Avatar: FernGully 2: Pocahontas Dances With Smurfs In Space In 3D On Ice

Wow, this is nostalgic. The trailer is like a trailer in the 80s (eg for Aliens) - you know, those ones that pretty much summarise the entire movie in clips and sampled dialogue.

Does anyone know where the music is from that begins at 00:13? I'd swear I've heard it before.

The music is from the The Island Its called My name is linocln I think, btw can I borrow one of your guys time machines?

I like how you have to attack Samon's taste in other movies because there is absolutely no way you can defend Avatar. The CGI doesn't look that great. The art style is bland. The story barely exists, and what's there lacks any originality whatsoever.

You might be too stupid to see the appeal of Lost in Translation, but surely you can appreciate that it's far more original and special than this pile of garbage.
Have you seen Avatar already? I though it wasn't released?

I GUARANTEE you will pay money to see it and help fill Camerons pockets.

Lost_in_Translation_.jpg

Now that....is special. :|

That was a bit childish on Mr-Fusion's part.
Doesn't help him much when he tries to use a picture from a dead account.

I'll probably be waiting for this to come to DVD, it looks fun but not enough that I'll go out of my way to see it in theaters.

Looks entertaining in a xmas treat for the kids kind of way. I will watch.

There is now a 4-min clip exclusively on Xbox live, amazing stuff! Its taken directly from Avatar day is its not cut in any way, 4 min from the Thantor chase scene.

Good stuff on Xbox Live. You can tell it's more suited to 3D than 2D, the perspective and framing seem strangely off.

Yes very true, when that creature digs under the tree roots to get Jake I actually pushed my self into the seat it was pretty cool.

Heh. I like it. It's cliche, it's retarded. But oh god I love it.

Although I'd be happier if the movie was about killing all the savages, and not some shit romantist crap. Humanity prevails.

I'd love to kill humanity, starting with everyone who thinks this movie looks anything other than awful.

Killing Humanity, in the movie ?

No, I mean, humanity wipes out/enslaves the native population of those bluies.

Why can't the exploitative coroporate powers win for once?

I'd love to kill humanity, starting with everyone who thinks this movie looks anything other than awful.

Well... You'll have to catch me first!

I'll be gunning for Paramore fans first, meself.

:p

Still not as interested in this movie as much as I'd like to be. I was in the cinema today and I saw it advertised under a Coke Zero advert. Cringed at just how... unrelated it was. I'll probably go to watch it though, if simply for how hyped it is.

No, I mean, humanity wipes out/enslaves the native population of those bluies.

Why can't the exploitative coroporate powers win for once?

Cameron should have just bought the WH40k license and based the movie on that.

Extermination is the fate of all Xenos.

In all seriousness, I'm hoping Cameron will do something that will amaze us all, because so far all I'm seeing is a ton of effort being spent on a cliche kiddy "technology sucks, primitive tribes know better" plot.

When is the Warcraft movie coming out???

There hasn't been a damn good action movie in a god awful long period of time, and I have a feeling this movie will disappoint me.

I've waited a month just to be able to piss on Avatar.

Anyone seen the newest trailer?

What a stinking pile of generic horseshit.
This movie is gonna be so boring.

It just premiered in London last night, and although there will be no official reviews until the 14th, there are plenty of impressions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/6786507/Avatar-The-first-reviews.html

Seems mostly positive at first, until you search around a bit and run into something like this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/dec/11/avatar-james-cameron-film-review

It also worries me how much the reviews seem to concentrate on the "amazing visuals", and if anything confirm that the plot is just as bland and generic as the trailers made it seem.

I'm still not convinced.

Most of Cameron's plots have never been all that complex (Robots from the future! Underwater aliens!), but his execution of those ideas is usually awesome. After combing through some of the extended trailer stuff and a few pre-screening opinions I'm moving up to "cautiously optimistic."

You guys are downright cynics. Of course, I'm holding complete judgment until I actually see the movie, but all critics so far except one are giving the movie rave reviews.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avatar/
http://www.newsinfilm.com/2009/12/10/early-avatar-reviews-are-in-wows-critics/

And it gets the Neil Blomkamp seal of approval.

So I dunno guys....I hope you remember that this is James Cameron, who directed Aliens, Terminator, T2, The Abyss and Titanic. I don't think he ****s around like Robert Zemeckis does.

Yeah it's basically Dances With Wolves In Space With Mechs In 3D. Sounds kinda fun, just don't go in expecting Citizen Kane.

Yeah it's basically Dances With Wolves In Space With Mechs In 3D. Sounds kinda fun, just don't go in expecting Citizen Kane.
I'm certainly not expecting Citizen Kane, though if I hear "rosebud" at the beginning of the movie, someone's going to die.

No, just realists.
I understand where people are coming from with their pessimism. The 3D movie is Hollywood's last hope for making money in the box office, as evident with the incredible flux of 3D movies (Toy Story, Christmas Carol, Avatar, Ice Age, the list could go on). We've seen good directors turn into hacks who now make a living creating glorified rollercoaster rides for cinema (see: Robert Zemeckis). Many of us here have learned to loathe CGI-oriented films like Transformers, GI-Joe, and 2012.

What I'm trying to say about Avatar is that it may be the exception to the rule. James Cameron developed the story by himself long ago and held off from creating it until he had the best technology to make his dreams realized. I think when you go see this movie, there's going to be a lot more than just awesome 3D visuals (as indicated by the critics so far).

You have to understand with a big budget (perhaps the biggest) Hollywood movie like this, the marketing campaign is going to aim for the broadest audience possible. They spent half a million on this film, so they have a lot more back.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe most of you will hate it or see it as a mediocre movie, but I usually get a good gut instinct on which movies will be good or bad. For one, I had a good feeling about District 9 from the start.

I'm not going to totally write off avatar just yet (but considering cameron's calibre I expected to be more hyped than I am) but yeah seriously avatar's story is as generic as they come :|

You say that as if Hollywood producing films with generic stories is something we aren't used to.

can't wait to see this film, less than a week to go. there haven't been many good films like this produced in the history of cinema, and from what i can tell it will become the defining sci-fi epic of the generation.

Back