Fatties on airplanes controversy

it's called first class. in other words the consumer should pay for it
Basically. Even if there was a plane with all wider seats every ticket would be more $$ for whoever wanted to fly on that one. Same thing as 1st class. Pay $$ to upgrade from squished seating. If you are big you wouldn't have a choice. No ones fault but something they may have to live with just like any other accommodation or adjustment they make in their life that others don't have to face.

Basically. Even if there was a plane with all wider seats every ticket would be more $$ for whoever wanted to fly on that one. Same thing as 1st class. Pay $$ to upgrade from squished seating. If you are big you wouldn't have a choice. No ones fault but something they may have to live with just like any other accommodation or adjustment they make in their life that others don't have to face.

yep. char

How the hell does he even fit into those seats? Or even the seatbelt? Plus the extra cost of fuel, safety hazard etc. Yeah, lose few pounds fatty.

They're probably all smuggling kilos and kilos of coke anyway. The war on drugs necessitates their expulsion from commercial airlines.

I can't possibly imagine what kind of day-to-day difficulties it would present to feel cinnamon sugar swirls in every bite but by golly I sure as hell can judge people who do

Fixed.

I'm sorry.

They're probably all smuggling kilos and kilos of coke anyway. The war on drugs necessitates their expulsion from commercial airlines.

And don't forget hiding bombs in their folds.

I used to be really fat (like 11-14), but then puberty kicked in now I eat 50 times as much and am skinny and muscular.

I love puberty, these fat people should get it.

I'm a larger fella (though certainly not as large as the guy in the OP pic, god damn how the **** is the plane still flying?) and it sucks flying anywhere. Those seats are uncomfortable and too narrow. I used to care if I was bothering the person next to me (though I still fit in my own seat, its a close shave) but after reading this thread, I don't give a shit anymore. **** all you guys. I'm going to get fatter and sit next to you on planes just to piss you off for being cockbags to other people. Do you guys get this pissed off when midgets or paraplegic war vets cant be seen over a countertop where you work? ****ing people making your life difficult because of things they can't help or could have avoided by making different choices.

i agree with people should eat less or nothing at all until they are slim but i think we have a solution for the meantime

K64050-01.jpg

Hey hey look at me I've never had severe emotional issues regarding something as simple and everyday as food and I can't possibly imagine what kind of day-to-day difficulties it would present to feel such a deep guilt with every single bite but by golly I sure as hell can judge people who do

Seriously, fat people! Ha ha ha

I don't condemn fat people. I just want some of them to be able to perceive a certain reality.

That reality being: You're big and you get in the way.

Bear in mind I am referring to what we consider the morbidly obese. Being "husky" or on the larger side isn't something anybody has a problem with, I would hope. But if you find yourself filling two seats on a bus or a plane, there are practical issues with your weight. Not everybody can get away with an excuse reverting to their genetics, I'm afraid.

Krynn, do you have to ride a rascal on the daily journey down to your mailbox because the trek on foot would be exhausting? Because those are the people I'm thinking of.

95% of fat people are fat because of bad eating and living habits. Genetics of course do play a role here, but alot can be controlled. Just as the skinny guy has trouble in getting bigger so the fat ones have more trouble than getting thinner, i'm not denying that. Although much is possible if one has a will to change.
I've witnessed skinny people getting bulky and fat people getting skinny, because of rigorous changes they made to their lives. I'm saying that in most cases you can better your condition, if you don't it's mostly your own fault/laziness.
Therefore in the majority of cases you have no legitimacy to claim yourself a victim.

And if you're asking where did i get those numbers...my ass told me, it's a very good statistician.

Krynn, do you have to ride a rascal on the daily journey down to your mailbox because the trek on foot would be exhausting? Because those are the people I'm thinking of.

No, I'm fully mobile with my own bodily means.

And I don't mean to say that people like that don't get in the way, or shouldnt do something about it, but the contempt displayed in this thread for people like that kinda shocked me.

If only seating was done on a weight basis. Then all the fat people could be sitting next to each other, all the skinny people could be sitting next to each other, and everybody gets to fly!

No, I'm fully mobile with my own bodily means
Your title says otherwise though. Are you sure you have never bought a scooter from the Scooter Store because of yer prodigious gird loins?

*fatty*

And I don't mean to say that people like that don't get in the way, or shouldnt do something about it, but the contempt displayed in this thread for people like that kinda shocked me.

Well I apologise for any inappropriate comments I may have made, if I have made any.

Hey hey look at me I've never had severe emotional issues regarding something as simple and everyday as food and I can't possibly imagine what kind of day-to-day difficulties it would present to feel such a deep guilt with every single bite but by golly I sure as hell can judge people who do

Seriously, fat people! Ha ha ha

Judgement isn't even part of this debate, although I get that people ITT have gone down that route. If you need two seats, you need two seats; it's a physical problem.

