Your recent gaming purchases

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
Dude. Grenade Launcher with ammo pack and flashbangs. Shoot into every room after wanding it for baddies. DONE AND DONE. Love that game.

You should have waited with Blood Bowl, an enhanced edition of the game is coming out later this year.

Also, tear gas and pepperballs are useless on the later missions where the enemies have body armor and gasmasks.:(

This is true, but it was £4 on steam. I'll be getting ultimate edition at some point (probably not when it comes out, but at some point) but this is hella fun in the mean time.

Theres only a couple of missions where the enemies actually have gasmasks and within those missions it tends to be only a few. Provided you scout the room and choose the right tools (ie don't go all teargas/pepperball) you'll do fine. Less lethal shotguns, flashbangs and if they're really being difficult, the tazer - which always causes them to surrender after one hit.

I guess I might install it when I feel in the mood for getting frustrated again.

Currently some older 4:3-only PC games are on my priority list before I get a new computer(and along with it a new 16:9 LCD monitor to replace this aging 4:3 CRT), like finally FINISHING the System Shock games.

I remember the first SWAT where you basically played recorded footage.

I recall an old woman with a shotgun in a single-storied house and you shoot her outside in the front garden as she tries to shoot you first.

And when you fired, to simulate recoil, the mouse would bounce upward with each shot.

Omg I had that game. I was young when I got it and failed horribly. I never beat that first mission. You had to go through that training first and everything. I remember getting Swat 2 as well which was like an isometic RTS kind of thing that was also incredibly difficult. I don't remember Swat 3 ever coming out. They sure transitioned a lot with that series.

SWAT 3 was a great tactical FPS, just like SWAT 4, but yeah, I played SWAT 1 at a friends once(and got bored of it instantly), got SWAT 2 for free from some mag or something way back in 2003, played it, hard as **** like you said.

SWAT 3 and 4 are great however.

They also made a console-exclusive SWAT spin-off(Also an FPS) which I've heard was quite average.

346626ps_500h.jpg

I guess I might install it when I feel in the mood for getting frustrated again.

Currently some older 4:3-only PC games are on my priority list before I get a new computer(and along with it a new 16:9 LCD monitor to replace this aging 4:3 CRT), like finally FINISHING the System Shock games.

A lot of them have DVI (which you can use a VGA adapter for if you have to), and an HDMI input, so you could also use it for a :shudder: evil console, if you wanted. You probably already have a big screen though, I'm guessing. Just sayin'.

hell yes. even though i've only been able to get through like 20 minutes.

I've been through the Archives, shit myself, ran and hid from just the sound of a monster and left when I got back to the main hall. Haven't had the balls to go back to it yet.

I've been through the Archives, shit myself, ran and hid from just the sound of a monster and left when I got back to the main hall. Haven't had the balls to go back to it yet.

I actually glimpsed the monster at that point

capsule_616x353.jpg

Got a demo code from gamespot that allows you to play the game now if you buy it. So I did. Seems a nice little game from the first level.

Let us know what you think of Dead Rising 2, I never got to play the first one.

Is MoH REALLY the best selling WW2 franchise ever?

Hmm.

Considering getting back into EVE Online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08hmqyejCYU

Ironically this is similar to how I joined my corporation many years ago, before WoW kicked off and I left.

But I know just how long it takes to get where I was again. Months and months of ISK and Mining grinding, doing favours, waiting for my character to learn new skills in real-time (waiting 30-odd days to fly my new ship that my corporation paid for). I frigging LOVED EVE, part of me wants to go back so badly. Its more than just a game.

Argh, I'm so torn.

Let us know what you think of Dead Rising 2, I never got to play the first one.
Technically not my purchase, but I'll be giving it a go. Didn't think much of the demo, though.

Dynasty, you play WoW?

If so, lulz, because honestly, WoW is just as overrated as you say that the Halo franchise is.

formula-one-2010-ps3-20602338.jpeg

Amazing game. From Codemasters, they took everything that was great about GRID, and everything great about Dirt 2, using the same engine, and have created this masterpiece of an F1 game.

One thing that truly stands out about this game is the rain effects. I have seen more perfect rain in a game before, and used as well as it is in this game.

The water droplets streak off the body of the cars, your visor gets covered in streaming rain if you chage the view, the spray at high-speed of the car infront makes it simply impossible to know whats ahead, it comepletely blinds you and blurs the screen.

Everything from the strategy of tires to overheating the engine to the detail of the tracks and cars is almost perfect.

It can be an arcade game or a full simulator (kind of), as you have complete control of all the suspension, downforce, tyre type etc, or you can just get your engineer to setup the car for certain, pre-set conditions.

