Worst injury you have had

I've never broken a major bone like an arm or a leg, but I seriously think I bone a toe playing barefoot soccer. It now bends in ways it shouldn't, and at the time it was excruciating. I've had stitches twice for head injuries for running into things when I was little, and I'd bleed over everything.

One time when I was about 6, I was at the cabin we used to own when we lived in Washington. We had a bonfire going, and I didn't know the ashes around it would be hot, so I tried to grab a couple hand fulls. I have scars in the forms of barely noticeable bumbs on each finger tip.

I also broke my leg skiing when I was 8. I was crying and wincing for days, and everyone thought it was just sprained or something because my leg didn't bruise or swell at all. I had my leg in a cardboard cast thing some dude at the ski resort put on :|. When we actually had it xrayed and confirmed it was broken, my mom was literally sick with a sense of guilt and sadness, staying in bed for a couple days. She was in worse condition than I was with the leg. Course, if I was able to deal with the cardboard thing and then be pretty fine after I went to the doctor, it couldn't have been that bad.

Meh. Snowboarding. Sprained my ankle once in Montana, busted my jaw once here in Alaska. Jaw is still busted. Doctors can't fix it. Sometimes it gets stuck and I can't move it but actually just last week I figured out how to pop it back into place. It's not a big deal now aside from constant popping.

I'm pretty hard to damage. /carbon fiber

--
Oh, forgot I busted my lower back doing karate. The same area was later rebusted while in a painful Judo submission (didn't submit). Hurt real bad and if I lift too much or too often while bending forward something slips and I am pretty much incapacitated. Takes about 3 days to unslip. Lots of yoga.

well, my most sever injuries are not accidents. when I was 13 I got into an insult fight with some tard with a chip on his shoulder. I retorted with something that sent him over the edge and he came at me with a knife. the next thing I know, the guy is on the ground out cold, my left hand hurts, but not as much as my pelvic area. the guy stabbed me in the groin and left a nice 2 1/2 - 3 inch bloody gash. if he had any better aim, I would not have a penis. the reason why my left hand hurt was because I broke all four metacarpal bones when I performed a one hit wonder on the moron. I would post a pic, but I don't know how to shop. the scar looks much bigger now sense it has been about 10 years and still easily spotted. as for other injures, I probably have had a cuncussion or two, but never went to the hospital. I have been hit in the head countless times with soccer balls. been hit in the chest so hard the force has stopped my heart twice. burns on the palm of my left hand from picking up a red hot coal as a kid. had a shard of glass go through my left foot as a kid as well. almost went into shock or whatever from loss of blood when I was in elementary (I was a chronic nose bleeder and was walking home on a hot day when it started, left a nice trail.) other then that, just minor cuts and bruises. now that I come to think of it, I never suffered an injury from fighting with my brothers, and believe me, we used each other to put holes in the wall.

Jnightshade said:
As a result of this, I pop out everywhere.

HOT

Anyways, I fractured my wrist once, busted open my eyelid once, busted open my lip a few times.. and so on. But now things have calmed down a bit :p

my friend had testicular torsion.... worst thing ever....

mine is kinda stupid. i was building a booby trap in a place i found between homes. the platform was made to be loose so that u will fall. so i became the first victim, slipped down and fell face down. i think i got a concussion. next thing i noe, i wake up trying to find my glasses and i see blood everywhere. so i climbed out of the place and went to the swimming pool bathroom. i saw that i cut my left eyebrow so badly and deeply. my mum brought me to the hospital and i had to get surgery to stitch it up. it was like quarter of an inch deep and i got 5 stitches. my left eyebrow was so swollen.

I had a hernia once. Scared me to shit, because the day that I went in to surgery to get my testicle sewn shut, they found out that the hernia had miraculously fixed itself.

Anybody remember the thread I made about the systemic Staph infection I had? Every cut on my body was a puffy, red, pussy mess, and the nurses said to keep an eye on the colour of my urine, because there was a good chance that it'd start eating at my kidney, or that I might have needed to get my leg amputated at the knee.

