Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

You didn't even bother playing the game once without mods!?

Then how will you know what the actual original game is like!?

For shame, Lobster, for shame!:p
Why exactly does that matter? I don't see the original developer's vision as more important or sacred than the mod makers'. If he only wants to play modded Oblivion then he only wants to play modded Oblivion.

I know I'm a chicken! I did play for a few hours with vanilla, but I heard a lot of horror stories about bugs and other issues! So I installed the unofficial bugfix patch and then got lured in by interface mods and balancing tweaks.

I always suck with finishing these things. I still haven't got around to finishing New Vegas, because I go off on a weird tangent and decide I absolutely HAVE to restart with a melee only character.. or a pacifist who kills nobody.. or a psycho that kills everything with a pulse... or a..

This sounds better and better (for the most part) the more I read. Can't wait to, as a wizard, get in a bar brawl and start setting ****ing fire to everyone!!!

Why exactly does that matter? I don't see the original developer's vision as more important or sacred than the mod makers'. If he only wants to play modded Oblivion then he only wants to play modded Oblivion.

Calm down! I was teasing, hence why I used the smiley at the end.

Jeez.

Downloaded Oblivion on my laptop and made a character from Skyrim. Its fun but all I need now are some enhancements. where is that video of the an upcoming mod that overhauls everything? I keep looking but can't find it

Does anyone know if they are going back to the set equipment armor like Oblivion or armor pieces like Morrowind.

It's going to be the same as Oblivion's armor system except that they've combined the cuirass and grieves into one piece.

Me too man. They stated that the main reason for that change is because before each set of armour HAD to have the same amount of pieces as every other set, or it would be unbalanced (ie. even something like fur armour had pauldrons, which is silly). This way they can craft more unique looking armour without worrying about balance issues. They also said that characters with mismatched armour didnt fit into the world as well.

AmishSlayer, that has to be the best Oblivion video I've ever seen!

I laughed until my lungs collapsed!

That was really quite marvelous! Thanks, Slayer of Amish!

Pretty hilarious, but it made me think there was new Skyrim news :<

That...was one of the best Oblivion videos I've ever seen. haha

Forty minutes? That is absolutely fantastic.

Skyrim looks impressive. Looks like one of those game changers if you ask me

Apart from the horrendously consolized UI(zooming through constellations for a ****ing skill tree? Come on that's as gimmicky as they come and the inventory system is just shameful.), this looks fun.

Apart from the horrendously consolized UI(zooming through constellations for a ****ing skill tree? Come on that's as gimmicky as they come and the inventory system is just shameful.), this looks fun.

The footage is from the 360 version so the consolized UI makes sense.

I must say, I like the whole addition of being able to place spells on the floor as traps!

The footage is from the 360 version so the consolized UI makes sense.

Like they'll change the UI for the PC version, lol.
Wishful thinking.

And yeah, they've got a few neat features.
Dual wielding weapons and being able to combine spells is nifty, adds some more tactics to the game.

Holy shit, the audience acts as if they've never seen a video game before.

-You can play in third person--
-WOOOO! YEEEEAH!
-*makes a few swing with the sword*
-YEEAHHH! WOOOO!
-*animal runs past*
-WOOOOOHOOO!
-You can put magic in your left hand--
-OOOOH YEEEEAH!

The video was the same as all the previous ones. A lot of it's prescripted, including every word that Todd Howard says. Nothing new in there.

If I heard correctly, Dark Brotherhood has a "great faction line" I'm assuming you can join the DB, then? I've heard from somebody else as well that the DB is playable

The video was the same as all the previous ones. A lot of it's prescripted, including every word that Todd Howard says. Nothing new in there.

Reminds me of the awesome 'fireball the barking dog' movie before oblivion was released. As i recall, even in the collectors edition 'making of' video that came with the game, Todd and the team are seen discussing that particular scene and exactly what to script into it. It is all just a very well rehearsed, choreographed lie, and Todd should win an Oscar.

40 minute video? Damn, I was about to go to sleep but now I gotta watch this.

Holy shit, the audience acts as if they've never seen a video game before.

-You can play in third person--
-WOOOO! YEEEEAH!
-*makes a few swing with the sword*
-YEEAHHH! WOOOO!
-*animal runs past*
-WOOOOOHOOO!
-You can put magic in your left hand--
-OOOOH YEEEEAH!

This is who publishers are catering to. This is why games are pushed out with zero expectations. This is who you have to blame.

But yeah it looks pretty fun.~

I found dumb that people was asking the player to enter the water so much

so yeah these kind of people is what makes this whole games where more attention is amde to how the water will look rather that how the game will be

He was just checking his script.

genuine lol.

I also felt the disappointment in the audience as he did look at the rather crappy waterfall, and heard more than a few laughs too. No wonder he didn't want to go in the water.

The audience was rather immature and childish during the presentation. In fact, they were downright repugnant. "Teabag him, teabag him!" yelled a bumbling twit as Todd defeated an opponent in Bleak Falls Cave.

well, they're gamers, what do you expect?

Back