groundbreaking science discovery

"jump" "blow" "get high"

He is just begging to come out of the closet in a glitter jumpsuit with a pound of cocaine.

It's been known for years that LandoverBaptist is a troll forum, pretty successful one at that. What's scary is that it's easy to believe that people actually believe and think these things.

Troll forum or not, that read was hilarious.
sgr0008l.jpg

Yeah it made me giggle too. I love it when non-scientists try to explain sciency stuff that they don't understand. It's cute.

k thnx for getting me excited that it was going to be an actual discovery and not some troll post

This makes me sad.. look at the first post below the OP in that thread:

I am always looking for got science experiments for my boys homeschooling.

I feel bad for those children.. This is depressing.

3) Get High!
Ok, this one you really can't do at home, but you can do it out in the world. Stand on the ground and look around you. What's the farthest you can see? Maybe it's a building, tree, or mountain. Now, find some place very close to it where you can get a much higher vantage point. (This also works if you're on a jet and about to take off.) Notice how in the higher place you can see much farther? You can see more of the world the higher you get. This shows the world is flat because the higher you go, the easier it is to see over obstacles. At the same time, it shows the world cannot be spherical. Because if the world was curved, the far distance would forever remain out of view because of the Earth's curvature. It would eternally be over the horizon.

LOL I used to think the same thing as a kid. Well not the flat earth part, but wondering about the curvature of the earth. I thought that if you could get rid of the low visibility and have everything perfectly clear, you could see the back of your head because of the curved earth.

k thnx for getting me excited that it was going to be an actual discovery and not some troll post

Haven't you learned anything? It's not a real scientific discovery if there's no NASA countdown.

Obvious troll forum is obvious, but man was that funny.

How the hell do they explain orbital spaceflight?

With a thread title like that, you didn't get suspicious that it was a joke?

WHOA he's right I'm not falling off the Earth, and you people are calling this hero a troll. Shame on you!!

However like all posts that retardedly stupid it always worries me that I can't quite tell if it's actually a troll or someone being serious. :S

This is some really high-quality trolling. Like holy shit, is this for real?

Yeah, I am quite impressed how elaborate the site is. I could only find one concession in the terms of service. Makes me wonder how many people joined out of outrage/agreement.

i heard the Vatican claimed that the small sect of Christian believers who still think earth is flat are crazy.

I knew with the first reply it was a troll forum, nobody is that dumb. The OP didn't make me laugh, but this reply did.

Water is another problem for round-earthers; If the world were round, even if there were gravity, it would all just flow to the bottom.

Ah, Landover Baptist Church. One of the finest examples of Poe's Law.

i heard the Vatican claimed that the small sect of Christian believers who still think earth is flat are crazy.

The Vatican are actually pretty advanced on scientific matters that don't involve contraception.

No Brother it certainly is not any time tomorrow here let alone 4pm, because it is my today!-> Pm me as to the results. ;-D

And Gosh, we certainly don't go around walking nor dancing on ceilings like that negroe man Lionel Richie sings about.

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow

Troll or not, I still lost control of my head and head-butted my bowl of cereal. Back into the shower I go...

Even the Mooselims know the Earth is flat.
They face East and pray to some big rock in Mooselimville. If the Earth was round then the Prayers would go into space.

Haha.

And

flatwrld.jpg

rounwrld.jpg

You can't explain that!

Only crazy people do not believe that the Earth is flat. Another good experiment is bouncing a ball. The ball come back straight up like it does if you bounce it on a table. If the Earth was round the ball would bounce away like if you bounced it on a larger ball.
Why would we be pulled towards the center of the earth? Isn't the sun much bigger, according to you? Wouldn't we fly up into space every day when the sun rises?

If you were to stand in the flat bed of a truck going 75 mph, and jump straight up, what would happen? You wouldn't fall straight down. You would fall out of the truck. That's because trucks move, the Earth doesn't.
You are moving with the Earth though! :LOL:

I seriously hope you're right, though I'm doubtful.

The fact that people this stupid/blind survive and prosper horrifies me.

Poe's law, named after its author Nathan Poe, is an Internet adage reflecting the fact that without a clear indication of the author's intent, it is difficult or impossible to tell the difference between sincere extremism and an exaggerated parody of extremism.

The statement called Poe's law was formulated in 2005 by Nathan Poe on the website christianforums.com in a debate about creationism. The original sentence read “Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is uttrerly [sic] impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won’t mistake [it] for the genuine article.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poes_law

I don't think you understand what a pun is.

It was a pun because I was thanking God, which was kind of the subject here.

Nevermind.

It's sad that something that tries so hard to be outlandishly satirical can be interpreted as actaul crazy ass religious people. That's how crazy they are.

perhaps pun isn't the word i'm looking for.. my language skills are shit.

Horst: Homer, could we have a word with you?

Homer: No.

Horst: I must have phrased that badly. My English is how you say...inelegant. I meant to say may we have a brief, friendly chat?

Homer: No!

Horst: Once again I have failed. (Reading from a German-English phrasebook) We request the pleasure of your company for a free exchange of ideas.

Homer: (Yelling) No!

Back