Worst game(s) you ever paid good money for?

Oh, yeah, it was horrible. Made no sense, was poorly written, and just sucked the big one. I ****ing rofled hard when I learnt the character I was playing was working for the bad guys all along.

I rofled at the boss fight before that, myself.

I HAS A VIRUS, SO I CAN DRAW ULTIMATE POWAR FROM GENERATOR THINGS. :LOL:

Oh, and the way the shroud assassin treats it as if this virus was "The Force", saying how you're powerful but inexperienced and shit.

I rofled at the boss fight before that, myself.
I HAS A VIRUS, SO I CAN DRAW ULTIMATE POWAR FROM GENERATOR THINGS. :LOL:

That didn't even make ****ing sense. Mason had the virus, and so did the woman, so why didn't they draw power from those generators? Why did the bad black guy have a shield thing? What the **** were those generators...why were they there? What did they do? It's a ****ing Dam. It has nothing to do with the virus. Also, "Escape from the bad guy." So you spend the level escaping, but somehow bump into him in his chamber anyway.

Wow. I hate Pariah. I could tear it about fifty assholes.

This talk of Pariah has reminded me of Unreal 2. Bought cheap under the assumption it really can't be that bad - after all, the original was a fps great - yet was horribly wrong. Total shite.
Oddly enough, I rather liked Unreal 2 (it seems that everyone on this forums wants it to die a horrible and painful death). Maybe the story wasn't incredible, but SURELY that was corrected by your briefer's gigantic cleavage?

This talk of Pariah has reminded me of Unreal 2. Bought cheap under the assumption it really can't be that bad - after all, the original was a fps great - yet was horribly wrong. Total shite.

I remember PC ZONE giving it 95%, lulling me into a false sense of hope.

I avoid magazines like the plague now. >.<

That Matrix game for the PS2, what was it called?

Maelstrom springs to mind, will need to check my collection because I have quite a few shit games that I played good money for.

Doom 3 ("It's the game that never ends, it goes on and on my friend! People started playing it not knowing what it wassss! PEople started playing it for ever just because . . . ")
World of Warcraft (The real price? Your soul!)
Oblivion (the game that never was)
Thief 3 / Deus Ex 2 (same game, just awful, and WTF at the level design?)
Halo PC (I only paid $5)

Hmm... even though I enjoyed a good portion of my time on it, I'm gonna have to say WoW too, just for the sheer cost of it when it all adds up. I've actually been meaning to calculate just how much money I've put into it, but I know it's gonna make me wanna confiscate my own balls.

Hmm... even though I enjoyed a good portion of my time on it, I'm gonna have to say WoW too, just for the sheer cost of it when it all adds up. I've actually been meaning to calculate just how much money I've put into it, but I know it's gonna make me wanna confiscate my own balls.

It's not the money that's scary - it's the time put in. I stopped checking /played months and months ago as it was too disturbing. I guess the same could be said about most people and watching the tv, but still, it's not healthy to spend this long playing any game.

For the Horde!! ahem. I don't miss it. Really :/

Unreal 2 - craaaap storyline, characters, graphics and AI.
Freelancer - craaaap storyline, characters, graphics and AI.
Chrome - craaaap storyline, characters, graphics and AI.
Gothic 3 - didn't work. still doesn't work. will never work.

Chrome I actually got refunded at PC World. The other 3 I gave away.

Counter-Strike Source
... Because you suck at it :).

Uhm for me it would probably be Quake 3 for the Ps2. I honestly don't know that the hell I was doing but really. GAH. No keyboard/mouse support either that UT has at least.

@ Phantom. I know loads of people hate Deus Ex 2, but I actually liked it better than Deus Ex 1. that's just my opinion though.

It's not the money that's scary - it's the time put in. I stopped checking /played months and months ago as it was too disturbing. I guess the same could be said about most people and watching the tv, but still, it's not healthy to spend this long playing any game.

For the Horde!! ahem. I don't miss it. Really :/
The money doesn't bother me THAT much; it's the time. I forced myself to quit, 18 months later came back thinking "I can play this casually," I was wrong, quit again.

The interesting thing about playing it a SECOND time is I was reminded of all the OTHER reason I quit (other than time & money) . . . instances, no customization (of playstyle, character, class, spec, or gear in the END), endless nerfs, how all your endless grinding to 70 so you can FINALLY play the game is really so pointless, the thought of leveling the class(es) you REALLY wanted to play to 70, etc, etc.

