Helplife2.net, why do girls take shots at you when you least expect?

Don't even talk to her anymore. Sounds like a real ***** right there, you drive out to get her and her friends and she jabs you. She isn't worth the time, more fish in the sea buddy.

ready for the best advice ever?

you play the drums, get a band together and find a groupie to have unprotected sex with. preferably a hood rat.
I told some chick at the club last Friday I was a drummer in a band, and my mate was the guitar and vocals. I told her I'm double bass with wicked solos. I don't even know what the f*ck that means. She ate it up anyway.

Felt good, man.

@VH - attention from you makes her feel important, she enjoys talking to you and sharing your company, and she enjoys the sense of emotional leverage she has over you when both you and her boyfriend are around. I'd say it's 100% certain that she knows you like her, but she doesn't respect you so **** it.

This. If she treats you like shit after you drive ages to take her and her to the mall, that's probably a sign that she's a tool and doesn't respect you. If anything, you help her vent all her emotional frustations and drama's that she can't vent to her actual boyfriend. She likes you but as a friend.

I'd forget about her.

Also, Van Halen, wtf are you trying to lose your gut for? Everyone knows that fat drummers are the king.

I punch them to the floor, stand on their back and start slamming the door on their head and I'm all like IF YOURE SO INDEPENDENT WHY DONT YOU ESCAPE FROM THE DOOR TRAP?!

Best line in this whole thread.

"It has been scientifically proven that Cinnamon gets people in the mood. ;)"

Thinking she's joking because she has a boyfriend she's "in love" with, I reply:

"Well then keep your cinnamon away from me. XP"

And now her status on facebook reads "Well cinnamon is part of the reason you have love handles."

And she won't talk to me...

I didnt read past the OP in this thread but hey genius, she wants to get with you. So what she has a boyfriend? That hasn't stopped a lot of women. And after she came on to you you told her to stay the hell away, brilliant move.

I was recently having a conversation with a girl I know, and out of nowhere she brings up something about me that she uses to justify her entire outlook on my personality.

Just so you know, I have a bit of a gut. I've been working on it for a year, jogging 3 times a week, doing sit ups every day, but it's a drummer's gut. I usually play drums for about 2 hours a day. (Lately I've been lazy because I've been working a lot, and I'm going on vacation this week) but she randomly texted me saying:

"It has been scientifically proven that Cinnamon gets people in the mood. ;)"

Thinking she's joking because she has a boyfriend she's "in love" with, I reply:

"Well then keep your cinnamon away from me. XP"

And now her status on facebook reads "Well cinnamon is part of the reason you have love handles."

And she won't talk to me...

I wonder how long she's been saving this.

Tell your female horror stories.

EDIT: oh, yeah, she also called me a ninny cause I complain that I don't have any money for anything other than gas and car insurance. (I drive a durango, pay $70 a month on gas, make $8 an hour, and insurance is usually $700 every six months, which I have to pay for before I can get anything else.) and she's now calling me a whiner. I only told her because she lives in another town, which costs me a half a tank to drive back & forth to each time, and she wants to hang out with me every day... I'd swear she likes me if she wasn't so in love with her boyfriend.

wow, really, you're upset because of this? stab her with a cinnimon stick. right in the eye. then poo in her eye socket, that'll teach her not to make fun of your love handles, tubby

It's less about who gets rejected than it is about who tends to gets accepted in their favour. It's a generalisation, of course, but generalisations are often more useful than all of us wonderful, unique individuals would like to believe. I applaud your solidarity with the sisterhood of womankind, but you may as well try to argue that most men don't fall for a pretty face (and baps) either.

There's this concept of the Nice Guy, as opposed to a person who is just nice. A Nice Guy is basically selfish, but claims to be nice, and I think that's what toaster was really talking about, rather than the person who would come along after.

This whole idea feels like a bit of a nonsense thing. I don't think there's any value in the generalisation that women all go for assholes over nice people, partly because we haven't really defined what 'asshole' and 'nice' mean and partly because I don't think it is right to make generalisations about the sexes. Men and women are different, but a lot of that difference is cultural and it's only enforced by these generalisations.

