George Lucas: No more star wars movies and it's all your fault!

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
For any fans awaiting future "Star Wars" films from George Lucas, it's going to be a long wait. The creator of the famed series says he's not going to make any more of these movies and that he's essentially retiring. And for that he blames the harsh feedback from certain fans.

"Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?

HUZZAH!!! ding song the witch is dead

"On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie," Lucas says. "I'm saying: 'Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.'"

ok then quit whining when people have legitimate gripes about your shitty decisions

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/george-lucas-talks-star-wars-critics/story/feature/

That's a shame, man children and bandwagoners have been ridiculing him for too long.

That's a shame, man children and bandwagoners have been ridiculing him for too long.

boohoo. he put himself out there he should know what he's getting himself into. also it's not like the criticism aimed at him isnt valid

"On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie," Lucas says.

Wait what?

Best news I've heard all day. Which isn't saying much...

Tenacious: You are now aware that in the original releases, not only did Han shoot first, but Greedo didn't even fire a shot.

Yay, and since he is retiring now he won't **** up Indiana Jones further.

He was ****ing up everything. We have narrowly avoided Star Wars episode 3.5; with Shit Lebif as a young Han Solo.

Edit: 1000 post woot

He's done? He's REALLY DONE?!

YES!!! Now if only the old **** would release a Blu-Ray version of the original trilogy without all his shitty post-post-post-production editing.

I don't think there needs to be any more really.

That being said, I actually like the newest 3. Not the best movies by any stretch, but still enjoyable to watch.

But the edits to the older ones are ****ing stupid.

Hallelujah. I'm going to hold him to this.
... or legitimate Star Wars fans have been ridiculing him because of that abortion of a new trilogy and his incessant need to make changes to the original movies which were pretty much perfect to begin with?

no I meant all of it. sick of star wars and everything to do with star wars,. waaaaaay too over saturated in the market

the incessant hatred for the more recent trilogy is melodramatic at best. they are still entertaining movies, but a huge letdown from the bar that the original trilogy set. but everybody needs to get the hell over it. watch mr plinkett's review, laugh about it, and then don't watch them again.

but on the other side, the constant re-edits and digitalization and extra sccenes and all that bullshit... that's what is annoying about this guy. make more movies, sure, they don't sully the magnificence of the original trilogy. but when you literally do just that, well, people develop a legitimate gripe with you.

anyway good riddance

the incessant hatred for the more recent trilogy is melodramatic at best. they are still entertaining movies, but a huge letdown from the bar that the original trilogy set. but everybody needs to get the hell over it. watch mr plinkett's review, laugh about it, and then don't watch them again.

but on the other side, the constant re-edits and digitalization and extra sccenes and all that bullshit... that's what is annoying about this guy. make more movies, sure, they don't sully the magnificence of the original trilogy. but when you literally do just that, well, people develop a legitimate gripe with you.

anyway good riddance

Pretty much this. I understand that people bemoan the new trilogy so much based on the legacy of the originals but god lord I'd watch the new trilogy a dozen times over if it was the choice of that and some new "franchise" like Transformers or Pirates of the Carribbean. The new trilogy is practically a masterpiece saga in comparison.

Don't care what anyone says, I'd kill for an entirely new trilogy set in the KOTOR timeline.

The main problem Id have with that I think is who the **** theyd pick to act in it.

Even thinking about it is painful.

Don't care what anyone says, I'd kill for an entirely new trilogy set in the KOTOR timeline.

Timothy Zahn's Admiral Thrawn trilogy would easily rock everyone. It's a great story that has well-written characters and high potential for filming. Also smoking hot redheads.

So does this mean that Star Wars Live Action TV Show is done for? Underworld or whatever? Not that it would have been good.

I thought he would release 3D versions of all six movie...?

Timothy Zahn's Admiral Thrawn trilogy would easily rock everyone. It's a great story that has well-written characters and high potential for filming. Also smoking hot redheads.

I would've said the same if everyone were a little younger, all of the actors from the original trilogy are way too old and fat now.
It probably could have worked if they came out in like 94 or 95.

Yay, and since he is retiring now he won't **** up Indiana Jones further.

