WoW Cataclysm

Thanks for the info, looking forward to the changes. I've only played WoW for about a year, I wasn't around for the Lich King Expansion release, but is there any sort of event that'll happen the moment the patch drops? So far I only know of the trembling, and the elemental attacks/raids/quests in some cities.

Thanks for the info, looking forward to the changes. I've only played WoW for about a year, I wasn't around for the Lich King Expansion release, but is there any sort of event that'll happen the moment the patch drops? So far I only know of the trembling, and the elemental attacks/raids/quests in some cities.

That's pretty much it, sadly.
Elemental Attacks....
Maintenance....
New world.

EDIT: If you start Blizz Launcher, the new login screen/cinematic is up. Servers still down for a few hours, but hey.
Spoiler'd for size
11232010084029capture.jpg

You know I can't remember what the launch screen looked like before The Burning Crusade. Also, I forgot to leave my launcher open so the update would download while I was at work... I always do that.

If everything goes well and on schedule, patch will be up at 2:00pm EST.

Maintenance extended two hours.

Feels bad, man.

EDIT: Maintenance extended 4 more hours.

****, should have known they'd extent maintenance this much.

In the meantime, please enjoy this sobering image, in memoriam of a WoW great. ;(

wowscrnshot112310201443.jpg

Also bonus:

wowscrnshot112110010729.jpg

Is that even a little surprsing to you guys? This has happened on every patch of any significance whatsoever for the past six years. I remember one that took well over an entire day to finally start working. More than 24 hours. It's like they don't test them. Of course, the funny thing is, this one wasn't really tested on the test realm. I think they were banking on the fact that it's mostly stuff from cataclysm that's in the beta realms. Seems they're getting to crunch time and they aren't really ready. I guess that's just how things work with MMOs on this scale though.

Well, it's not thursday here 'till tommorow, so oh well.

Also, could someone help out a noob and tell me what the general concept of Tier items are? Also where to get them and what they're useful for.

Just played and Org was awesome! loved the new setup. and now I my portal/teleport sends me to the middle of Org which is sweet. haven't seen thunder bluff yet or any alliance cities but this is looking nice. also i saw new gear sets in Org in the honor building, forget the name. gunna grind me some new gear :D

Also, could someone help out a noob and tell me what the general concept of Tier items are? Also where to get them and what they're useful for.

It's usually (always?) sets of gear (armor, legs, bracers, etc) that drops in high end (usually heroic) dungeons and sometimes raids. It's possible to obtain some of the lower sets (I think) via different emblems. The first level of tier gear (.5) starts around the mid 50's from when the level cap was 60.

It's usually (always?) sets of gear (armor, legs, bracers, etc) that drops in high end (usually heroic) dungeons and sometimes raids. It's possible to obtain some of the lower sets (I think) via different emblems. The first level of tier gear (.5) starts around the mid 50's from when the level cap was 60.

Ah I see, thanks. Do I need them? I'm kinda trying to get PvP items, since I want try out PvP before Cataclysm hits.

I'm still a complete noob when it comes to playing WoW, like I said before I've only played about a year. in that year I loved everything about the game, I have only three characters, the highest level being a lvl 52 Night Elf hunter which I pretty much gave up on. Right now I'm working on my new lvl 29 Human Paladin.

I just wish I could level faster, I guess for me its a little difficult without using some kind of quest guide. Now with the new patch, guides are out the window for a bit, leaving me lost. Any tips & advice would be appreciated on how to get on my way to leveling quicker, and also what kind of stats & gear I should be going for. I'm a Ret Pally, currently using a two-handed axe. I've going been looking around to see what would be the ideal weapon, but still not too sure.

I'm still a complete noob when it comes to playing WoW, like I said before I've only played about a year. in that year I loved everything about the game, I have only three characters, the highest level being a lvl 52 Night Elf hunter which I pretty much gave up on. Right now I'm working on my new lvl 29 Human Paladin.