The only qwalm I have with the game is the lack of performance difference between the cars. It would seem logical that hoping into a Lotus would leave you at the back/mid of the pack in qualifying and the race itself. On hard difficulty, my first qualifying session landed me 3rd, and I won the race in the end, granted with some seriously daring braking and alot of warnings from the stewards. And it can feel a little TOO difficult sometimes, the drivers have the personalities of their real counterparts (Alonso keeps up the pressure alot and Vettel just barges past you), I just would like to know that getting a contract with Ferrari or Red Bull would give me increased performance over Virgin for example, but that doesnt seem to be the case.

http://www.incgamers.com/News/25322/f1-2010-knocks-off-halo-in-uk-charts

Ohh poor Halo.

Super R Type for the SNES and Forsaken for N64 for $4.99 a piece at my local retro gaming outlet!

This is third-hand discussion, but RPS are talking about players alleging that the AI in F1-2010 is basically non-existent, like the races are basically scripted and the actual results aren't always recorded by the game. Also, save-game corruption and other rubbish.

But I'm seriously considering it when the price comes down, an I don't even play racing games.

Just bought a PS3 Slim 320GB with a Move Starter kit for £340. Saved £85 :)

Bought Uncharted 2, Darksiders and Killzone 2 all second hand.

Looking forward to SoTC/Oni HD remakes and GOW3 when it comes down in price a little. :)

320GB!? Damn dawg.

I still beat myself up regularly over buying a PS3 Phat about a month before the Slim was announced.:(

Also, I assume you mean SoTC/ICO, not Oni. Unless Bungie are making an Oni remake now? That'd be awesome!

Also, the default cameras in F1 2010 look really meh, luckily for the PC version there's already some great mods out there to improve the cameras.

This is third-hand discussion, but RPS are talking about players alleging that the AI in F1-2010 is basically non-existent, like the races are basically scripted and the actual results aren't always recorded by the game. Also, save-game corruption and other rubbish.

But I'm seriously considering it when the price comes down, an I don't even play racing games.

Yeah, I saw some vids and read about it on the forums. Definately disappointing. Were the other codemasters racing games like that? I know dirt was strictly solo for alot of gametypes(rally etc). Guess they had a tough time with the engine, getting it to support 21 A.I drivers.

Also, theres a big list of bugs atm like you mentioned.

Only bug Ive experienced so far was in a qualifying round in Istanbul. For some reason it was showing the AI drivers doing laps over a minute quicker than me, which was negated when I saw the final times as I qualified about 5 seconds ahead.

It all depends on your difficulty settings. Apparently they use tactics for an entire race, so if you do a 30% race, they're still racing as if it's a 70-odd lap race so can be 'conservative', mistaken for 'easy'.

Try racing on hard and then just change the driver assist settings in the options before the race, so the difficulty becomes 'custom'.

Get overtaken then by a 'top' racer like Hamilton or Alonso and you wont see them again. Ive comfortably sat about 10 seconds ahead of a driver, just like in the real thing, and had my engineer tell me he's creeping up on me, going slightly faster each lap, which fills you with a serious amount of tension, to the point where you DO make a mistake. Break too late, spin off or misjudge that corner youve gone round 20 times before. Ive lost pole position two corners from the finish once so far, simply because I was looking behind me for just a fraction too long before the corner came up. Couldnt brake hard enough, ran onto the grass and span.

Just bought a PS3 Slim 320GB with a Move Starter kit for £340. Saved £85 :)

Bought Uncharted 2, Darksiders and Killzone 2 all second hand.

Looking forward to SoTC/Oni HD remakes and GOW3 when it comes down in price a little. :)

Welcome to the dark side. Uncharted 2 is arguably the greatest game of this generation.

Planning on sitting down and finally finishing Uncharted 1 and 2 this week, right after I watch the movie Blade Runner and beat the game based off it.

Just got myself Aliens vs Predator for the 360 only $12 used! gamefly.com is having a sale

also can we pin this thread as well as Minecraft??

Ive lost pole position two corners from the finish once so far, simply because I was looking behind me for just a fraction too long before the corner came up. Couldnt brake hard enough, ran onto the grass and span.
Why look behind you during your best qualifying lap? There should be no blocking during qualifying. I guess you are just remembering things wrong.

EDIT: Oh, you probably meant first place instead of pole position.

So it's pretty good then? It sounds interesting to be racing Hamilton and Button and all of them, since I watch F1 now. Geez, I haven't really played an F1 game since the SuperNES. Things were different then.

I was told F1 2010 features cheating teleporting AI cars etc.

That doesn't really sound good to me.

Edit: Just bought Hydrophobia off X-Box Live Arcade, been waiting for this title for quite some time(Since back when it was originally due to be a retail title) and after playing the demo I knew I did want to buy it.

Back