HL2.net Arma 2 Ace 2 Information Videos

Thanks Bad^Hat!

Also, man I've been away from OFP/ARMA way too long, I completely suck at ARMA 2 currently.:(

Mainly with aiming over longer distances.

I've been playing Arma for months now and I still suck at hitting targets at distance. Last time we played we were facing off against clusters of enemies about 200-400 metres away, I went through about 6 boxes of ammo for my SAW and killed maybe 5 dudes. :v

I am pondering pussying out and turning on auto-aim for SP campaign.

*Runs from angry mob of ARMA2 HL2.netters!*

Theres no way they're going to make this shit run well on a console. Hell, even the gameplay just won't transfer. Long distance, hell even ARMA's "short" distance firefights are going to be retarded using analog sticks.

Wait, that was about Carrier Command's engine... I don't give a ****.

Theres no way they're going to make this shit run well on a console. Hell, even the gameplay just won't transfer. Long distance, hell even ARMA's "short" distance firefights are going to be retarded using analog sticks.

Wait, that was about Carrier Command's engine... I don't give a ****.

Krynn, OFP Elite on the XB1 played surprisingly well.

Also, I chose not to pussy out, I'll just have to deal with the learning curve for aiming.

Remember to point in the direction you wish for your bullet to travel and then pull the trigger. Common newbie mistake. No need to thank me.

Bought it today, so I'll hopefully be joining you guys for a game sometime soon!

We're going to try to get a game going tonight at around[strike] 9:30-10:00pm EST (8.5-9 hours from time of this post)[/strike]

We don't have very many confirmed ins yet, so please post your availability.

Hopefully Morgs will be ready to play by then, but we could always try for tomorrow or the next day too.

Also, for those interested in Arma and playing with us, I recommend downloading the newly released free version of the game here: http://www.arma2.com/free

And also this patch (this applies to everyone else too, though it won't be needed until we play with the free users): http://www.multiupload.com/LYYUGTGC86

Everyone else, make sure your ACE is updated.

Okay, morgs and sliver can't play so maybe we should just do this tomorrow or the next day. Post here or message me on steam what times you can play.

I'm around all day tomorrow. Whats the patch for? Just to let owners play with the free users?

Also, it wont install because it keeps saying the game isn't installed.

Oh, probably because you have Arma 2 on Steam. Did your Arma 2 update?

Looks like OA is about 5 hours away from finishing, so I should be ok for tomorrow granted I have no troubles patching/installing Ace 2

Oh, probably because you have Arma 2 on Steam. Did your Arma 2 update?

I dont see anything in the news, and my download history is empty, after having my pc on all day. I'll see if a restart gets the patch going in a sec. Also, do we have a written up tutorial for installing/updating ACE yet? Seems like we should do that so new-comers have a guide without us (IE: Vegeta) having to repeat it over and over again. And Morgs, watch the tutorial vids Raz made on ACE, in the OP of this thread.

He did watch them, and even watched some of our gameplay videos.

HOW TO INSTALL AND RUN ACE MOD

1. Go here and download the stable version: http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html
2. Install it and run the Six Updater - GUI shortcut.
3. Wait 'til everything updates and the main window is open and ready to go: http://i.imgur.com/HkyYF.jpg
4. Click the dropdown under the big green button in the top left and select "Install or Update"
5. Wait 'til everything downloads and installs, and your module list in the left should be all green.
6. Close Sixupdater, and open your arma 2 folder (program files/bohemia interactive/arma 2)
7. Check that these folders exist in your root arma 2 directory: http://i.imgur.com/HY1Cl.jpg
8. Go into the @ACE folder, then in the clippi folder. Run clippi.exe. This is a configuration tool where you can change some ACE settings.
9. Click "Change Manual Options" and make sure the Arma 2 OA profile you use is selected:
izgqg.jpg

9b. I recommend checking the first 3 boxes, and leaving the rest unchecked.
10. Click Save and close clippi
11. Now we need to create a shortcut that tells the game to run with the ACE modules. Copy your existing OA shortcut, or create a new one pointing to arma2oa.exe which is located your arma 2 root directory.
12. Add the following to the shortcut line, after ...arma2oa.exe" : -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy -nosplash -world=empty
So your full shortcut should be something like this:
"M:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy -nosplash -world=empty
13. That's it! You're ready to play Arma 2 CO: ACE!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO INSTALL AND RUN ACE MOD STEAM EDITION