I suspect that many women are probably frustrated and insulted by the idea that they're only looking for 'assholes' that they don't know what's really best, and by the Nice Guys who make such claims about them.

But we're all men on this forum, so most people are probably just going to continue with their silly attitudes towards women.

I've not really expressed my thoughts well at all. But right now I feel like that when it comes to this sort of thing, you're probably going to get what you 'ask' for if you're going around, claiming to be the good guy and that women only want assholes. And likewise if you're going around being a jerk because you think that's what women want, then... well you're just a dick.

Most run ins with women, to me, culminate in a loss of interest. Usually by me...
I jump in, get bored, continue with my previous lifestyle without second doubts. Having the ability to let go so easily makes me feel better about the next, in a way. If they throw themselves to you, then there should be no problem if it doesn't even last an amity agreement. If you want to get what you want, you go for it yourself...

Stupid shit like what the OP experienced should build morale :D

I think it's just a stereotype that women really want assholes, not a real-life rule. People who are dicks might be more confident and that could initially score them some points, but in the end they are still an asshole and unattractive to everyone around them for that reason.

I think the rule is not to be a pussy. Girls don't like pussies (well at least most don't). It has nothing to do with being an asshole but everything to do with sticking up for yourself.

This whole idea feels like a bit of a nonsense thing. I don't think there's any value in the generalisation that women all go for assholes over nice people, partly because we haven't really defined what 'asshole' and 'nice' mean and partly because I don't think it is right to make generalisations about the sexes. Men and women are different, but a lot of that difference is cultural and it's only enforced by these generalisations.
(also @Toaster)

'Asshole' and 'nice' are going to mean different things in different cases, but I think most people will be able to make a common sense judgement on whether someone falls closer to the definition of being 'nice' or an 'asshole'. The generalisation (which I feel holds true) says, more or less, this:
If you're a fairly inoffensive, passive guy, you're probably going to end up with less women than if you're a brash, serial douchebag with a lot of one-liners stored up. Likewise, once you're in a relationship, being abrasive and selfish is often seen as less of a flaw than being terminally flexible and passive.

It's not illogical that this pattern should become established either. Instinctually, women tend to find it attractive in a potential partner for them to be strong and self-sufficient, both emotionally and materially. For a man to display lack of confidence - such as by avoiding conflict with his partner - or display too much need for her validation - such as by acceding to her every want in an attempt to please - is not an attractive sign of emotional independence.

For several reasons, I personally don't think it's a desirable thing to be an arrogant douchebag in order to get women either:
1. I'm not an arrogant douchebag and I'd prefer to be myself.
2. Relationships founded upon an initial Tarzan-like mating display aren't likely to get very far.
3. It's perfectly possible to be attractive without slipping to either end of the Asshole-NiceGuy spectrum.

I can't say I've much experience of being passed over for being a 'nice guy' either, but I have seen other people's relationships work out this way numerous times. I knew a girl who married an asshole wigger who also turned out to be a womanbeating druggie, yet she passes over other pretty cool guys for BS reasons - 'he has a blood disorder', 'he's too old', 'he likes college football' - but mainly, I suspect, because they're not loud and domineering enough, plus she likes the powerplay of being able to turn away guys and have them come running back for more without complaint. I've seen several examples of girls ditching genuinely nice, interesting guys simply because they didn't provide enough conflict in the relationship. The stated reason would be that the 'spark' just wasn't there - but that masks the fact that the 'spark' they are talking about is sexy arguments and angry making-up sex!

I agree that it's a cultural thing. IMO people are too addicted to drama and they don't appreciate the status quo - and I think this also explains why men repeatedly become so-called 'cuddlebitches', because they actually come to secretly enjoy the bittersweet tang of being so near and yet so far. But I still think it happens often enough to be acknowledged.
I suspect that many women are probably frustrated and insulted by the idea that they're only looking for 'assholes' that they don't know what's really best, and by the Nice Guys who make such claims about them.
Sure, but what has that got to do with it? I try not to feel offended when I hear some blanket statement about the superficiality of men, if only because I know it holds true for a significant number of cases. Most people, regardless of sex, choose their partners rashly or poorly. I don't think it should make a difference whether they like to be told that or not.
But we're all men on this forum, so most people are probably just going to continue with their silly attitudes towards women.
To be fair, the main reason this thread is full of that kind of attitude is because the target of hate in the OP is a girl. If this was a thread by a girl, about how guys say that they appreciate her 'nice personality' but always seem to go for her big-breasted vacuous friends instead, then there wouldn't be any lack of misandrist sentiment either.