Also broke my arm once. Me and my friend were skating to Kempo practice once (it's this martial arts thing) back when I was around 11-12 ish, and as I was rounding this wide turn at what felt like around 30 MPH, my board started getting insane speed wobbles, so I jumped off and snatched up my board, and I was moving so fast that my feet couldn't keep up with me, and I went flying across the pavement, and blacked out for a few seconds.

After a second or two lying in the street, I got up, and screamed, "SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" as my friend rounded the same bend and saw me pick up my bag and try to find my board. He said "dude, there's this huge as bulge in my hand", and as I turned to look at my wrist, this huge spike of pain shot up the side of my arm, and I screamed again. I told him "****, I probably sprained it", as he went to go find my board.

He found my board buried into a street light (seriously, the pole was maybe 6 inches inside of the board), pulled it out, and we decided this would be a good excuse to ditch practice, as we both rather hated kempo with a passion.

So we walk back up to my friends house when his mom sees my arm and starts freaking out that it's broken. I keep telling her "i'm fine, i'm fine, it's just sprained". She tells me to clench my hand into a fist, and as I do so, another spike of pain shot up my arm, and I screamed. She called my mom, who panicked, and took me to the emergency room, where they took an on the fly x-ray. I looked at the picture, and half of my arm was sticking straight into the air at a 45 degree angle :p

So they sprayed my arm down with some really cold shit (i'm thinking liquid nitrogen), then injected this shit that numbed my arm, then all of a sudden, the nurse pulls out this huge as twelve gauge needle, rams it into the joint at my elbow, and starts wiggling it all over the place as i'm screaming.

They fix the bone, cast me up, and sent me home. Was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to getting a prescription for some codeine :(

^ epic lulz

Nose broken, collarbone had a hairline fracture, skull fractured

uhh and kneecap was beaten out of place

:(

Not much. I've once been trapped in an igloo I made and didn't get out for an hour. So cold...

I also have multiple scars from stupid knee jerk cats.

Was running around the house when I was 4, and slipped on the kitchen rug. The kitchen floor is slightly lower than the living room floor (5cm maybe?), so when I fell my head hit the edge of the living room floor, then skidded down and bang again. I really can't remember how the injury was like, but apparently there was blood everywhere. Somehow my parents didn't send me to a hospital, but it healed without problems anyway, except that the 'edges' of my foreheads are bent out, like a roundish bump sticking out.

Some sort of injury happened again this year. Was sitting down in class early morning before class started, and there were only a few guys around. Was talking to my friend when out of nowhere comes a broken broom head (a broom without its stick), and maybe with a tinge of irony hit my head. Plus it was the part that screws the stick onto the broom :)|), which was broken and was pointy and sharp. So it hit the area that split open when I was 4, and ZING! Massive bleeding. My whole shirt was stained, had to buy new set of school uniform. 4 stitches. Only felt pain when I first got hit; after that was just numb and felt giddy for a while.

EDIT: Oh and some friend of my bro got his balls kicked, and one of them ruptured. Only one left now.

Worst injury? The aftermath after eating Tacos at Taco Bell with fire sauce. Shit liquid fire all day.

seriously?
I nearly cut my finger off, it was so mangled, it was nearly hanging from the bone. Luckily they sewed it up and it's normal now.

Fell out of the second story and landed on my face.

Foot got melted plastic that was still on fire stuck to it = 3rd degree burns on the bottom of my foot and in between my toes. That's why I say fire would be the worst way to die. It still feels like it's burning for weeks on end. Course you wouldn't be alive that long if you were burned alive. Still.

Getting knocked unconscious a few times...

Sledding down a hill once and hit a tree with my head at like 35 MPH.

See? And I'm perfectly normal.

:|

Hmm ... i've never broken a bone, never had an injury worth mentioning in this thread ... I've fallen out of trees, crashed my bike at high speed, even fallen off a roof or two, but I guess i'm unbreakable.

My head hid a wooden edge when falling back. Another was rolling down wooden, splintered stairs with a bare back. Had to sleep on my belly for the next week.

