Films: Rate and Discuss

I didnt really think of the 2012 end of the world crap when I watched it.

It was another message that clearly doesnt get through to the masses as you're too busy mocking it's bad acting and predictable story to care.

*sigh*

I want off this rock asap so I can watch everyone realise their own stupidity right before its too late. And then fly around the world with a big sign trailing behind that says ''I told you so.''

Toy Story 3 - 9.5/10

A brilliant film, I loved every second of it and only a far too hot cinema reduced my enjoyment. Well written, funny, good pacing and plot.

American Psycho - 9/10

I definitely need to watch this again before I can pass judgement, however.

Capturing Mary - 10/10

I love you, Maggie Smith.

Black Dynamite- 10/10. Words can hardly describe this awesome blaxploitation homage. Watch it now.

Salt 5/10

It seemed like the story was always on the verge of delivering something entertaining and meaningful but repeatedly missed the mark. This most certainly isn't "Lady Bourne" .

I didnt really think of the 2012 end of the world crap when I watched it.

It was another message that clearly doesnt get through to the masses as you're too busy mocking it's bad acting and predictable story to care.

*sigh*

I want off this rock asap so I can watch everyone realise their own stupidity right before its too late. And then fly around the world with a big sign trailing behind that says ''I told you so.''

Are you saying that the world will actually end in 2012?

Living in a free world as we know it may end in 2012, once Meitrayer takes seat of world government - but I certainly wouldn't say the physical existence of Earth ends at 2012. Maybe a century later lol.

The Losers - 8/10

Mindless action flick. It seems Chris Evans is doing everything in his power to make me not like him. I really want to like him, I think he could be this generations Tom Cruise. But he's making it really hard. Always the same cocky douchebag character (which can work well in a lot of movies), only this time with more of t3h gay. Still, well shot and well edited, which I think saves it. As cornball a movie as it is, it was decently paced and didn't distract you with things like a plot or anything. I mean, there was one, but it's not like you needed to pay attention to it is what I mean. Decent little popcorn flick.

Has anyone else watched Salt yet ?, my friends keep telling me i have high standards but i'm sure its just a really bad movie.

i've not seen it but i thought it looked generic and crap :|

and its also been getting mixed reviews so it aint just you

The Losers - 8/10

Mindless action flick. It seems Chris Evans is doing everything in his power to make me not like him. I really want to like him, I think he could be this generations Tom Cruise. But he's making it really hard. Always the same cocky douchebag character (which can work well in a lot of movies), only this time with more of t3h gay. Still, well shot and well edited, which I think saves it. As cornball a movie as it is, it was decently paced and didn't distract you with things like a plot or anything. I mean, there was one, but it's not like you needed to pay attention to it is what I mean. Decent little popcorn flick.
You should be a video game reviewer. :p

Princess Mononoke - 9/10

Great film. Seen it three times now, and I may watch it again before the end of the month.

Inception 9/10

Awesome movie! It felt like Mission Impossible, the Matrix and Memento. But at the same time it felt really original. Whomever casted the actors for these roles did a really good job because I liked all the characters and they acted very well. Action was very great, CGI was great, story was perfect and I followed along perfectly. Also from what I know there was no plot holes that I can think of. By the end of the movie it felt like I woke up from a nice long dream and my friends and I all agree that this could/should be Movie of the Year

Inception 9/10

Awesome movie! It felt like Mission Impossible, the Matrix and Memento. But at the same time it felt really original. Whomever casted the actors for these roles did a really good job because I liked all the characters and they acted very well. Action was very great, CGI was great, story was perfect and I followed along perfectly. Also from what I know there was no plot holes that I can think of. By the end of the movie it felt like I woke up from a nice long dream and my friends and I all agree that this could/should be Movie of the Year

Maybe not plot holes exactly, but the premise didn't hold up to much scrutiny. What is with all the rules? Why does gravity transfer from one level to the next, but not from that level onwards? The movie is filled with all sorts of little rules that are just made up? How do people share dreams? How does an architect design a dream for someone else?

Book of Eli - 8/10

Always been a fan of movies with Denzel in and this didn't disappoint for me. The action scenes were enjoyable, the story was unique (can't really think of any other similar movies off the top of my head anyway) and I never could have predicated that ending, at all.

Maybe not plot holes exactly, but the premise didn't hold up to much scrutiny. What is with all the rules? Why does gravity transfer from one level to the next, but not from that level onwards? The movie is filled with all sorts of little rules that are just made up? How do people share dreams? How does an architect design a dream for someone else?

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing since I saw it as well. The more I think about the rules, the more they unravel.

That would be almost as bad as counting how many times Star Wars movies breaks the laws of physics. To me the movie was great and I don't want to break it down to understand it any more or less. It is what it is

Toy Story 3 - 2/10

Just entirely underwhelming. If I had had my way, I would never have seen this in the first place, but there was a small cousin that I had to entertain. Fragmented, all over the place, it seemed like a movie with an agenda - way too much shit to cram in, way too many characters, locations, whatever. A rushed collection of various scenes and characters that are somehow still uninteresting.