EDIT: Absinthe said it first! hjsdf

Obesity is a disease. It is currently the most common and debilitating disease in the US and we treat it's victims like pariahs.

I felt sorry for him until that part. Then i remembered how i lost 15kg in two months. Then i laughed and posted this.

He should absolutely have to buy more than one seat. Several, in fact. As soon as that plane gets going he's gonna barf everywhere and then the horde will be swarming all over the place. I mean, come on! It's not our responsibility to seat them, is it?

Yes, they will spawn behind the bathroom door and hundreds will just rush out.

As a person who used to be heavy, but through my OWN DETERMINATION, lost weight, I hold no sympathy for fatties

I saw a guy at work the other day. He was beyond morbidly obese, he was probably mortally obese.

I used to work at a pool. When someone like that came in, you could see their flesh colored cottage cheese shifting back and forth because of the whirlpool jets.

I'm tired of all these mother****ing fatties, on this mother****ing plane.

Snakes-on-a-Plane.jpg

Look at this. LOOK AT THIS. THIS is how much space they require.

I'm not going to start on "oh my god he's so fat he should totally loose weight" but in fairness the guy in the first post is two seats wide. It would only make sense for him to buy and sit in two seats. That's not discrimination, it's being practical. Talking about it being or not being his fault, whether he controls it or not, whether he feels ashamed of how much space he's taking up or whether he will react with moral outrage over the suggestion that he should try to slim down doesn't make any difference to the simple fact that that man would easily fill two seats and as long as he isn't, he's a burden to anyone trying to pass by him on the aisle, particularly the stewardesses.

I'm not going to start on "oh my god he's so fat he should totally loose weight" but in fairness the guy in the first post is two seats wide. It would only make sense for him to buy and sit in two seats. That's not discrimination, it's being practical. Talking about it being or not being his fault, whether he controls it or not, whether he feels ashamed of how much space he's taking up or whether he will react with moral outrage over the suggestion that he should try to slim down doesn't make any difference to the simple fact that that man would easily fill two seats and as long as he isn't, he's a burden to anyone trying to pass by him on the aisle, particularly the stewardesses.

Exactly.

It's like if a gay couple came over I'm no longer allowed to use the word "gay" in a context such as "that's just gay" when I'm pointing out the silliness of my friends.

Sometimes it's just people being a little overly sensitive. We're not exactly targeting anyone, we're just looking out for everyone's best interest.

Society doesn't change for us, we change for society. Don't expect everything to be going your way every time.

It's like if a gay couple came over I'm no longer allowed to use the word "gay" in a context such as "that's just gay" when I'm pointing out the silliness of my friends.

oh dear god

That kinda answers many questions about America for me, thanks :E

I watched it all. Looks like a good movie.

^ Yes, you would like it. It was an HBO mini-series based on a book.

I gotta get that book, since I prolly wouldn't be able to watch the series.

Using 'gay' as an insult isn't offensive to gay people, it offends linguistics itself. No one is offended that people are using 'gay' negatively. They're offended that you have a barely tweenage ability to describe negatives. It's used in the same way that as a six year old, I called another kid a 'condom' after hearing the word and realising it meant something naughty.

Regardless, you're making it sound like there's some kind of deep seated tradition of the use of the word, instead of it being a faddish slang-term churned out by the current generation. I don't agree with the level of offence a minority of people think it causes, but it's not exactly a usage I ever expected to be tearfully defended.

That kinda answers many questions about America for me, thanks :E

I watched it all. Looks like a good movie.

Yeah, don't find your answers from a youtube video of a show.

Using 'gay' as an insult isn't offensive to gay people, it offends linguistics itself. No one is offended that people are using 'gay' negatively. They're offended that you have a barely tweenage ability to describe negatives. It's used in the same way that as a six year old, I called another kid a 'condom' after hearing the word and realising it meant something naughty.

Regardless, you're making it sound like there's some kind of deep seated tradition of the use of the word, instead of it being a faddish slang-term churned out by the current generation. I don't agree with the level of offence a minority of people think it causes, but it's not exactly a usage I ever expected to be tearfully defended.
It's strange because only an hour before I read his comment, I heard a 'commercial' on the radio about not using the word 'gay' to describe something that isn't good.

The scenario was 2 girls at a party. One girl was like, this party is gay. And so the football player guy comes in and tells them a brief history of the word and tells them that it's not nice to use the word negatively, and then he leaves. The girls say (in different words), "Oh no, that handsome and cool football guy won't like us any more."

Or something. That is all.

Back