I just wish I could level faster, I guess for me its a little difficult without using some kind of quest guide. Now with the new patch, guides are out the window for a bit, leaving me lost. Any tips & advice would be appreciated on how to get on my way to leveling quicker, and also what kind of stats & gear I should be going for. I'm a Ret Pally, currently using a two-handed axe. I've going been looking around to see what would be the ideal weapon, but still not too sure.

you can level faster....about 20-30% faster because they made gaining exp a lot faster for lvls 1-79. also if you get a recruit a friend, and are within 4 lvls of eachother its a 1/3 easier to lvl up on top of it all

Troll starting zone is god-tier. Really fun.
Too bad I won't be playing until Saturday, which is when my friend is coming back from vacation to level with me.

Race changes: 25$

I lol'd. Oh well, I guess people will pay it anyway. I want to switch my pally to Tauren but damn.

Loving the new Azeroth, so many neat changes and throwbacks, and the quests are head and shoulders above the old ones in terms of convenience. Made a bit of a picture diary with a pally I rolled on a friend's server, mostly in Eastern Plaguelands since we just cleared the whole place out (the primary chain there is great).

v Shots in spoiler. v

Hitching a ride with Fiona's Caravan.

wowscrnshot112410154708.jpg

Approaching the new and improved Light's Hope Chapel, with Acherus looming ominously overhead.

wowscrnshot112510151914.jpg

Showing off the new epic Pally mount (Draenei and Tauren get their own now, I believe).

wowscrnshot112410225207.jpg

Grouping up for a quest in the Light's Hope catacombs and, ah... whoops! I think this was meant to be done solo. :dork:

wowscrnshot112410225007.jpg

SPEAK UNTO ME GOD. WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE YOUR HUMBLE SERVANT DO.

wowscrnshot112510152943.jpg

Also this happened (it was a bumpy ride).

wowscrnshot112510001133.png

I'm a little excited. I haven't been playing much lately because I've run out of things to do in the game for the most part.

I can't play until the 8th, and I'm off on holiday on the 10th. Gutted.

less than 6 hrs away. I'm still gunna play this game with no sound but luckily I have a lot of the warcraft music on my ipod

Cat's live. Didn't even reset the realms, they just put it up and told people to restart their game.

Predictably, I can't get back in. :)

Oh well, par for the course for a launch like this. No amount of preparation (insert Illidan joke here) could have changed that.

I was in, and i logged in at 2:58, logged out thinking I needed to and couldn't get back in till like 3:22am. played for a bit, made at least 200 gold selling ports and then did a little of my lvl 80 mage. then i created a goblin and it was fun running around seeing real good FPS. on my 80 in the newest areas, it was lagging so bad and waiting for stuff to farm was ridiculous. i just love being able to fly now in Azeroth

New stuff is pretty neat. Great art design, awesome dramatic music, and I'm just loving being able to fly around Azeroth and get shit done.

Tried the first two dungeons, not as difficult as I expected, although there are a few dicey pulls and the bosses have some mechanics you have to pay attention to. Hope they stepped it up a bit with heroics, Lich King's were a joke...

Also, THRALL'S BALLS!

What's the pet you get with the CE, a baby Deathwing?

Yep.

My friend got Realm's First Mining Achievement. I don't know how he did it so fast but I'm extremely jealous. oh and 1/2 Collectors Editions came in today

10 hours to go here.

I think I'll try out PvP before Cataclysm hits.

It's too bad that starting from tommorow for the next 2 weeks I'll have to study for exams. :( Oh well, I suppose my Hunter can wait.

yeah dude, don't even think about logging in. Plus don't forget the servers are usually laggy as shit anyway this time of year

Just got to lvl 5 on my Worgan "Rabbies" lol I wanted Rabies, but Rabbies was good enough for me

Oh god, they have Worgans. RAWR

EDIT: I see a saber. I guess you can't play 'unarmed', with just your claws and bite?

Well you can play unarmed if you want, but you wont do as much damage as you would with a weapon.

cool, got Landro's gift box playing card in my deck...wonder what's inside...

Back