How do I work for the Republicans?

R

Ricgar

I'm 17 years old and I'm thinking of getting involved in politics. My statistics are pretty well off, and I think I have a chance to get into an Ivy League school. I am currently living in California, and I'm a Junior in HS. I would like to get started on my political career, however, I have no idea where to begin. I wish to work for the Republicans. I signed up to the GOP website some months ago but I realize that it's not really helping. The website doesn't show me any opportunities, just random factoids and some news here and there. Any ideas? Thank you.

Voluntere to help a republican candidate on his campaign stuff
They need all the help they can get and it'll get you started

Ricgar said:
I'm 17 years old and I'm thinking of getting involved in politics. My statistics are pretty well off, and I think I have a chance to get into an Ivy League school. I am currently living in California, and I'm a Junior in HS. I would like to get started on my political career, however, I have no idea where to begin. I wish to work for the Republicans. I signed up to the GOP website some months ago but I realize that it's not really helping. The website doesn't show me any opportunities, just random factoids and some news here and there. Any ideas? Thank you.
Your town/city probably has a Republican party HQ, assuming it's not just a couple hundred people. Find them, and give them a call. You'll most likely start out as a volunteer intern and helping with local campaign issues rather than anything on a national level. If you can gain an internship to a senator or governor's office if you live in the state capital or plan on moving there that'd be great too.

go see europe, take up a new hobby, take up competitive macrome, join a kibutz, ANYTHING but join the republicans! run! before it's too late for the love of god man! think of the children! oh the humanity!

CptStern said:
go see europe, take up a new hobby, take up competitive macrome, join a kibutz, ANYTHING but join the republicans! run! before it's too late for the love of god man! think of the children! oh the humanity!

**** you stern, seriously, I don't care if you're joking or not.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Amen.

------

How can I sign up for an internship, anyhow? I've checked the website and it's business as usual, putting up signs in your backyard or donating, not what I'm looking for.

DiSTuRbEd said:

you're one angry disturbed kinda guy ..you should have someone look into that

Ricgar said:
Amen.

------

How can I sign up for an internship, anyhow? I've checked the website and it's business as usual, putting up signs in your backyard or donating, not what I'm looking for.
You're going to have to give them a call and speak to a real person about openings in the office to do some work like that. Anything on the net is most likely going to be more about brief activism like the signs thing.

Yea, maybe you could just go find politics people at their offices and ask around and stuff.

PERSONAL OPINION
Personally, I'm not to into politics (No offense to anyone who has strong feelings of it.) But they all are pretty much the same bunch of jerks.
PERSONAL OPINION

wow - good thing I didn't answer. Mine involved ankles, a toothbrush, and a bucket of lard.

Adabiviak said:
wow - good thing I didn't answer. Mine involved ankles, a toothbrush, and a bucket of lard.

careful now, the natives are getting restless, they're liable to pounce at any second, I'll create a distraction and you make a run for it ..on 3 .. 2 ...1 RUN!

Why would you want to do that? Republicans are jackasses.

Hmm. Working for the Republicans, eh? Well, I was going to suggest maybe dying in a fire, but I guess your local HQ works fine too.

(just kidding D: )

JNightshade said:
Hmm. Working for the Republicans, eh? Well, I was going to suggest maybe dying in a fire, but I guess your local HQ works fine too.

(just kidding D: )
Hmm..

Look, it's true, I'm not a huge fan of Republicans. My state is being run by one, and most people in it would agree he's f*cked us over pretty well. But I being sarcastic. People like Stern are giving you a hard time, and while I may be "on his side" politically, I say you're asking a legitimate question and you should do what you want to do. So you can make all the connections you want, you can call me a "hippy-dippy liberal" or whatever, but I wasn't going after you.

Ricgar said:
Hehe.

Be aware that a lot of this forum is left wing though (not including myself)

Besides myself you'll only encounter a couple other conservatives that actively post in politics, and even I don't go in there as much as I used to. Everything lately has been "Iraq, 9/11" and there's not much more to debate on that as both sides are firmly planted. I pop in the occasional thread on immigration, video games, or random political things now and then though.

Educate yourself before joining any political party. You're only 17 and have a lot more to learn before closing off your opinions and blindly following the republicans.

I think it's a right choice, just find a guy that involved in politics,and learn from him

Mr-Fusion said:
Educate yourself before joining any political party. You're only 17 and have a lot more to learn before closing off your opinions and blindly following the republicans.
I really doubt they're going to change for someone who knows what their platform really calls for and supports it.