I did kind of miss it for the first week, but then I started to wake up and see all the crap that needed to be cleaned up, things I was procrastinating, etc (including my Appartment, lol, which is VERY CLEAN now). After a while you lose sight of the real reason you quit, but don't go back . . . it will be the same cycle eventually, it catches up to you (I avoided it till around level 63 suprisingly enough, it's unavoidable at 70)

@ Phantom. I know loads of people hate Deus Ex 2, but I actually liked it better than Deus Ex 1. that's just my opinion though.
^Agree with reason why he probably hates CS

I thought the level design of DeusEx 2 was the worst part; it's sooo...WRONG, not completely sure how to describe it, but the proportions are so wrong and the game feels just (sorry for using this word) icky! Thief 3 was EXACTLY the same way (probably because it was made by the same studio a the same time)

OH NO YOU DIDNT, NO YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT!

Uhm for me it would probably be Quake 3 for the Ps2. I honestly don't know that the hell I was doing but really. GAH. No keyboard/mouse support either that UT has at least.
beacause you suck at it :D

CSS is still pretty crap for me, I play it from time to time (45min every month) but that`s about it.

I would have to say Halo. I bought it in the attempt to give it a chance. Got about...1/4 through the game before I was so bored I was about to dig out my own eyeballs...so I uninstalled, threw the box somewhere, gave up on Halo forever.

Unreal 2 - craaaap storyline, characters, graphics and AI.

Unreal 2 crap graphics?

Freelancer - craaaap storyline, characters, graphics and AI.

Storyline was so so, characters where alright, graphics where pretty good for a space game and hey the game play was fun. Still an active internet community somewhere.

Chrome - craaaap storyline, characters, graphics and AI.

What is it with you and crap graphics? The rest I agree with, although I liked the level editor and it's hax way of filling a level with vegetation.

Gothic 3 - didn't work. still doesn't work. will never work.

Buy a new computer, I'm deadly serious. If you can't get it working there is something horribly wrong with your system. As far as Gothic games go it's very nice and all the towns to visit are great.

If I have ever bought any bad games, there's probably a good reason why I can't remember them. :|

Brothers In Arms: Road To Hill 30 on PC

**** this game sucked, the reviews for it were great, but after finishing it i felt it was arguably one of the most overrated games ever.

Yeah it wasn't really that great tbh, I got a bit from the end but gave up. The graphics really iritated me.

Right now the steam version of Thief 3. All it has done so far is crash my computer.

I'd say Big Rigs.

But I bought that after knowing it'd suck :p

What's this talk about Hitman: Silent Assassin being that bad? I'm loving it.

What is it with you and crap graphics?

I'm a designer. I have high expectations.

Buy a new computer

That's always an easy excuse to fall back on when things are rosy for yourself, but is as uninformed as it is ridiculous. Piranha bytes has admitted to releasing a broken product. A new computer to replace my existing rig that runs Oblivion and STALKER just fine and dandy (bugs permitting), is hardly the answer to a broken game. Unless you're buying..? :cheese:

Oh and how could I forget Daikatana...

Oh and how could I forget Daikatana...

I was going to mention that, but in the end I went against my usual code of conduct and pirated it. Daikatana was a game I had to experience yet couldn't bring myself to pay good money for.

Enter the Matrix

Pre-ordered it and all. I think I spent over $60 for it.

The Sims 2.

Oh the days of being addicted to the Sims.../shudder. We've all been there...right?

I actually got it for free when it came out, I never played Sims 1, but with Sims 2 I was addicted (more like just making a neighborhood of crack-heads, with furniture on the lawn, etc.), then I pawned it a few days later. Got a free $20 credit at EB Games with that game! Woo!

I couldn't even finish oblivion it was so boring and frustrating, and not even frustrating in a challening way but frustrating as in how the guards know that I'm stealing stuff when I'm inside a house? I didn't realize we had de-evolved away from x-ray vision since the ye' ole days.

Planetside: Core Combat - What the **** Sony?
Turok - Uh.
GTA 2 - No comment.

Battlefield: Vietnam, the game was so ****ing bugy that my head exploded tbh. It was the same shit as Eve of Destruction for BF1942. :|

When I asked my Uncle for Call of Duty 2 for Christmas of 2005 instead of Half-Life 2, bad mistake.

And "WCW vs. NWO" for the original Playstation. It was $80. Yeah, $80 for the PS1. For some shitty wrestling game. Sigh.

Dude, wtf, that was an awesome game to play (with four other dudes playing with you). But $80 bucks for a game is ridiculous :|

I have bought so many it's hard to tell, but I'll go ahead and say Dino Stalker for now.

Cheap ass Dino Crisis spinoff that requires a light gun to ****ing aim straight. Horrible controls...Felt more like a straight port of a bad arcade light gun.

Worst game I spent money on was probably Unreal 2...although I got it free with some other stuff so I'll say UT2003 just because I got it like a month before UT2004 came out. I don't buy bad games.

Enter the Matrix (though I switched it for C&C Generals the day after)
Stuntbaan racer 2 (don't ask)
Quake 4

Back