halflife2.net News Posters

StarMonkey

ValveTime Admin | Mighty Pirate
Staff member
Reaction score
Firstly, we'd like to thank everyone who expressed an interest in becoming a news poster for the site. When we've asked in the past, we've only had a few people show interest, and we appreciate everyone who posted on the most recent thread for being willing to give their free time to help out with the site.

After some discussion between the staff members, we've decided on a list of the following 5 people who will be posting hl2 news for us:
Abom|nation
Apos
SpuD
synth
PistolOnly

We may be adding more in the future, as the release date gets closer, and news becomes more freely available.

Thanks again to anyone who expressed an interest in helping out.

halflife2.net staff.

Also, the 5 people mentioned in my first post - you will now see an extra (secret) forum. Please have a look at the news posting guidelines that will be posted there shortly :)

Wow.. just wow!

Thanks alot, I won't let you all down :D

Just a request: Please don't post HL2 mod-related news. I know there are some good mods being worked on right now, but I don't wanna know about the every day. Thay why I never visit those other HL2 sites.

My preference with mods is to leave them alone unless they are releasing actual content for download, or have a good interview with a reputable corporate media site (i.e., a gaming mag or gamespy or something). I'm not a huge fan of an endless stream of weapon model renders.

Course, now all we need is some news....

Originally posted by Apos
My preference with mods is to leave them alone unless they are releasing actual content for download, or have a good interview with a reputable corporate media site (i.e., a gaming mag or gamespy or something). I'm not a huge fan of an endless stream of weapon model renders.

Course, now all we need is some news....

Yeah, I couldn't have put it better myself. :)

Of course when a new mod is released you should post it, but I really don't feel like seeing a brand new M4 render every single day.

I am sure you will all do well :)

btw, have you got around to deciding who the new moderators are, or are the newsies moderators too??

Originally posted by mrBadger
I am sure you will all do well :)

btw, have you got around to deciding who the new moderators are, or are the newsies moderators too??

That would be nice *Cough* ;)

I would rather like to be a moderator personally :p

You wouldn't happen to be hinting anything, would you ;) :p

Originally posted by mrBadger
I would rather like to be a moderator personally :p

You wouldn't happen to be hinting anything, would you ;) :p

Not at all, and I seriously hope you thinking about retracting that comment. It hurt my feelings.

;)

Sweet, I just saw this. Ill do my best! Ill try to make the news very clear and informative, this way there shouldnt be tons of arguing. Thanks very much for accepting me.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Just a request: Please don't post HL2 mod-related news. I know there are some good mods being worked on right now, but I don't wanna know about the every day. Thay why I never visit those other HL2 sites.
I agree, we should have a mod updates when 1 or more comes out saying: Mod x finished, download it here. But not Mod x just got 5 new team members and 3 new model renders blah blah blah. Just in my opinion.

Congrats! This site just grows and grows. Maybe it'll be the PHL of Half-Life 2, hehe. Or at least second place.

I think the only thing keeping this site from being ahead of PHL was the lack of news. Of course this will no longer be the case, give em hell guys. :thumbs:

congrats!

At last the new site is up and the news start flooding in :) good luck all newsposters.
:cheers:

Back