Grilled Cheese Appreciation Thread

I just had 4 grilled cheese toasties. Not my favorite, actually. More of a thing I eat when I don't know of anything else or can't be bothered with anything else. Normally I use white bread, grated cheese (works better than slices), ham and of course: Heinz ketchup! Today, I only had brown bread and no ham :(

And I'm not sure what a smore is but it looks pretty disgusting :\
What the ****? Honestly, what do you know? A great number of your posts are just an expression of ignorance to one thing/person or another.
I have tasted chocolate from around the world. I've eaten chocolate from France, Sweden, Spain. I have eaten chocolate from Central America, the land of Mayan Gold. I've eaten the finest chocolates from African cacao that are $30 per little f*cking square. Can you say the same?

And you know what?

I STILL ENJOY HERSHEY'S CHOCOLATE. GET OUT OF HERE YOU AIN'T NO CHOCOLATE CONNOISSEUR. MY TASTE OF CHOCOLATE SHITS ALL OVER YOURS. WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT EATING A PIECE OF CHOCOLATE THAT IS COATED IN ACTUAL GOLD FLAKES? GET OUT OF HERE SON.

Hell yeah bro.

I have tasted chocolate from around the world. I've eaten chocolate from France, Sweden, Spain. I have eaten chocolate from Central America, the land of Mayan Gold. I've eaten the finest chocolates from African cacao that are $30 per little f*cking square. Can you say the same?
UK, German, Swiss, Belgian, French, Spanish, Italian, Indian, Sri Lankan, USA, Australian all except Indian in the country rather than imported stuff. As for imports I've also tried south american and middle eastern as well as a bunch of other european types.
Hershey's is one of the least impressive I've ever tasted.

Also since chocolate toasties are fantastic this is relevant to the discussion.

I've had chocolate from the UK. German, Belgian, and Italian. I've had Indian. I have not had Sri Lankan or Australian.

I'm not saying Hershey's is the best by ANY means, or that you can even rank it highly among chocolates, I'm just saying I still enjoy it. I can go and pick up a Hershey dark or milk chocolate with almonds for like 70 cents and still think it tastes good. It's not on par with expensive imported chocolate but I wouldn't call it "poopiedung." That's insulting chocolate, man. You can't insult chocolate.

Unless it's white chocolate. F*ck white chocolate.

Galaxy is some pretty amazing chocolate. ;)

And I'm not sure what a smore is but it looks pretty disgusting :\

You think everything looks disgusting, no offense.

And Hershey's chocolate is fine. Quit being haters.

****ing A man, cheese is the best food on the planet. You know what I hate? Here in the US they don't sell semi-hard white cheese like they do in Venezuela. RJMC knows what I'm talking about...

You want to know delicious? Grilled Cheese is great, but try THESE on for size. Here's a pic of what it looks like on the inside

I still haven't found the proper cheese here in Texas to make them... and I curse America for it!

****ing A man, cheese is the best food on the planet. You know what I hate? Here in the US they don't sell semi-hard white cheese like they do in Venezuela. RJMC knows what I'm talking about...

You want to know delicious? Grilled Cheese is great, but try THESE on for size. Here's a pic of what it looks like on the inside

I still haven't found the proper cheese here in Texas to make them... and I curse America for it!

Go find a whole foods market or some shit, you'll be able to find all sorts of cheeses.

I have looked EVERYWHERE. I even went to mexican markets, they have similar cheeses, but they all fail in the end.

That looks like a cheese stick of some sorts. Looks nice and flaky. Dip that bitch in some herbs and pizza sauce. **** yer, I'mma have to find out how to make that.

Hey, I'm Irish what do you expect?
That's your excuse for everything!

-You just killed someone!
-I'm Irish, what do you expect?

-You smell pretty nice
-I'm Irish!

Show us your green cheese

That looks like a cheese stick of some sorts. Looks nice and flaky. Dip that bitch in some herbs and pizza sauce. **** yer, I'mma have to find out how to make that.

That's your excuse for everything!

-You just killed someone!
-I'm Irish, what do you expect?

-You smell pretty nice
-I'm Irish!

Show us your green cheese

Those are called Tequeños, they're a venezuelan food and they are awesome. You usually dip them in ketchup (like fries) or tartar sauce.

Or eat them on their own, because they're freaking delicious.

I've had some of those out of the frozen food isle, they're alright. Grilled cheese is better though. Speaking of which I got some wheat bread (not that grainy shit), smoked gouda, and pepperjack cheeses.

And I've now read 10 pages on grilled cheese. I feel, enlightened?
Seriously though, Lea and Perrins isn't getting enough credit, great stuff!

Bumping this on behalf of this amazing grilled cheese I just made on the skillet, complete with tomato soup. Love it.

Those are called Tequeños, they're a venezuelan food and they are awesome. You usually dip them in ketchup (like fries) or tartar sauce.

Or eat them on their own, because they're freaking delicious.

Tequenos? Thanks, I'll try to find a recipe for it.

Never heard of a Tequeno before. Have heard of taquitos though which are great.

oh god, brainfart....didn't mean to make a post.

"GRILLED CHEESE" in a Toastie Machine
1) Turn machine ON.

2) Fetch desired ingredients.

3) Assemble ingredients

4) Butter outside of bread.

5) Place sandwich in machine.

6) Wait 2 mins and take in the awesome smell.

7) Open her up, take the sandwich out, and put on plate.

8) Cut in half, neatly present...

9) Take a D- Um, Eat it.

never been a grilled cheese man, i prefer a plain old cold cut sammich topped with salt and vinegar chips.

They're awesome, but you should only use bread, cheese and mayonaise :)

Back