me that was once a pc gamer feels a little sad at this news - rtcw was the best thing to ever happen to pc gaming imo. An untouched multiplayer experience and the best clan game there has been.

The rest of me can't wait, woohoo \o/

Tools better than available for the PC? I find that incredibly hard to believe. His company was probably paid by microsoft a good sum to say that.:hmph:

Meh. Hopefully a good game will be coming out regardless of what platform it's on. It's not like id owes some debt to the PC gaming community.

Besides, I was under the impression that a lot of people here couldn't care because, y'know, "LOL DOOD, ID JUST MAKES TECH DEMOS NOT GAMES, HL2 FTW".

rtcw was all about multiplayer ..the single player was completely forgettable .. I've yet to play a game that was as much fun, as intense, as strategic and as team focused as rtcw was

Tools better than available for the PC? I find that incredibly hard to believe. His company was probably paid by microsoft a good sum to say that.:hmph:

He's just buttsick because HL2 pwned his pantalones back to China.

I want someone to firebomb stup-iD studios and those fags at Raven too.

So that's why the screenshots I've seen has the main character dressed in pink.

A little fact refresher here. The next Wolfenstein is coming out on the Xbox 360 and PC at the same time. We knew this since, uh let's see...a year ago. All that info came from last years X05 event...so obviously they focused on the Xbox 360.

Raziaar said:

Uh, who do you think makes the PC dev tools? :rolleyes:

The reason the development process is better on the 360, is because it's a static system which doesn't break WIP code because of new drivers, updates, ect. It's also easier to split up threads for multiple cores and then merge them back together to run on a single CPU on a PC.

Uriel said:
He's just buttsick because HL2 pwned his pantalones back to China.

Yeah, real pwnage...so much so I can't play Dark Messiah, because it keeps "pwning" itself while loading a level. :hmph:

Dark Messiah isn't HL2.

I want someone to firebomb stup-iD studios and those fags at Raven too.

watermark.php

ya that's the part of you I hateHATEHATE ;)

Help me Stern. He's asleep now, but not for much longer. He makes me play Mario all day. ALL DAY! Oh no, pls, pls, not again ....

10p says id add vehicles, make the maps huge, and ruin what made rtcw work in the first place.

so pc gamers will get a port of a console game that started as a pc game months after the console version of what is essentially a pc game is released

Your logic sense make not D:

Help me Stern. He's asleep now, but not for much longer. He makes me play Mario all day. ALL DAY! Oh no, pls, pls, not again ....

:O dear god man we need 100CCs of pc gaming goodness stat!!! (I hear QW: ET is pc exclusive :naughty: )

10p says id add vehicles, make the maps huge, and ruin what made rtcw work in the first place.

nooooooo!!!!! ..oh wait you mean like Quake wars ..silly me /me sobs uncontrollably

heh :)

I think Quake Wars actually looks pretty good at the mo. My friend is testing for Splash Damage untill March (they're only 10 mins from my flat) and is having a great time. The introduction of vehicles doesn't seem like such a huge departure for ET - it was going that way anyways. He's a big RTCW and ET fan (we clanned for 5 years) and knows his Wolf :)

If I wasn't moving flat this Christmas i'd be working with him :/ Hours are 11 till 8 and you play Quake Wars all day!

heh :)

I think Quake Wars actually looks pretty good at the mo. My friend is testing for Splash Damage untill March (they're only 10 mins from my flat) and is having a great time. The introduction of vehicles doesn't seem like such a huge departure for ET - it was going that way anyways. He's a big RTCW and ET fan (we clanned for 5 years) and knows his Wolf :)

If I wasn't moving flat this Christmas i'd be working with him :/ Hours are 11 till 8 and you play Quake Wars all day!

dear god man why arent you playing? besides getting to play it's good work experience and a good foot in the door to the industry (if that's your goal) ...I'd at least ask for a play test ..i've been following QW since splash damage first announced they were working on a sequel soon after ET was released ..I have faith in splash damage, I'm hoping they dont disappoint ...still part of me wishes for that same infantry done right that rtcw and rtcw: et brought to gaming

Trust me, i'd rather be working there than in my current job. They needed testers till March, though, and that wasn't possible. As fate would have it, we're moving near my brother and a job testing for Creative Assembly isn't out of the question.

while not splash damage (are Creative Assembly making a ET game I'm unaware of ;) ) it's still a wise decision ..good luck :)

Back