Unfortunately Lucas said his 'retirement' will come after his WWII effort due out, and the next Indy film, so we're not escaping that easily

I would've said the same if everyone were a little younger, all of the actors from the original trilogy are way too old and fat now.
It probably could have worked if they came out in like 94 or 95.

Ah, damnit, you're right. Not to mention Mark Hamill's face got skull-****ed by a car. Alas...

Come to think of it, Lucas might get involved. So no great loss, then.

Does this even matter? The damage is done. Thanks, George.

The main reason why Lucas and the new Star Wars movies tanked is because the original trilogy was so groundbreaking and successful that over the years he became a god to himself and others. He was GEORGE %^$!& LUCAS, so no one (working on the films) would dare question his desires and choices for the newer movies no matter how ridiculous they were...

the original trilogy was so groundbreaking

lol ya in merchandising, in marketing etc but otherwise they were shitty movies; shitty acting, hammy script, corny plot devices, space opera cheesy melodrama etc. The first one worked because it was basically a homage to saturday morning matinee serials. the second one worked because it was directed by someone else and the third one was pretty much an excuse to do merchandise tie ins. despite the massive following you'll never find any of the original trilogy in any film critics top 10 films. the problem isnt that george lucas got to big for his britches; the problem is that people made him what he is. he's not a very good film maker, he was just at the right place at the right time. everything he's done after the first movie pretty much confirms this

lol ya in merchandising, in marketing etc but otherwise they were shitty movies; shitty acting, hammy script, corny plot devices, space opera cheesy melodrama etc.
You've said this before and I still disagree. I watched the Star Wars films with a supreme disinterest in the franchise, but found them to be quite good.
you'll never find any of the original trilogy in any film critics top 10 films.
So because they're not in film critics' lists of top 10 films of all time that means they're shitty movies? k

They were good. Not 'top 10 movies of all time' good but nowhere near 'shitty'.

Say what you will, The Empire Strikes Back is one of my top 10 favourite films.

best of the 3 but I wouldnt put it in my top 100 list. I admit I'm probably a little biased because I'm just so ****ing sick of star wars. it's literally everywhere. what's worse is that people put it on an overblown pedestal as if it's the second coming or something. I mean I loved the movies as a kid but that was quickly replaced by raiders of the lost ark which is by far a better film

The original trilogy are great young adult fantasy films. There are not a lot of great fantasy trilogies out there geared towards children and young adults, especially science-fantasy, so that is why I feel they get and deserve the praise. The difference between the original trilogy, and the new trilogy, is that the new trilogy are NOT good young adult films. (Nor good films for anyone, period)

I feel that people who jump on the "hate even the original trilogy" bandwagon (aka ****ing hipsters) totally ignore the purpose of the movies. Yes, if you compare them on more mature standards of course they are retarded, the same would apply to Dark Crystal, Lord of The Rings, ET, The Never Ending Story, etc, etc. Name just about any great young adult film and look at it through a mature perspective and you're bound to find things wrong with it, no shit.

These films, including Star Wars aren't meant to be complex, and why should they be? Star Wars was never that dark or deep. They ARE films for children and young adults. Yes it was a space opera, yes the acting was cheesy, but they served their purpose well above the standard. Not to mention these "faults" are part of what gives the films charm.

kids find the original trilogy boring and prefer the latest trilogy for one reason alone: jedi. there's little jedi action in the first 3 in comparison to the last three.

my 8 yr old son while watching Empire Strikes Back just as the imperial guys are attacking the ...hoth base on ice mountain

"finally! some action!"

the real purpose of this thread was so that stern can bitch about his stupid feelings about star wars some more

keep it up stern :thumbs:

also sorry to hear about your kid, it must be tough to deal with ADHD :(

the real purpose of this thread was so that stern can bitch about his stupid feelings about star wars some more

keep it up stern

also sorry to hear about your kid, it must be tough to deal with ADHD

hey look Yuri trolling yet again. also attacking my family from the safe distance of your armchair? stay classy yuri. not that I expect anything different from you

relax, i was just joking. went too far though, heres an apology.

sorry :eek:

Back