Films: Rate and Discuss

Very well then.

I haven't been watching any movies at all lately so I've got nothing else to say.

edit: god damn it jul3 stop with the edits ffffffffffffffffff

Uh... to make this post not entirely dumb I rewatched The Bourne Identity last night but fell asleep cause it was late but...

The Bourne Identity - 8.5/10...
Perfect action/thriller movie, the car chase and the scene where Matt Damon ****s that dude up with the pen is just so awesome.

What?

Take in part the weak and fairly predictable plot and distinct lack of character building, the movie as a whole warrants a healthy 8.6. It is the visual splendor of IMAX 3D that pushes it forward onto a whole new level. In IMAX, it feels like you could literally step into the grid. There’s depth and proper use of the effects that jump out at you. Shots are composed with depth and style, and the shot-for-3D look reminds you that this is how 3D should look.

Can't wait to see Tron but it'll have to wait for DVD as my wallet is empty for some time now after having to splash out on a new vid card :(

What?

Take in part the weak and fairly predictable plot and distinct lack of character building, the movie as a whole warrants a healthy 8.6. It is the visual splendor of IMAX 3D that pushes it forward onto a whole new level. In IMAX, it feels like you could literally step into the grid. There’s depth and proper use of the effects that jump out at you. Shots are composed with depth and style, and the shot-for-3D look reminds you that this is how 3D should look.

You're nuts. Are you one of those people that give any "pretty entertaining" game or movie an 8.6? Do you realize how high that is? That's near perfection.

Tron was entertaining but smashed together, vague, and full of inconsistencies. In all honesty, it didn't even feel like a full movie, it was much more of a visual and audio showcase, which is fine, but not something that warrants an 8.6

JEFF BRIDGES HAS AN UNEXPLAINED SUPERPOWER HE USES AT THE END TO ABSORB ALL OF THE GRID INTO HIS BODY.

some stuff about the plot
It's not unexplained. I think it's called retribution or something. When Cora and Flynn are talking, Flynn talks about how Old Jeff could destroy Clue if he wanted to, but Cora points out it would be at the cost of himself and the whole grid. Bullshit it may be, unexplained it is not. I pretty much agree with your whole assessment though. It's one of those movies where they just throw in a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't fit because it'll make a few people smile (****ing Daft Punk cameo, horseshit). It also has pretty poor pacing and never really feels climactic as it should. And the slowmo, god, the slowmo. Plus, I guess to just continue the tradition of having the name of the movie be somewhat relevant, the whole Tron being the evil ninja is incredibly forced.

I'm sorry I spoiled the complex and intricate plot of Tron Legacy.

Paranoid Park: 7.5/10
Great shots, interesting story (love the way its set up and played out) and okay acting. Gus Van Sant has a gift.

Dear Zachary: ?/10
One of the most emotional movies I've seen. If you want your heart ripped out, stomped on, dusted off and then shredded again, watch this. Well worth it. I'm not giving it a number because I really don't see how anyone could watch this movie and not come out of it with a negative feeling (as in "the movie was crap," not "I feel bad" because you will feel like shit).

Planes, Trains and Automobiles: 8/10
Do I really need to say anything? Great, great movie. RIP John Hughes.

I'm sorry I spoiled the complex and intricate plot of Tron Legacy.

I guess that makes it okay to spoil the major plot points then eh? Good work. Seriously. Spoil it then be a complete douche about it.

ZZ6DD17317.jpg

ACTUAL PHOTO OF ZT AT THE TRON LEGACY PREMIERE, Come on look at that face, the movie def deserves an 8.6

I still have to see the movie, but I knew that the movie was going to be plagued with a weak story. I still want to see it though.

You're nuts. Are you one of those people that give any "pretty entertaining" game or movie an 8.6? Do you realize how high that is? That's near perfection.

Tron was entertaining but smashed together, vague, and full of inconsistencies. In all honesty, it didn't even feel like a full movie, it was much more of a visual and audio showcase, which is fine, but not something that warrants an 8.6

Since when is an 8.6 near perfection? We're not even in the 9-something bracket to even consider that type of merit. The way I judge and score movies may not be the same way you and everyone else does. An 8.6 is great, a B on the report card, and a very enjoyable cinema experience I wouldn't hesitate seeing again. And 8.6 coming from me, I find myself rather choosey when it comes to movies and games critiquing, so yes - completely warranted.

Horses for courses, mate.

I guess that makes it okay to spoil the major plot points then eh? Good work. Seriously. Spoil it then be a complete douche about it.

Sure it does. I don't mind spoiling the plot to Micheal Bay movies either, because you're not supposed to give a shit. It's ****ing Tron. I could've apologized, but it's not as if you would un-know the spoiler I'd said. You would've seen it a mile away anyway, it's literally the only way Tron could be in the movie.

Edit: Aw **** it, I'm having a shitty day. It honestly was an accident and I hope it doesn't ruin the movie for you (I don't imagine it will).

Since when is an 8.6 near perfection? We're not even in the 9-something bracket to even consider that type of merit. The way I judge and score movies may not be the same way you and everyone else does. An 8.6 is great, a B on the report card, and a very enjoyable cinema experience I wouldn't hesitate seeing again. And 8.6 coming from me, I find myself rather choosey when it comes to movies and games critiquing, so yes - completely warranted.

Horses for courses, mate.

You should work in games journalism.

Sophie Scholl: The Final Days

A true story about a woman named Sophie Scholl who was an anti-Nazi activist in Germany towards the end of the war, and is about how she was interrogated, tried in court, and executed for handing out leaflets, along with her brother and others. I haven't cried while watching a movie in a long time, but this story broke me. I loved this movie.