Sorry you couldn't follow the story cuz of all the darned characters :LOL: You really thought it was a 2/10, or is this exaggerated due to it's universal acclaim?

Dan said:

Yeesh, I disagree, if the film needed anything it was less boring explanations of everything forever. Seemed like every other bit of dialogue was "this is cuz this and this this this." It was necessary with such a complex idea, and that's why I thought it would be a more successful series. And some of the rules, like that gravity one wtf, were a bit too blatant to ignore.

2/10 - Did not have Sundance awards on the cover.
picture.php

Inception - 8/10.

Thoroughly enjoyable! An interesting if not groundbreaking concept, great casting (you are all lying pieces of shit if you think you wouldn't totally do Joseph Gordon-Levitt and oh goodness Ellen Page grew up into a babe) and some solid action. Aside from the plot/mechanic flaws that have been mentioned, and the occasional point where the film had to grind out pretty obvious explanations to things, it was all rather excellent, although it did feel a bit like Batman: The Wacky Dream Sequences.

And yes, you dickwads, I really thought Toy Story was a 2/10 - I didn't enjoy the vast majority of it, it was both convoluted and predictable (I don't know how either) and HAHAHA LOOK BUZZ LIGHTYEAR IS NOW A SPANISH PAEDOPHILE AND WOODY IS STILL A BORING SACK OF COWBOY BULLSHIT

Yeah let's all yell at KA because he didn't like a movie for three year-olds

Actually...

Most kids that saw Toy story 1 and 2 when they first came out. Now without a doubt those now, older kids would obviously want to see the next one in the series, so in a way, it's not only directed at kids, but the now grown up kids that saw the first ones.

I still haven't seen it so I can't really comment on the matter. :frog:

Inception - 8/10.

Thoroughly enjoyable! An interesting if not groundbreaking concept, great casting (you are all lying pieces of shit if you think you wouldn't totally do Joseph Gordon-Levitt and oh goodness Ellen Page grew up into a babe) and some solid action. Aside from the plot/mechanic flaws that have been mentioned, and the occasional point where the film had to grind out pretty obvious explanations to things, it was all rather excellent, although it did feel a bit like Batman: The Wacky Dream Sequences.

Ellen Page was always a babe. That voice. Those inflections.

Juno was an obnoxious bitch but I'd do her.

JUNO 2/10 WORST CINEMA EVER GUESSED THE ENDING WHAT GARBAGE

Inception - Really Really Good/10
Exceptionally interesting film. It's worth watching just to turn over the concepts in your head. I can't think of much to say without blurting out spoilers, but it's a film that's fantastic to just think about and to discuss what happened/didn't happen with someone. I have just one complaint:
There is a question of if things are real through the entire film. It would have been a nice subtle thing to speculate on and debate without the last scene. But they really, really didn't have to hammer home that question with the kids and top at the end. It just seemed way too forced when the rest of the film is about subtlety.

Zombieland - 7.5/10

A bloody, funny movie. You've got four average Americans battling against a whole bunch of zombies: there's the typical nerd obsessed with WoW that writes tips in his notebook on how to survive the zombie apocalypse, the masculine guy from the country who's obsessed with finding a Twinkie and knows a thing or two about firearms, the hot girl who is adept at scamming people and being untrustworthy, and her twelve year-old sister. What a perfect group. Comedy ensues.

If you're expecting a lot of zombie action, however, you'd be disappointed. There's only a few parts in the movie where you'll see zombies getting killed, mainly at the ending. Most of the movie involves the four companions traveling to a specific location which is believed to have no zombies: Pacific Playland. They have some brief encounters along the way, but when they do fight zombies, you'll be awed by how impressive and believable the special effects are.

TL;DR: Four average Americans travel to Pacific Playland, encounter a few zombies, and have a good time. I would recommend this movie. By all means, see it.

Kick Ass - More like Ass Kick, HEH

Awkward, disjointed, and more or less pointless. Hitgirl and Big Daddy had a nice dynamic going, but this is downplayed far too much in favour of just watching her swear and kill people (which are both the best action scenes and the dumbest), and Dave's "Peter Parker but even more of a wang" real life antics. There's so much about this movie that is just downright stupid, even by superhero movie standards, hell even by action movie standards, that I really can't comprehend how it got such a free pass just for being "cool."

Oh, Nick's "batman voice" was goddamn hilarious, though. :D

Also,
nice sequel bait at the end there. Oh, wow, you mean the guy you've been grooming the entire movie to be the follow-up villain - who now has a very good reason to hate the heroes - and who you blatantly left alive at the climax... is going to be the villain?!?!?!?!

WHAT A SHOCKING REVEAL. :eek:

Back