For the record, I'll repeat that I'm not saying I think it's a good thing to be a twat in order to get women. My point is that being hyper-considerate and passive can be treated as as much of a flaw as being a dick, when (depending on the other facets of the guy's personality) it's not necessarily much of a flaw at all. Furthermore it opens you up to emotional exploitation.

People generally believe that girls don't want nice guys for one or several of the following reasons:

1. The belief that basic human decency should be grounds enough for a woman to throw herself at a man; no personality is required beyond that of being "nice"
2. The belief that if a man is nice to a woman, then she is obliged to sleep with him
3. The belief that if a man is rejected, the woman clearly wants an asshole; who would reject such a nice guy?
4. The belief inherent to all humans that our own motivations are just and pure and there is truly very little possibility of us being anything other than nice guys

Theres a whole thread over on SA about this, simply put: Nice Guy Syndrome.

Goes out of his way to be nice, and when the girl is all "Oh you're so sweet" or something of that variation he hears that as "I WANT YO DICK". When the girl ends up rejecting him or starts dating an "asshole" he flips out and starts telling himself that the girl obviously doesn't know what she wants and is also an "asshole".

My best friend is what you would call a "nice guy". Well, thats a bit unfair to him hes been improving but he still pulls out the whole "nice guy" card every now and then.

there's a big difference between being a "nice guy" and a doormat. in my experience, the men who complain the loudest that women dont like nice guys they like assholes are actually doormats.

women dont like assholes. women like men with self confidence. it just happens that some men think self-confidence means they have to act like an asshole or egotistically. but ya when a guy bends over backwards to please a woman that they're not dating ..well that pretty much signals that he is in fact a door mat and has little to no self confidence "well maybe if I do this she will like me" kinda thing. now dont mistake being a nice guy for the sake of being a nice guy with being a doormat. men can still do things for women without being percieved as a doormat. you just have to ask yourself whether you would do the same for a male or ugly female friend. if the answer is no, then you're a doormat

Wouldn't doormats just kind of sulk about it though when the woman in question ends up not returnin duh luv?

"Nice Guys" actually think that they really deserve the woman's affection for just being nice and get really ****ing angry about it.

This is of course unless your doormats also get angry for no god damn reason then were talking about the same thing.

Wouldn't doormats just kind of sulk about it though when the woman in question ends up not returnin duh luv?

sulking might accidentily reveal that they are secretly in love with their feamle friend ..doormat knows not to tip the friend zone/hot chick balance scales

"Nice Guys" actually think that they really deserve the woman's affection for just being nice and get really ****ing angry about it.

This is of course unless your doormats also get angry for no god damn reason then were talking about the same thing.

yes however most guys are "nice guys". Being an asshole is difficult to maintain 24/7. the doormat is what separates nice guys into two distinct catagories

Or more realistically she'll be completely naive about what a bitch she was being and won't care either way.

this.

Edit:

yes however most guys are "nice guys". Being an asshole is difficult to maintain 24/7. the doormat is what separates nice guys into two distinct catagories

Wrong.

Guys, I'm not always there to listen to her. Sometimes I just say **** it, and don't pay much attention at all to what she's saying, then she gets upset and cries on me, and, though I feel like a dick, my stubornness will not allow me to care.

I have read through the thread, and I think what Laivasse said is correct. I'll move on from this. I've dealt with bitches before, and just said **** them, never to speak to them again (Though they're still friends with my other friends) and I always hear stories about how they miss me. I win.