0. Make sure you have run Arma 2, OA, and CO (by right clicking Arma 2 OA in steam and launching Combined Ops) before beginning this process
1. Go here and download the stable version: http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html
2. Install it and run the Six Updater - GUI shortcut.
3. Wait 'til everything updates and the main window is open and ready to go: http://i.imgur.com/HkyYF.jpg
4. Click the dropdown under the big green button in the top left and select "Install or Update"
5. Wait 'til everything downloads and installs, and your module list in the left should be all green.
6. Close Sixupdater, and open your arma 2 oa folder (steamapps/common/arma 2 oa)
7. Check that these folders exist in your root arma 2 oa directory: http://i.imgur.com/HY1Cl.jpg
8. Go into the @ACE folder, then in the clippi folder. Run clippi.exe. This is a configuration tool where you can change some ACE settings.
9. Click "Change Manual Options" and make sure the Arma 2 OA profile you use is selected:
izgqg.jpg

9b. I recommend checking the first 3 boxes, and leaving the rest unchecked.
10. Click Save and close clippi
11. Now we need to modify your A2 OA launch properties in steam to tell the game to run with the ACE modules.
12. Right click your OA in Steam and set the launch properties to this: -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy -nosplash -world=empty
13. That's it! You're ready to play Arma 2 CO: ACE! Just run the game by right clicking OA and launching CO!

I'll be around tomorrow, definamundo. Excellatastica. Magni****eracious.

Okay yeah.

Edit: Oh, and they released a "preview version" for Take On helicopters that functions as a mod for Operation Arrowhead. I think it's just meant to give you an idea of how the physics will work, maybe some mechanical stuff, idunno. Only 50mb, might as well see how horribly I fail at it.

http://takeonthegame.com/download/community-preview/

I tried it. You can definitely feel the difference in handling. Also, it looks like there's a working mirror if you look to the bottom left in the cockpit.

That kind of pisses me off... If BIS can get a working mirror with just a mod, why didn't we get this in an update? Why do we have to wait for an engine overhaul, ie arma 3?

I tried it. You can definitely feel the difference in handling. Also, it looks like there's a working mirror if you look to the bottom left in the cockpit.

That kind of pisses me off... If BIS can get a working mirror with just a mod, why didn't we get this in an update? Why do we have to wait for an engine overhaul, ie arma 3?

Is there any way to strip it out of this mod? And should we shoot for 5pm Eastern time to start up?

5pm is good for me, but it might be a bit early for Badhat and Morgs.

Stayed up way too early for some reason, gonna get some kip. I'll be awake in about 5 hours, but as usual I don't mind joining in progress if you've already started.

Whats the current build version? I dont think steam updated the game, but to double check, my build is 1.59.79384.

That's my version as well.

There hasn't been a patch for OA since we last played. The Arma 2 patch has no effect on playing OA/CO.

We are. But I was out with my family and now I'm back, figure we should wait until morgs gets on to play.

Played 3 (4?) games, had a blast. It was a lot more fun once I figured out the basic mechanics and commands, and got the ballistics down. Definitely looking forward to the next session.

sN9AK.png

oQy8e.png

2QJFj.png

Your 3d resolution is set very low for some reason. I don't know how you could see anything, or didn't think it looked way too blurry.

I thought it looked blurry, but figured it was the norm :< fixed it now.

No wonder I couldn't see what the hell you guys were shooting at in the earlier missions.

Okay, got ACE all installed and setup, and watched Raz's tutorial videos now (Great help by the way!)

If you guys get another game going one of these days, please send me a message on Steam if I haven't replied in the thread. Most times work for me since I have vacation.

I am also trying to dig up my old headset and downloading Mumble.

Brilliant. Really enjoyed that mission but the lack of respawns was a huge bother. Especially with ZT around. :v

I am not sure whether this video has been posted or not, but it's a 7 minute gameplay trailer for Arma 3.

It can and will be run with ACE.

Well, good thing I have it all setup to go then.

Does one have to do anything special to run it with ACE on, or is it just to run the mission via the ACE shortcut?

Well, good thing I have it all setup to go then.

Does one have to do anything special to run it with ACE on, or is it just to run the mission via the ACE shortcut?

In case it wasn't obvious to you, you'll want to check for updates for ACE before playing every time, because it gets updated frequently.

Running your ACE shortcut will launch arma with ACE mod. Anything you do ingame will be with ACE enabled.

ACE updates every other friday. Tomorrow there will be an update.

Aight, thanks for the help guys, I'll make sure to run the updater every day when I am about to boot up the game with ACE! That way I'll be ready for your next game.

Back