did you ever hunt (animals...not little girls)?

jverne

Reaction score
so, did you? if yes then please post your experience. where, when, how, with whom, any funny/sad/terrible moments, how skillful you have to be, animal behavior...anything.

not that plan on hunting since i would never kill an animal if i didn't need to, but since i'm an archer i'd always leave it as a possibility.

mice.
Trapped it in a corner and killed it with a shoe, i know, its cruel, but it was shitting on my desk for weeks and i was drunk.

-dodo

Fish, crabs, shrimps. In rock pools.

Move slowly and quietly, avoid getting your shadow on the water.

The hardest part was usually finding them.

Only mosquitoes.

The rest are pretty sweet.

Fishing once. But that would be like calling shooting blindly into a dark wooded area "hunting."

Except that wouldn't be as mind-numbingly boring.

Fishing once. But that would be like calling shooting blindly into a dark wooded area "hunting."

Except that wouldn't be as mind-numbingly boring.

with the added bonus of accidentily shooting other hunters

Little girls are animals if you keep 'em in a cage long enough.

I go shooting all the time, but I would never hunt. I can't even kill spiders, I'd never be able to shoot a little woodland creature.

Yes, on all acounts.
My favorite, the most dangerous game. Pandas.

I don't hunt, no.

I would like to try fishing again some day(only did it like twice), but strictly for food, not for the thrill. That's just additive.

Here's a creepy hunting experience related to me. I did not do the actual hunting (Hey, I think I made a thread about this)

So my dad likes deer meat. And sometimes when a deer is hit, if one of the officers in the area or whatever knows someone who hunts deer, they will call them up to take it.
So this guy, calls my dad up.
My dad wants a helping hand, okay, whatever, I go with him.

We get there, it's a young one, still alive, legs shattered from whoever hit it with there car.

A Cop, out of no where, pulls out his gun and shoots it in the face, without warning anyone.
See, what most people don't know is that deer have very small brains, so you have to hit them in the right spot.... so this little deer is still alive after he shot it's face, and the officer is like "shit"
So he shoots it in the face AGAIN and it is still ALIVE and kicking around.
My dad (a bit of a hick obviously) panics and opens his van trunk and pulls out a huge hunting knife.
Runs over to the deer to put it out of it's misery..... but the knife is dull and it takes THREE stabs in the neck before it stops moving. My dad gets up, covered in blood, and pulls out a tarp, picks up the deer and throws it into the back.

The cops are looking at him like "What the F*CK?" because my dad has latex gloves, a hunting knife, and tarp in his van for this sort of thing, and it just looks ****ing creepy.

The whole time I stood by the van in silence, they must have thought I was some creepy mute hick son accomplice.

i used to throw rocks at seaguls when i was a kid. i've killed mice, a giant poisonous snake, bullfrogs, and then i grew out of it. i used to fish a lot with my brothers and father, and recently i started to hate people who hurt animals for fun. now i realize its better to save animals than to hurt them. but i do love venison and i understand there are plenty of deer around my area so i have problem with killing them, especially since they can kill people on the roads. theres a point in my life where i'd capture a bunny or turtle and keep them as a pet but then i'd release them. gardener snakes were cool pets but i didn't understand how to keep them long because they would starve or feel uncomfortable. I also used to catch tadpoles and watch them grow which was amazing.

also recently they find that children who enjoy killing animals grow up to be killers of humans later on in life.

i used to throw rocks at seaguls when i was a kid. i've killed mice, a giant poisonous snake, bullfrogs, and then i grew out of it. i used to fish a lot with my brothers and father, and recently i started to hate people who hurt animals for fun. now i realize its better to save animals than to hurt them. but i do love venison and i understand there are plenty of deer around my area so i have problem with killing them, especially since they can kill people on the roads. theres a point in my life where i'd capture a bunny or turtle and keep them as a pet but then i'd release them. gardener snakes were cool pets but i didn't understand how to keep them long because they would starve or feel uncomfortable. I also used to catch tadpoles and watch them grow which was amazing.

also recently they find that children who enjoy killing animals grow up to be killers of humans later on in life.

i think it's well known fact that people who kill animals for fun, have less doubt or restraints when it comes to killing a person. not that they would just go around killing everyone, but if the situation comes i think they'll pull the trigger easier than a non hunter.

i think it's well known fact that people who kill animals for fun, have less doubt or restraints when it comes to killing a person. not that they would just go around killing everyone, but if the situation comes i think they'll pull the trigger easier than a non hunter.

very true :eek:

no. Because hunting for sport is a stupid and dumb waste of time and animals

Little girls are animals if you keep 'em in a cage long enough.
This post hasn't received it's due recognition.

Here you are:
emot-golfclap.gif

Been crab fishing loads when I've been by the sea. Filled up crates with them we caught so much! We set them all free though after :) Not that hard to do... though with a bow and arrow I think it'd be much harder xD

Also done fishing... never really with much success. Caught a dog once D: Line was on the floor with some bait on it, then this dog came over and ate it, the hook got caught down his throat somewhere D: it was so scary as a kid (was like 11 or something). Lukily its owner ran over and literally stuck his hand down his throat and got the hook out. He was ok thankfully!

Didnt fish much more after that xD

I hunted ants with a magnifying glass when I was a kid a few times.

pedobear_drool.jpg

pedobeartooold.jpg

inb4 this is not het / 4chan

To contribute to this thread, I love fishing, but I've never really been hunting fo'realz'
Hai.

Who are you again?

I got my conservation license last year with the intent of going hunting, so I might hunt.

I shot a squirrel with a pellet gun once. I probably have mental issues because I liked doing it.

I shot a bird off a power line with a bb gun.

I felt bad.

I hunted some mammoths back in the day.

And yet you didn't spare enough for the rest of us to enjoy, selfishly exterminating them all for your own enjoyment... asshole!

ive shot loads of shit. got my first rifle at 8.
cane rats, birds, normal rats, lizards, impala, duiker, bush pig, monkeys (i ****ing hate baboons)
some more antelope and a warthog.
probly some others as well.

edit: oh yeah ive shot a few fish too. spur of the moment thing.

Back