An No Limit, you wouldn't fully understand my predicament unless you knew the girl. She's not one to cheat. She constantly talks about how much she loves her boyfriend, but whenever she's mad at him, everyone else is the outlet to hear how stupid, ugly, emo, and satanic he is. When I think about it, I wouldn't care to even know a girl that does that, so **** it. I don't care anymore. Thanks for the... uhm... Love and support. :p

She has also sexted me before. I made the mistake of taking her seriously through it, and then she thought i was a weirdo. She's curious about sex, but she doesn't think of me that way. She just wants to use me to answer some of her questions about it, and I can't have that. I'm knocking her off my list. I think some of you are forgetting how old I am.

women should always have it in the back of their minds that you'd sleep with them if given the opportunity. even the ugly ones. however it should also be known that you will not bend over backwards to sleep with her because there's plenty of fish in the sea and they are interchangable at the drop of a hat. this of course does not apply when in a relationship

now dont mistake being a nice guy for the sake of being a nice guy with being a doormat. men can still do things for women without being percieved as a doormat. you just have to ask yourself whether you would do the same for a male or ugly female friend. if the answer is no, then you're a doormat
x10

Oh God I'm agreeing with Stern wat.

Van_Halen said:
I think some of you are forgetting how old I am.

Not to be insulting, but that's the first thing that crossed my mind when reading your post. Most guys figure this out on their own. If you find yourself frequently rationalising any girl's shitty behaviour, she's not worth it.

As for different types of guys, I think we can sum up the debate thusly:

FTCM01_sk_lg.jpg

vs.

whttank_blkgrafftxt2.jpg

The outcome being that at the end of the day, Gregory Peck always wins.

ss1.jpg

Not to be insulting, but that's the first thing that crossed my mind when reading your post. Most guys figure this out on their own. If you find yourself frequently rationalising any girl's shitty behaviour, she's not worth it.

I found none of that insulting. I've been being a pussy, that's all there is to it.

you wanna lose weight and feel better?? like i said before set up a mall date but completely blow her off. then all time shes waiting for you life some weights and lose the beer belly. whenever a girl pisses me off i go lift some weights, go for a jog or swim, and i feel completely refreshed. before you know it, the next girl will be there for you. stop being the shy guy and go for something worthwhile. just about every guy in the universe that is married had to fight for his wife. it does sound like your the nice guy, but you need to be more enthusiastic about dating, strike up more conversations with other girls you know, and try to hang around more guys. you need some advice from your peers who can help support you

Western pig girls are to blame.

Import from the East.

Because everybody likes girls that look like men.

Turn gay. Its perks include a lack of women, and exceeded happyness.
Side effects include random rainbows petruding from various areas, and lisps.

Turn gay. Its perks include a lack of women, and exceeded happyness.
Side effects include random rainbows petruding from various areas, and lisps.

not to mention gayness and getting butt****ed.

And OP, glad to hear you're not going to be a tool anymore.:cheers:

Western pig girls are to blame.

Import from the East.

Returned due to (mentally) damaged goods.

Really though, the answer is just to find someone you can stand for more then a week at a time, be it here there, or anywhere.

Turn gay. Its perks include a lack of women

Actually the irony is you meet more women.

Faghags.

The word 'hag' always makes me think of witches, so whenever I hear "faghag" I imagine a flamboyantly gay man walking down the street being hounded by wart-faced, green-skinned women on brooms.

Alternatively, a flamboyantly gay wart-faced green-skinned man on a broom.

EEEHEEEHEEHEE

Now I imagine sulk as his avatar but with warts. And green.

And gay.

I don't really have the time or resources to take a picture but imagine that I did.

I'm getting mixed messages from this thread, and I'm leaving for Florida in a few hours, so you guys need to come up with the correct answer soon.>:l

Rape her ****ing ass I swear to god it will work just grab her and bend her over the railing of a boat and rape her c*nt while her head hangs above the water of the Everglades full of alligators trying to devour her face giving her such a rush of adrenaline that her c*nt tightens up and rips your dick off and her c*nt is forced to swallow that dick whole and then you just dump her over the edge as she is devoured by the reptilian beasts and yo uscream out "POOTIE TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG".

also c*nt

Back