closed thread because moderator to lazy to read

last night I was playng hl 1 within steam it locks up if you play really fast. that rig is q9450/2x9800gtx+ wet/8gig pc6400/800mhz; & yes hl2 works fine on this rig or if you play HL1 slow it also works fine.

when I play hl1 on my duo core e6420 9500gt 4gig works great no steam, never locks up no matter how fast you play.

(SOME of the old mods don't work at all within steam)

you can put your unzipped/unrar file into
C:\program Files(x86)\steam\ (yourfile name)\half-life

it will not run but does on a no steam computer

How do you know it works without steam, if this whole thread is about how you cant get it to work without steam?

WOOF WOOF

How do you know it works without steam, if this whole thread is about how you cant get it to work without steam?

WOOF WOOF

the rig I owned last week was an HP m8020n it had XP pro 32 installed
I put Half life program from 1998 not steam it ran fine.
I pulled the hard drive from it and sold it last week

this is about

XP 64 and no steam

xp 32 works fine no steam

it is only about

XP 64

another reason to play without steam
steam must run to play = extra load time.

I was not an ass to the people in charge

they did not read my post and closed it

then it proceeded from their

They read your post. The misunderstood it, due to your total lack of grammatical ability. If you can't spell worth a damn, and don't care to actually make it possible for people to understand what the hell you are trying to say, IT IS YOUR FAULT, NOT THE READERS'/MODERATORS.

Also, TRY ACTUALLY ASKING A MODERATOR WHY IT WAS CLOSED BEFORE YOU MAKE IDIOTIC ASSUMPTIONS MOST PSYCHIC HOTLINE WORKERS WOULDN'T MAKE.

You currently have a large group of intelligent, articulate people still making mature attempts at figuring out what your issue is. The error is yours, not anybody else's. Your lack of communication skills is not our fault. It is yours. Do not get angry at people for misunderstanding it, as the closing moderator did.

I won't jump to conclusions about his grammar until he tells us what his first language is.

Surprised everyone missed the fact that this thread is also in the wrong forum.

But Munroooo, we're too lazy to read, why would we care about what forum it's in?

then they closed the thread without even reading it.

That's an incorrect assumption. The thread was closed because despite everyone's best attempts, you didn't seem to comprehend a single thing anyone was saying.

a suck balls lazy ask no reading moderator 2 of them close my thread

My post in your thread was giving you a link to the Steam page for Half-Life, so you wouldn't have to do it yourself. So, wrong again.

Have you tried the command line addition that Barnz posted?

This command to clarify...
relax, all you have to add this line to your shortcut:

your_half-life_folder/halflife.exe -32bit

this is about

XP 64 and no steam

xp 32 works fine no steam

it is only about

XP 64

another reason to play without steam
steam must run to play = extra load time.
Is that what this is all about? You do know Steam basically adds little to nothing in terms of load time, if you are building such great PCs and know lots about them you should try using Steam properly rather than remaining in the stone age.

With Steam and Half-life you can choose to run Half-life in 32bit mode using Steam. Just do that.

Wow - I love it when advise goes round in circles...

Wow - I love it when advise goes round in circles...

It's more like a trampoline, everyone tells him to get steam...... he says something....... everyone tells him to get steam....... and so on and so forth.

Also in the time you've been arguing here you could have loaded steam like 4000 times.

Okay, so lets recap.
You can use steam.
Use it.
Put -32 bit in the launch options of Steam.
Steam does not add on loading times to your "good computer lololo".
Yeesh.

It's more like a trampoline, everyone tells him to get steam...... he says something....... everyone tells him to get steam....... and so on and so forth.

Also in the time you've been arguing here you could have loaded steam like 4000 times.

omg i read this and spit out the soda in my mouth. thank you for making me lolz

I love a good game of tennis.

THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT SPINNY KYLE DUDE!

You can't just expect a game from 98 without new patches to continue to work on computers with new technology.

It's like you're complaining that your 8 inch black and white TV can't view HD channels. And we're telling you, dude, you need an HD TV. And you're like no no no, I want it on my old shitty TV, I don't want to buy a new TV. And then we tell you you can trade in your old TV for a new HD one without any cost, and you still, for reasons you have not disclosed, want to stick with your incompatible version.

I love you man. :LOL:

I like playing Half-Life without steam for the menu alone. It has cool sound effects and the text is all glowy and stuff.

Poor esswok :(
I wish I could help.

Back