Grilled Cheese Appreciation Thread

Gentlemen I do believe there's a lynching in order. GET MONKEY!

Referring to the OP, I don't understand why some people cut sandwiches into triangles. Is it so you think you're eating 2 sandwiches when you're really eating one cut in half? :p

Also, fried cheese > grilled cheese

Is that Monkey getting fried in your avatar? :p

Referring to the OP, I don't understand why some people cut sandwiches into triangles. Is it so you think you're eating 2 sandwiches when you're really eating one cut in half? :p

Also, fried cheese > grilled cheese

You know how the edges have all that crust, and the center is a glob of cheese. It sort of dries out the cheese in the center or something. I don't do it though, it's partially for show so I don't take the time when cooking for myself.

actual%20virgin%20mary%20grilled%20cheese%20sandwich.gif

I like me some grilled cheese with ham in the middle.

Microwaved cheese sandwich. cba with other shit unless there's soup involved, which it usually isn't.

I sometimes make my grilled cheese with the fallopian tube of a walrus, topped with the bile from a gophers gallbladder, and piled high on whole wheat bread. I cook it in my cave oven, and spice it up by having my dinosaur, Asshat, take a massive dump on it.

Grilled Cheese with tomato soup is absolutely amazing. It's such a shame that everything about it is so calorie dense though. Could easily sit and eat a stack of grilled cheese with a couple bowls of tomato soup when starving if it weren't so terribly bad.

And all the diarrhea that results. Lactose intolerance sucks.

I've never been a huge fan of the grilled cheese my dad makes but everything in this thread looks/sounds delicious!

Unfortunately I have high cholesterol even though I'm skinny, not old enough to have it, and always trim the fat off my meat... darn genetics. So I probably shouldn't eat too much cheese/butter.

Oh come on, who makes grilled cheese with that yucky fake cheese? Real cheese is much better.

Ennui, the sandwich looks good. I'm getting ready to raid the kitchen.

I'll have to pick up some cheddar soon and try that with Tabasco sauce.

m81lwh.jpg

No love for the toasted sandwich maker? Far faster, and much easier to clean!

Holy ****, I'm going to eat an image.

They knew just how to make the sandwich look sexy, showing a little cheese.

I find myself absolutely entranced by your choice to use a custom font last few months, KA. A non sequitur, to be sure--but bravo, man.

He's actually been doing that for years :p and he is notably the only person on any forum ever that I don't hate for doing it.

btw currently making another grilled cheese as a result of reading my own thread while hungry at 4:52 in the morning...

He's actually been doing that for years :p and he is notably the only person on any forum ever that I don't hate for doing it.

btw currently making another grilled cheese as a result of reading my own thread while hungry at 4:52 in the morning...

He's the only person I don't silently curse for it as well, haha. Years I guess... time flies. About to eat a grilled cheese myself after seeing this thread again. I'll be a FattyMcFatterson soon if it stays bumped.

I prefer real cheese.
Then why did you use that shitty fake plasticy stuff for the photos?

Also toastie makers are indeed the way to go KA, buttering the outsides of the two slices as Darkside described.
And they aren't all called "grilled cheeses", they're toasties. The range of fillings goes far beyond cheese.
Ever tried a chocolate toastie? That's a damn tasty dessert. Marmalade toasties are nice too.

There's nothing wrong with sliced cheese for these purposes, if I'm actually eating cheese with crackers or something I eat good cheese, but for a sandwich sliced grocery store cheddar does me fine :p

Although I do want to try making a nice goat cheese and garlic grilled sandwich, maybe on sourdough bread.

Also in America we call a grilled cheese a grilled cheese so long as it involves the frying pan (or toaster oven / whatever you use to "grill" it), cheese, and bread. Other ingredients can go into it with meat or whatever but it's still a grilled cheese.

Aye, I make it Ennui's way as well--it's legit grilling the way we interpret it here.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is one goddamn tasty grilled cheese. We buy really nice cheeses (they're everywhere in Wisconsin!) and I can fix some epic grilled cheese with spices and aged, sharp cheddar blocks, made locally (and bread made down the street with natural ingredients). This thing is goddamn godlike.

There's nothing wrong with sliced cheese for these purposes, if I'm actually eating cheese with crackers or something I eat good cheese, but for a sandwich sliced grocery store cheddar does me fine :p

Also in America we call a grilled cheese a grilled cheese so long as it involves the frying pan (or toaster oven / whatever you use to "grill" it), cheese, and bread. Other ingredients can go into it with meat or whatever but it's still a grilled cheese.

But I'm saying you can make delicious toasties entirely without cheese, in which case the name makes no sense at all.

Oh, and for a summer I worked in a factory that blends that kind of sliced cheese, supplying it for McD, KFC, BK, Subway etc. for all of Europe. Ick.

But I'm saying you can make delicious toasties entirely without cheese, in which case the name makes no sense at all.

Oh, and for a summer I worked in a factory that blends that kind of sliced cheese, supplying it for McD, KFC, BK, Subway etc. for all of Europe. Ick.

Hence why it's awesome to live in Wisconsin (er, sort of). Real, locally made aged cheddar sharp. That's a real, all American *scoff scoff*, grilled cheese ingredient.

Ah you get that sort of stuff over in Europeland too, I'm just grossed out by the plasticheeses.

One of the few foods I'm incredibly picky about is cheese, because I grew up on amazing cheeses. I completely agree.

If that's individual slices of "American Cheese" labeled as cheddar I may have to start thinking less of ol' Ennui.
emot-eng99.gif

I appreciate grilled cheese and do not discriminate between the cheese.

If that's individual slices of "American Cheese" labeled as cheddar I may have to start thinking less of ol' Ennui.
emot-eng99.gif
I was wondering how he got such a large and even slice. Maybe he has enormous blocks of cheddar and an enormous cheese slicer.

I was wondering how he got such a large and even slice. Maybe he has enormous blocks of cheddar and an enormous cheese slicer.

Right. If it's actually some form of block cheese and not store bought slices he has to have one hell of a cheese slicing implement on his hands (or just some damn good knife skills)--I want one.

Habeas corpus! He most show us the cheese, or he must show us the slicer.

Come, Ennui. Innocence doesn't fear public scrutiny. He who trembles at this moment is guilty.

****, I love me a cheese and ham toastie. Cheese and chicken is ****ing great too.

Might get a subway later whilst in town and get it toasted. Nicely toasted.

Cheese wire could slice cheese like that.
In fact it does.

Aye we had one, but I broke it on the toughened outside of some aged cheddar. Saddest day of my life.

Habeas corpus! He most show us the cheese, or he must show us the slicer.

Come, Ennui. Innocence doesn't fear public scrutiny. He who trembles at this moment is guilty.

Hear, hear

Thanks to all this cheese talk I had a cheese and ham toastie earlier using my toastie maker. It was toastie :)

My nickname at high school was cheesetoast.

And I have been waiting my entire life for this thread.

Microwaved cheese sandwich. cba with other shit unless there's soup involved, which it usually isn't.

Eugh! Sounds soggy.

And Raziaar -- your commitment to the cheese despite your biological shortcomings are commendable. Commendable to the point where I might say you are literally tolerant of lactose. Bravo, good sir.

Back