Game of Thrones thread with lots of books spoilers inside spoiler tags

glad to of helped you come to understand that some important characters with a lot of interesting traits are going to be around later on in a massive series of books, so cheers?

Come on guys, knut totally saw who was going to live coming so it should be obvious to everyone. Clearly you're the dickhead money for trying to enjoy a TV show when there are better people here who read buks and such and want to talk about those.

amazing. side with the logic that is basically as mental as saying ''i saw cersei in the trailer for season 2, i am all spoiled forever'' - what happens when you see the spoiler for season 5 and cersei is once again there? what's the difference? i've said it up front because it's as obvious as ****ing... well, i won't say because i'll just get jumped on all over again, but...

it's as obvious as ****ing jon snow still being around four books later. she's a big character, she is the presence in king's landing that isn't tyrion, who is working basically against her. beg my pardon for thinking people had some common ****ing sense.

sometimes i think the whole thing that people say about not getting too invested in a song of ice and fire characters is so ****ing far fetched. guys, don't take it too seriously - the book does need some continuity and past-invested characters to keep the narrative going. just coz old foolish ned got his head chopped off OMG SO SUDDEN AND OUT THE BLUE sharon i'm so surprised doesn't mean everybody else just falls onto a sword in the next book/series

It appears like Jojen and Meera Reed won't appear in season 2, which I think is a crock of shite. They're ****ing essential to Bran's story.

Lot of people think that their exposition is going to be offloaded to Osha.

Stannis looks like he should be Davos, and Davos looks like he should be Stannis. :p

Stannis looks a bit too friendly, but Brienne looks great. Was afraid they'd make her beautiful despite all.

Also, I'm glad Robb is in this season, despite not appearing in the book. Telling his adventures second-hand was one of the major flaws of the novel.

Which book was it where Dany had her boob hanging out all the time? I can't wait for that season.

Which book was it where Dany had her boob hanging out all the time? I can't wait for that season.
I think that's Qarth in the second book, but it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't bother with that particular fashion for Dany.

Davos looks fecking awesome though and Brienne looks pretty badass in that pic.

HBO posted this picture in their "Valentine's Day 2012" Facebook photo album.

419480_10150664562203933_113408673932_11011139_1680622551_n.jpg

Gotta love those twisted bastards.

I think red gold usually means an alloy of copper and gold, like this coin:
bKBRT.jpg

Melisandre looks absolutely radiant. The Red Witch, indeed. Everyone else is looking great, too. I am so excited for Season 2.

hadisuhduhsaduihasiuodhsauo

so good to see the crew looking so happy about their jobs. this is looking to be the season 2 equivalent of boardwalk empire - exposition is over, let's just get down to ****ing business

new trailer on HBO Go last night, standard quality at the moment. recommend waiting for higher quality, but it's still incredible either way

Yeah that trailer got me all excited. Very well made trailer to be honest, watched it twice in a row and had goosebumps the whole time. Hopefully the HD version comes out in a couple days.

Y'all gotta get HBOGo. It's crystal clear over here. ;) An excellent trailer, although I freaked out harder at the earlier teaser. April 1st can't come fast enough.

My sister finished watching season 2 this weekend, says it is indeed awesome. Hopefully she sends me the discs soon.

No, she's a film critic. She's gonna be at the big launch event and will nab me free stuff :D

I really want to know what that Knight falling off the wall is all about, it's been in both trailers.

there have been so many new trailers recently that i keep thinking this is broadcasting in like a weeks time. there's another month yet, shit sucks.

It's strange that Arya isn't featured more, seeing as she seems to be a fan favourite along with Tyrion.

Well she's pretty frequent in that trailer given that they didn't even show a few POV characters whatsoever. My main problem is that is shows pretty much no one but Stark, Lannister, and Daenerys, but I guess they're only giving out familiar faces.

Having literally just finished CoK I'm quite perplexed by some details of that. As some one mentioned, what is that scene with the guy getting knocked off a wall? I don't remember anything like that in the book. And Cersei talking about punishment for sins? There's no dialogue like it in the book, I think, and her character never says anything about or even indicates feelings that are remotely remorseful and guilty. And I keep seeing Robb go crazy over some girl, but that is most definitely not in the book. I suppose the scene where he talks to Jaime is meant to replace the equivalent scene where Catelyn talks to him in the book. What the hell does Robb say there?

They added a few scenes in the first season too (remember Cercei talking with Robert in his office or Ned being a bit more of a warrior?). I reckon the soldier falling off the wall is something they added for Dany.

They probably added Robb's girl because he is so very uninteresting and in-the-background in CoK.

Also, is that House Martell they show with the spears? I don't remember Dany meeting them in the book yet.
That would be the Unsullied I think. Looks like they're introducing them one book/season early.

Good thing we're in the Game of Thrones Spoiler Thread, otherwise all these people who are just watching the show would be annoyed with you guys who keep talking about future events and people.

Hodor is put to death for molesting Bran.

Rather nice, though I think the cranium's a bit excessive.

Hey, so, anyone understand what Robb said in that trailer?

which one? the new one, or the one that was new a couple of days ago? because yeah, there is yet another trailer out over at http://winteriscoming.net/

stupidly excited for this over and over and over again... tempted to watch season one, again, even though i only recently finished watching it... again.

Yeah, they definitely exaggerate her temper, as she never really loses it in CoK. I do remember her using the princess line specifically, I think in regards to the bigwig merchant who hosts her in Quarth.

And yes, I was referring to the earlier trailer and yes I'd still like to know, if anyone understood it, what Robb said. In any case, it pisses me off quite a bit, as I can't think they'd invent a romantic subplot involving him in the show unless it happened in the books eventually, IE: book 3 spoiler goddamnet.

Can you link which trailer? But if its the line i think it is ,
Lannister ( I think ) " Three victories doesn't make you a conqueror"
Stark - "Better than three defeats"

Yeah, they definitely exaggerate her temper, as she never really loses it in CoK. I do remember her using the princess line specifically, I think in regards to the bigwig merchant who hosts her in Quarth.

And yes, I was referring to the earlier trailer and yes I'd still like to know, if anyone understood it, what Robb said. In any case, it pisses me off quite a bit, as I can't think they'd invent a romantic subplot involving him in the show unless it happened in the books eventually, IE: book 3 spoiler goddamnet.
Well, seeing as Robb was hardly in the second book at all, it's understandable that they will want to flesh out on what little there is, as he seems to be a major character in this season.

Back