Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Completed both the Main Quest and the Civil War last night, I was shocked by how short they both are when you actually stop dicking around in dungeons en route to them both. Both were poorly written and uninspiringly staged (in a Bethesda game?! Who knew!) but I've enjoyed the game overall.

I have a bunch of unfinished guild quest lines, but I think I'm going to put the game on ice until there's some sign of the DLC, preferably resolving post-Civil War Skyrim and hopefully catering for the silly high-level game I ended up playing (At level 57, armoured like a tank, most non-magic skirmishes gave me about 3 minutes of being attacked before I'd have to pop a potion. I was grinding through the levels on one-handed / two-handed even though I'd invested no perks in them. It's a testament to the combat that this was still fun, though it's probably a weakness in the game's actual RPG credentials).

Nope. Nope nope nope. Can't make it work. Its going to be a completely different game shoehorned into TES' setting.

That... actually seems pretty good. The question is, how much money?

Pretty cheap really, could've been worse. I was expecting at least $10

Same. If I hadnt already deleted Skyrim after an exhaustive playthrough, I might have bought it. You snooze you lose Bethesda.

I wonder how long till they're done releasing all this DLC nonsense and I can pick up a GOTYE.

Back