Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

well, they're gamers, what do you expect?

I expect them to exhibit a basic level of respect and civil behavior. Being a "Gamer" should not be an acceptable excuse for this kind of behavior any more than being a "human" should. If they had kept their stupid mouths shut we probably would have gotten a lot more information in the video.

Yeah the audience was pretty annoying, but the video was alright. Kinda annoying that they used the same E3 scenes for QuakeCon (reminded of Fault Line), but there were a couple of new things I noticed, and it was nice to see that it wasnt prerecorded footage.

I expect them to exhibit a basic level of respect and civil behavior. Being a "Gamer" should not be an acceptable excuse for this kind of behavior any more than being a "human" should. If they had kept their stupid mouths shut we probably would have gotten a lot more information in the video.

no i just meant their gamers so their socially stunted and inept, sounds like you would fall under that category also.

no i just meant their gamers so their socially stunted and inept, sounds like you would fall under that category also.

Way to insult him unnecessarily, and essentially calling everyone on this forum (including yourself) socially stunted and inept. Just because you have some contorted image of what a gamer is does not make their behavior any less inappropriate.

How does being a gamer make you antisocial? And what makes you think that raken exhibits that type of behavior?

well, they're gamers, what do you expect?

It's funny I remember watching the first SC2 video at a LAN. There was nothing but silence as everyone watched and then a joke by my friend about how long it takes to build a marine. The quakecon crowd was just a pack of retards, you can find those everywhere. Honestly if I was running that event and found the guy who shouted rape I'd kick his arse out. Heck Howard could have stopped and asked for him to leave and for everyone else to chill the **** out.

Lol... an extra $100 for a model, an art book, and a dvd? I wouldn't even be a little interested if it was only $20 more. That's just right out. I have no desire to take up space on a shelf with a plastic dragon or add a DVD to my collection I'll never watch... or look at art for a game I can just play. I'm sure a nice chunk of people will though. This is why I have yet to buy a collector's edition. However Deus Ex's Augmented is pretty close because it's only NINE bucks more, and includes and art book and video like skyrim, but also a game, the sountrack, a comic, an animated storyboard, and I believe a blowjob.

Skyrim looks good and all, but that's just crazy.

DLC that's only available in a limited edition version?

Now that's a step towards the jew world order

Bethesda released a new screenshot of the Dunmer design for Skyrim. Looks SO much better than Oblivion (not that thats hard to do). Now if only they give them their Morrowind chain smoker voices...

darkelff.png

that's some xbox-era graphics.

I didn't realize they were releasing it for the Xbox.

All the media they've released so far has been from the 360 version, to keep how "good" the "pc" version looks a "surprise"

I just hope the textures look better, I've got higher res textures on my modded morrowind right now.

Children, children, please! I was more interested in hearing people's opinions on the Dunmer design itself.

EDIT: Also, it's been a while lefty. I thought you were permabanned?

I like the design, but I hope the female Dunmers are sexier.

He looks badass, people will complain about the eyes not being red enough, others will point out his eyes aren't open all the way because of his pose, and it will devolve into UMAD? UMAD and conversations such as the one seen above. And mikhael will continue to suck a million dicks. In his free time.

Why is my Dunmer yellowish-green instead of gray? He looks like a freaking githzerai from Planescape!

Yeah I saw that back in February. It's pretty hilarious.

Also for anyone who cares, they are planning on releasing some HD video on Monday (hopefully). They say it will be similar to the stuff shown at E3, PAX, and Quakecon though.

Supposedly, there was confirmation that you can join the Imperial Legion, I'm too lazy to look into this though.

I still think it's very sad that every new TES game more dumed down than the last one.

I still think it's very sad that every new TES game more dumed down than the last one.

In all honesty I think most of the "dumbing down" has been for the best. What really mattered to me is that they made the combat more strategic than Oblivion, and included the world design from Morrowind that actually rewards you for exploring instead of giving you lackluster leveled loot. I'm actually glad they removed classes from the game as it does bring the "your character is defined by what you actually use" philosophy full circle and doesnt force you to use some skills you thought would be useful but arent just to level up.

Dumbed down in some ways, but more complex in others (skyrim vs oblivion).

Skyrim please come to Greenman Gaming so I don't have to buy you for a full 60 dollars :(

Skyrim please come to Greenman Gaming so I don't have to buy you for a full 60 dollars :(

I would try and buy it someplace cheaper as well, but damn I want that cloth map.

They don't even have an authentic photo of it, I am sure it's not that great.

I'm not looking for quality, just a cloth map as something to keep. The Elder Scrolls is a series that I love dearly enough to be tempted to get extra swag for, but screw that $150 CE for a plastic dragon.

Supposedly, there was confirmation that you can join the Imperial Legion, I'm too lazy to look into this though.

amongst all the various bugs with oblivion, not being able to join the imperial legion was probably one of the worst parts of the game for me.

Saw some actual un-prettified gameplay and it looks baaaaaaad.

Are you referring to the leaked game opening? There were some elements of it that concerned me, but I think it was on a console, so I still believe (hope, if you're cynical) that the PC version will look better. If not, then I'm sure mods will take care of any problems I may have before the year is out.

Back