Buying a new bike.

Kula Meenur

Reaction score
2007-CBR1000RR-RED.BLACK-NEW.bmp

Buyin a new bike, 2008 CBR1000 RR7. I got the dosh for it, and the 250 VTR i'm riding just isn't cutting it. Gonna get back into the racing scene while i'm at it, been racing for a few years but recently missed the last season due to study. Reforming the bike for racing will take time, but i got the dosh and i like to do what i love.

Got the price knocked down to from $17'500 to $13'900. Buying it on friday after much testing, deliberation, consultation and test legs.

Black_Naked_VTR250.jpg

My old bike, a Honda VTR250V2. Not a photo of mine though this ones a V1.

Anyone else here ride, or race? I know you're out there

/evil glare

$13'900 wtf, how'd you get that much money?

my dad's got 2 bikes, but i've never tried one.

Da, found they suit my riding style best. Beautiful mix of balance they have, very well built and thought out bikes. Owned a few bikes previously, one of them being a CBR900 i kitted for the track.

You ride mate?

Unfortunately not at the moment but I'm seriously hoping that some time in the (relatively) near future I can start learning. My dad rides, though. He's got two Ducatis.

I know!

Buy a car.

Unfortunately not at the moment but I'm seriously hoping that some time in the (relatively) near future I can start learning. My dad rides, though. He's got two Ducatis.

Go for it sister, you won't regret it! What got you interested? :p Ducati's are nice bikes mate, personally never owned one. Was going to buy a 1098 or an 894 instead of the CBR, though it takes time and skill to ride them to their full extent, more so than any other you can flip flop round a bend. Although, didn't really like the idea of forking out vast sums of dollars if i ended up skidding one down the ashphalt :LOL:

Go for it sister, you won't regret it! What got you interested?

My dad's love of motorbikes, simple as that! Runs in the family, I guess, seeing as my brother wants to start riding as well.

Triumph Daytona 675 ftw.

triumph_daytona_675.jpg

Why? Cause it's not your run-of-the-mill Japanese crotch rocket. AND it's British :).

Although I'm more of a tourer bike person. I want a Triumph Bonneville rlly bad.

^holy crap.

That thing looks like it will take you straight to hell. It knows a shortcut.

This thread is now about the baddest street bikes you've ever seen.

Nice, wonder how comfortable she is. Mmmm...touring... Honda Goldwing much? :p

Righto, don't think i ran into one of these whilst cruisin the shops...

whats the pricing like?

Boy do I feel like a reatard
I came in this thread thinking you were talking about a bicycle, like the ones with the pedals...

Righto, don't think i ran into one of these whilst cruisin the shops...

whats the pricing like?

$8,999 US dollars, not sure what that is Australian.

CBR1000RR is $11,599. But the Triumph is a 600cc class bike and the CBR is a 1000cc.

Sounds about right. Never really liked the tone of triumphs...meh!

@Distrupted: Well you could probably ride it like a bicycle. With your feet...

....and end up droppin the bastard every 50 metres or so

Yeah, never really liked the tone of triumph...to each his own i guess

I hate motorcycles.
I lost 2 friends to motorcycle accidents.

I don't think you should encourage anybody to ride them without giving proper warnings.

Nice, wonder how comfortable she is. Mmmm...touring... Honda Goldwing much? :p

A Goldwing isn't a bike.... its a ****ing car with a few wheels missing. :/ Who needs air conditioning on a bike ffs when YOUR MOVING AT 20 MPH+ THE WIND DOES A BETTER JOB!! I can imagine the next iteration of the Goldwing might even come with a ****ing sunroof. :/

I hate motorcycles.
I lost 2 friends to motorcycle accidents.

I don't think you should encourage anybody to ride them without giving proper warnings.
Were they wearing helmets?? Or were they riding lidless like you're legally allowed to in most of the USA? :(

They wore helmets of course and they had been riding for like 3/4 years.

I'd say the drivers of the vehicles they crashed into were at fault, though... since one of them was a drunk and the other ran a stop sign.

It's just scary, if you crash into something while on motorcycle you have a 98% chance of getting killed instantly since you have no seat belt or anything to really keep you on the bike.

head on collisions are often fatal involving two cars as well. The two vehicles collide at their combined speeds and come to an instant stop.

They are more dangerous in all respects of course, which is why I don't own one. I'd love to ride, and it would be perfect for commuting though.

Buyin a new bike, 2008 CBR1000 RR7. I got the dosh for it, and the 250 VTR i'm riding just isn't cutting it. Gonna get back into the racing scene while i'm at it, been racing for a few years but recently missed the last season due to study. Reforming the bike for racing will take time, but i got the dosh and i like to do what i love.

Nice one (bastad). I test rode the new CBR600RR last week and now I desperately want one. Amazing bike. Hopefully I'll be able to afford one next year.

Fireblade just seemed like silly amounts of power though! Isn't having a bike like that a bit of a pain in Australia since they're so anally obsessive about speed limits?

They wore helmets of course and they had been riding for like 3/4 years.

I'd say the drivers of the vehicles they crashed into were at fault, though... since one of them was a drunk and the other ran a stop sign.

It's just scary, if you crash into something while on motorcycle you have a 98% chance of getting killed instantly since you have no seat belt or anything to really keep you on the bike.

Also, 92.5% of statistics are made up.

I crashed a moped once. It was awesome.

Good for you Koola. Pics when you get it.

Also, 92.5% of statistics are made up.

Yeah, no shit it's made up. :|
It's not that far from the truth though... if you get from any side on a bike you're probably going to die.
Not really the case with a car.

Yeah, no shit it's made up. :|
It's not that far from the truth though... if you get from any side on a bike you're probably going to die.
Not really the case with a car.

That's not true, the majority of motorcycle-related injuries are to the lower body and therefore not life-threatening. I hit a tree at 60mph and I'm well on my way to recovery 11 months later.

In any case, there's a simple solution - don't crash.

Also dont be an idiot on the road.... there plenty of those on the road with four wheeled vehicles... :(

Triumph Daytona 675 ftw.

triumph_daytona_675.jpg

Why? Cause it's not your run-of-the-mill Japanese crotch rocket. AND it's British :).

Although I'm more of a tourer bike person. I want a Triumph Bonneville rlly bad.

It looks like the bike is eating the front wheel. :|

Nice one (bastad). I test rode the new CBR600RR last week and now I desperately want one. Amazing bike. Hopefully I'll be able to afford one next year.

Fireblade just seemed like silly amounts of power though! Isn't having a bike like that a bit of a pain in Australia since they're so anally obsessive about speed limits?

As long as ya go for it in the right places mate! :angel: CBR's are an phenomenal model, go for it mate!

In any case, there's a simple solution - don't crash.

First rule of preventative maintenance :p

Lol made the payment yesterday in person, picking it up today in about an hour or so.

[edit]: pics soon! :D

Koola... Your old bike is such a slut! Look at all those exposed parts. You should really tag photos like that NSFW. I'd hate to think of what might happen to the trikes out there browsing the internet when they see those kinds of images. They just end up with unrealistic ideas as to what male genitalia should look like.

As for rides.. I personally like the smaller engines. They make me feel like a big man.

..you know. For producing less pollution.

When I saw this thread title, the first thing I thought was "I wonder if A-Bike posted in here yet."

Back