Do you believe in an "afterlife"?

fools, we go into another dimension..

we all line up as little clouds at the check in station where King Yamma will decide our fate. If we were bad, then we join Freeza and corp. down in the Home For Infinite Losers (HFIL) and if we were good then we get to enjoy heaven.

If we were martial artist who saved the world, then we can keep our bodies, go on snake way and chill with King Kai, or we can enter the Grand Martial Arts Tournament and fight all the great fighters of the universe.

....idiots..
That...
is...
awesome???
retarded???
retarted?????????
youfarted????????

I've got a weird theory on life after death....

You relive your life over and over and over....hence the reason you have Deja Vu.

Yeah, it's lame, but I made it up as a kid, and I'm sticking to it.

You'd better be wrong.

Not in the slightest although I would absolutely love to believe there was something. In my opinion the evidence for it has been weak if nonexistent and the arguments for it even worse.

Nope, haven't since I was 14, and I'm much happier now. As someone else said, you don't know if your dead, your dead before your born so it doesn't matter.

i plan on not dying at all, so i guess i'll never find out if there is an afterlife...

i plan on not dying at all, so i guess i'll never find out if there is an afterlife...

same here, I'm gonna upload my mind into a computer and wrap myself in a body of carbon and metal and become a robot with a human mind and live forever.

Everyone should stop thinking about death and start enjoying life http://twilightserenity.ytmnd.com/

If anyone has studied the brain in anyway you soon realize that everything is just based on random neurons firing in your brain. Really kills the magic of it.

Of course we can stretch our imaginations around things like String theory and the 11 dimensions and say that once we die we transcend to the next dimension where time is 1 with space.

this is how i percieve heaven

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3pz8B_m9jM[/YOUTUBE]

Everyone should stop thinking about death and start enjoying life http://twilightserenity.ytmnd.com/

If anyone has studied the brain in anyway you soon realize that everything is just based on random neurons firing in your brain. Really kills the magic of it.

Of course we can stretch our imaginations around things like String theory and the 11 dimensions and say that once we die we transcend to the next dimension where time is 1 with space.

Hah, once you understand anything all magic goes away. :(

My afterlife shall consist of memory. I only hope that I may die a death for the state and fatherland that I be remembered for all eternity in history. No joke.

What is the terror of death? To die, your mission unfullfilled.

What is the joy of life? To die, knowing that you've done your duty.

-Lt. Kim Yong Gu, 1948

commies2.gif

My afterlife shall consist of memory. I only hope that I may die a death for the state and fatherland that I be remembered for all eternity in history. No joke.

What is the terror of death? To die, your mission unfullfilled.

What is the joy of life? To die, knowing that you've done your duty.

-Lt. Kim Yong Gu, 1948

commies2.gif
Numbers comes back from his "institution" and we're back at square one.

Nature goes in a circle, you know. Oh sweet joy of life.

Concepts such as "afterlife" are creations of weak minds...

I believe in an afterlife. I figure it's just a state where your mind becomes the entity, and you imagination is the limit of the world you want to create. It would be like you were in a dream where you could change anything, but it would be for eternity.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdfVqNlEKFU[/YOUTUBE]

"Mr. Death, is there an afterlife?"

the whole concept of an afterlife is silly

"lets all rush out to our deaths because the afterlife is better than this one" ...ingenious way of controlling the ignorant guillible masses; promise them reward later on if they behave now ..kinda like what I do with my 3 year old son

"lets all rush out to our deaths because the afterlife is better than this one" ...ingenious way of controlling the ignorant guillible masses; promise them reward later on if they behave now ..kinda like what I do with my 3 year old son
The God delusion is a good book to read about this. Basically the only reason religions said that suicide sent you straight to hell was so that people wouldn't think "omg I'ma /wrists 'cuz then I go strayt to Hevan, lol!".
My opinion is that people can think whatever they want, as long as they don't impose their beliefs on others. This includes things like societal beliefs and upbringing. Those kids from the vid thread (Americas most hated family) didn't have a chance to decide for themselves. That, I think, is wrong and shouldn't happen.
Now I was brought up religiously. My family took me almost every year to these sort of weekends for learning about our religion, and meet new friends who shared our religion. I was brought up to pray and so on and so forth. The difference is that my primary parent was my mother, and she let us decide for ourselves what we wanted to do. So I kept the moral side of religion, like no smoking, drinking, or taking drugs, etc. And left everything else up to what I learn throughout my life.

So I think I am very religious in most respects, and still say I'm part of my religion. But I think I am unbiased and can see both sides of any religious argument.

Just because you believe in an afterlife doesn't mean you have to rush to your death, in the same way that NOT believe in one doesn't make you wear a suit of armor everywhere. Of course if you're not doing your taxes because you're banking on the rapture, then you've got other problems to deal with anyway.

As far as I can see, the afterlife is a subject about which we have zero good data one way or another. So that leaves infinite possibilities, for better or for worse.

I believe a study is taking place at this very moment regarding NDE's and OBE's in UK hospitals that will take about 10 years to complete.

In one study various objects are placed around A&E wards, mainly the operating theater. The objects are placed out of sight from the patient so there is no way they could be seen if they flick open there eyes for a second or two.

Some patients who had NDE's or OBE's asked the nurse, doctor or surgeon why a tennis racket was placed on top of a medical cabinet.

Do I believe in an afterlife? Yes and no. I like to keep all options open.

:D

...because, as far as you're concerned, you no longer exist. Of course, when I'm dead it won't be depressing, but right now it's the most horrible thought imaginable.

Obviously yes.
Guess everyone will just have to wait and see, nothing more to it.

I have a rather split mind on religion and especially afterlives. The logical side says that as our brain is us, our consciousness, then once that stops, we stop. We are merely a collection of electrical signals processing data.

My spiritual side (how I was brought up) however believes there is, and our current life is the growth of our spiritual "body" if you will. Someone I know used a good analogy - Your spiritual self starts off a lifeless blob. Once you start functioning as a human, it starts to grow with you. How you act during life (not necessarily spiritually, but morally) depends how much you grow spiritually. The 'afterlife' is just a continuation, or evolution if you will. Once you reach this state you continue to grow and learn, but in a more exestential way.

I like this idea :)

I believe a study is taking place at this very moment regarding NDE's and OBE's in UK hospitals that will take about 10 years to complete.

In one study various objects are placed around A&E wards, mainly the operating theater. The objects are placed out of sight from the patient so there is no way they could be seen if they flick open there eyes for a second or two.

Some patients who had NDE's or OBE's asked the nurse, doctor or surgeon why a tennis racket was placed on top of a medical cabinet.

That's cool, I'd really want to see this kind of thing happen for myself!

I mostly believe that we just cease to exist, because it only makes sense. But I'm not going to say 'that's how it is, end of story.' I like to keep open minded about it...

You're a terrorist.

I'm personally hoping for a real life Vanilla Sky but where I am conscious at the start so that I can manipulate the world.

That or that I can hang with my savior with his noodle appendages wrapping me in embrace.

We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Back