Since when is an 8.6 near perfection? We're not even in the 9-something bracket to even consider that type of merit. The way I judge and score movies may not be the same way you and everyone else does. An 8.6 is great, a B on the report card, and a very enjoyable cinema experience I wouldn't hesitate seeing again.

This. I don't even consider a 10 as being the perfect movie, there is no perfect movie. There is always room for improvement.

-

Transformers & Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 7/10

In my long 16 years in this world I have never had any contact with anything Transformers related. Before yesterday.
To be honest they were alot like Avatar; amazing CGI effects with pretty bad acting & a mediocre storyline.
The main guy, Sam, he's just awful. I dislike him immensely, his acting is unbelievable, his characteristics & personality don't sit well with me at all. He's a just a douche, that's all there is to it.
Megan Fox, her hotness makes up for inability to act. Unfortunately.
The Transformers, they were awesome. Hugo Weaving as Megatron was great, I thoroughly enjoyed his performance.
But unfortunately I can't take any film by Michael Bay seriously, since watching this, lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvhMb4ccm7o
So yeah, 7/10. They're not great films. But the CGI makes up for it. I'm glad I came in late too, because now I only have to wait less than a year until I can download the last in the trilogy, Dark of the Moon.

Re-watched Inception with a blond friend of mine and I didn't have to explain much at all to her it was awesome. I also felt more goosebumps watching this in the winter time probably because it was colder but it felt like a dream even more with less people around. I kid you not two DVD players broke while watching this movie. originally one wasn't working to well before but it crapped out on us, then we switched to another and that died and then finally we used her laptop. Otherwise it was excellent even the 2nd time watching

I had a rewatching of Avatar.

Uh.... the battle scenes were awesome, and the colonel is still certainly my favorite character. I didn't realize it a year ago, but the movie is actually kinda cringe-inducing.

Aliens bursting into flames as napalm rockets hit their unholy bastion (the giant tree), and the land being cleansed with purifying fire is very very nice, but everything else was meh....

I dunno why this is now. I think a better movie would center on the colonel as the protagonist and have him kill aliens for 2.5 hours.

I think a better movie would center on the colonel as the protagonist and have him kill aliens for 2.5 hours.

I would approve of a an Asylum version of Avatar done in this fashion, if only to piss off the tree hugger fans of the movie.

Uh.... the battle scenes were awesome, and the colonel is still certainly my favorite character. I didn't realize it a year ago, but the movie is actually kinda cringe-inducing.

Aliens bursting into flames as napalm rockets hit their unholy bastion (the giant tree), and the land being cleansed with purifying fire is very very nice, but everything else was meh....

I dunno why this is now. I think a better movie would center on the colonel as the protagonist and have him kill aliens for 2.5 hours.

This post could not get any more numbersesque.

The only way Avatar could ever be watchable is if that character were to spend it killing re-spawning versions of you.

Apocalypse Now - This was probably amazing as hell in 1979. Good war movie.

How to Train Your Dragon - Just a few minutes in, I knew I was going to love this movie. I thought it was quite funny and the characters were likable. It's a bit childish and sappy, the plot is cliche, and the climax ending was a little embarrassingly 'feel good' (which had the opposite effect on me), but damn it, I loved this movie.

The only way Avatar could ever be watchable is if that character were to spend it killing re-spawning versions of you.

That.. that's not nice. How would you feel if I actively wished to watch you and your many copies getting brutally slaughtered?

Now go watch Lost in Translation or whatever artsy movie that you think is worth your oh-so-honorable eyes to see.

Apocalypto - 8/10

Amazing movie, don't know why I waited so long to see it.

That.. that's not nice. How would you feel if I actively wished to watch you and your many copies getting brutally slaughtered?

Now go watch Lost in Translation or whatever artsy movie that you think is worth your oh-so-honorable eyes to see.

:) You tell 'em Numbers!

-

Toy Story 3 - 9.5/10

I love Toy Story. & this is no exception for Pixar's brilliance. Best kids animation made to date, hands down.

Samon is like the new Simon Cowell, at the beginning he was just an old annoying fart bitter about everything because that's just what he was, now since the audience(rest of hl2.net) are taking notice and react to it, he's now putting on a show and over acting and it's just incredibly lame.

Samon is like the new Simon Cowell, at the beginning he was just an old annoying fart bitter about everything because that's just what he was, now since the audience(rest of hl2.net) are taking notice and react to it, he's now putting on a show and over acting and it's just incredibly lame.

At first I felt sympathy for the Salmon (misspelling intended) character, the possibility of a twisted backstory was intriguing, but now I find him whiny & annoying.

In which case there's only one thing left to do. And it's done.

But the difference is, it was over five years ago. So now, there's no acting, no ostentatious posts for the purpose of being a Cynical Character (if that was ever the case) - it's just pure ****ing derision that constitutes my posts.

hey salmon EXCUSE ME but um y are u such a meenie i just want to talk aboout movies n stuff but u keep yeling at me n makin me feel all bad!!! wat i ever do 2 u???? anyway u shuld stop makeng fun of peoples opnions becoz they r like SUBJEKTIV n stuff and u hav no rite to tell them they r rong becoz u r the 1 who is rong so ther!!!!!!!!!!!11

he was just an old annoying fart bitter about everything because that's just what he was
The sad thing is, the 'act' clearly worked if you're buying that.

It may interest you to know that Samon Cowell is also not a major beneficiary of profits from Sony Music Entertainment. He has also never appeared on an animated cartoon show that jumped high enough over the shark to consider getting him on.

Inception - 7.75/10

Good, but I was hoping for more crazy world folding and maze-type stuff, instead of a not-so-exciting love story/memory.

Back