I broke my keyboard so I'll make this short

Participated in a go-car race, went too fast in acorner, laws of physics pretty much threw me off the car. I land DIRECTLY onto my tailbone, all 50kg + flying forces on it. Imagine someone trying to drive a steel rod through your body and starting on your tailbone and very nearly succeeding; this is how incredibly heavy the blunt, pressing pain was.
Fun fact: While I am screaming my lungs out (I laid immobile for like 10 mins, until friends came to help me, was a big track), some old lady is sitting on the curb a few metres further, going "Yes, that's what happens when you do such reckless things, blablabla, bitch bitch bitch,..."
I really felt like going to her and give her a backhand that would send her a metre flying and yell "SHUT THE F*CK UP AND MAKE ME A SANDWICH, BITCH"

Anywho, I couldn't sit for a week and had big problems at school because sitting for so long was painful. Was like that for about 2.5 months and then the injury gradually wore off. Still, I sometimes get pain jolts if I sit incorrectly.

Dislocated my Patella.

It's not as bad as you think, but it's the worst injury I've had.

Nothing serious really. Splayed my foot once after a bad landing while playing basketball - walking with crutches for a week.

I also remember something that looked really nasty for a while - I grabbed my dog by the collar on his neck (one of those with spikes inside, which makes it uncomfortable for the dog when it pulls the leash too much) at this moment my dog notices something interesting and leaps forward - spike goes into my middle finger, 0,5cm deep and gets dragged forward, ripping a 2,5cm long cut in the finger. Bloody.

This thread gives me cringes every now and then.

FUN!

Oh yeah. This thread fulfils ALL of my cringing needs. And then some!

... *fap*

Alright, i'll start at the beginning. First there was a time when I jumped down a inflated slide (kind of like a moonwalk thing, but a slide) when I accidentally tried to do a flip :)P) and then I landed on a fat dude where my neck hit his side. It wasn't directly on my neck were I would be paralyzed for life, but were it felt as if someone took a bat and just swung on it. I was rushed to the hospital, took the x-rays, nothing came of it, and I was on bed rest for at least a week.

Then there was the time I broke my arm and collarbone. We were playing backyard (American) football. I had the ball and was running trying to get away from the people bigger than me. Well, I went for the stiff arm and my forearm disagreed. The bone shot straight out and was blatantly out of my skin. That's when I decided that it was a good time to fall, and that's where my collarbone disagreed. I got a hairline fracture from that, and while I was lying there I thought to myself (besides the screaming) I think i'm dead. My friends took me to the hospital, got wrapped up and then I went home to unaware parents... let me tell you I considered going back to the hospital.

Fell out of a tree and smashed the back of me head open on the corner of a concerete bench.

Mr. Invinvible talking there ;)

Just heard from my dad, when he was a lad, he was mucking about with mates in a construction yard, and they were shoving each other into massive crates there.

My dad was shoved missed the crate, and sort of 'sat' down on a pile of rubbish, he was laughing apparantly, until he saw his friends faces turn to absulute horror, before he looked at his left leg, only to see a big, thick chunk of metal sticking right throught the bottom, and about 3cm out the top with blood all over it.

He said he didn't feel anything for about a minute, because of the shock of the injury. He was lucky for his leg to survive apparantly. Not only that, but he crashed into an incoming car once top speed on a motorbike, flew over the car and rolled down the hill, only for the bike to land and crush his left leg (when he stands now his leg is all like wonky). Apart from his ****ed up leg, he only had a few cuts and bruises amazingly.

aren't you the guy that eats dirt and worms?
Hole shit, you people have good memory. I said that like two years ago.

Yes I did, it makes you strong. I am, for example, immune to tuberculosis because I ate earth when I was a kid.

Dislocated shoulder, Loosing a kneecap, couple of breaks here n there.

Probably loosing the kneecap, amazingly I didn't loose any function of the knee at all (Yet, age may well catch up on that one).

Shoulder I say cause it still occasionally causes me grief.

One of these quotes doesn't belong.

Aside from my back injury which was caused by a black belt Judo guy who had about 50lbs on me the other things are pretty superficial.

If you consider what happens to other people getting into fights and falling down mountains you will see I do not injur easily.

On the rare occasion I am incapacitated it is because there is an intense shooting pain in my lower back which interestingly only fades when I carry something kinda heavy, standing upright. Bending slightly causes immeasurable grief. Even so, I worked and lifted my way through the last episode of "incapacitation".

Back