Yeah, a lot of young people are fickle and say things such as "oh my, I'm communist it's great" etc, as they don't seem to comprehend the massive loss of rights and the police state it requires to function, but someone who knows what they're pushing for is highly unlikely to change.

And looking for an internship is far from "blindly following the republicans"

Raeven0 said:
Why would you want to do that? Republicans are jackasses.

So are Democrats.

Both parties eat animal babies as appetizers.

there's actually quite a few intern jobs in washington and probably in your state government too which are a great way to get involved so I'm told. Go talk to the local political science professors at the university closest to you, they might be able to get you set up.

Ricgar said:

Hunt down and assasinate communists or anyone that is more leftist than Margaret Thatcher.

Actually, that might just end your career....... so nvm.

Mr-Fusion said:
You know what assumptions do, right?

For all we know the guy knows everything there is to know about politics.

wait until you go to college, shop around and get involved there
I wouldn't cut off your options so brutally - you'd be suprised what an open mind can do although by your own words (ivy leageue, well off etc.) you seem happy to pander to your own needs :|

Be aware that a lot of this forum is left wing though (not including myself)

Besides myself you'll only encounter a couple other conservatives that actively post in politics, and even I don't go in there as much as I used to. Everything lately has been "Iraq, 9/11" and there's not much more to debate on that as both sides are firmly planted. I pop in the occasional thread on immigration, video games, or random political things now and then though.
I resent that - just because your brand of ass-kissing fascism disguised as a real political aganda doesnt sit well with less blind realpolitik means jack
If you can't defend your agenda how can you cling to it

I hope you are joining so that you may try to effect change there. Going along with their current policies is lose-lose though, so beware.

Maybe start by talking to councilmen/women in your area and get a feeling for the local politics before trying to tackle the problem at a governmental level...Good Luck! (You'll need it!)

CptStern said:

Joke or not, I agree, do anything else but begin a political career.

DiSTuRbEd said:
He's trying to persuade the guy from helping a bunch of f****g war criminals and crooks. If you think the Republican Party are not that then take it to the Polticis forum and expect a rolyal wtf pwning.

The democrats are pretty crap as well, join a decent party that works for the forces of good.

it's ok solaris, it's his life to decide what he wants ..however much I may disagree it's his choice

disturbed's comment was a little excessive and completely out of the blue but I think because of the reasons you've stated many republicans on this board are on the defensive.

CptStern said:
it's ok solaris, it's his life to decide what he wants ..however much I may disagree it's his choice

disturbed's comment was a little excessive and completely out of the blue but I think because of the reasons you've stated many republicans on this board are on the defensive.
I would disagree. It is his life, but if he wants to spend his time ruining the lifes of others he forfiets his right of being able to make decsions without me critising him.

Heres a challenge Republican-want-to-join-ee, make a thread in the politics forum defending the Republican party, explain why you support them and the good things the do. A debate will ensue, and if your side comes out on top your free to join your party and you will earn my respect for actively taking part in the running of the country.

I'm not pretending my respects a great incentive, just you sound like you really like the Republicans so I think it would benifit you to debate about them.

oh I'm not saying his actions dont open him up to criticism ..in fact I agree that the opposite is true ..he now has to answer for all of the crap the republicans have been dishing out for years

I'm left-wing, but this forum is essentially left-centric... and that's a shame, since it means there isn't any debate really.

well I'm not so sure it's left-centric ..I agree but it's more a natural extension of people's sensibilities rather than a conscious choice ..right wing politics are more popular in regressive nation states ..however conservatism has been thrust into the realm of popular consciousness thanks to the war but most people arent inclinded to follow conservative doctrine as much of it is anti-humanist ...it also helps that a big chunk of our members are european

The thread started struck me as Goethe/Kng Henry'esque in all honesty, as political views will always conflict and perhaps hoping for a little war here, maybe its just the cynical nature of myself. Anyway, we'll see in due course eh. Oh and from what I've seen, Stern was never instructing or forcing his political views on the thread-starter, but simply advising the stance he wants to take. I think you went way over-board Disturbed! Wasn't worth it mate.

DiSTuRbEd said:
I don't think so, I don't go around insulting liberals, do I? :rolleyes:

You always seem to go to an extremes, I remember you saying something quite harsh when someone mentioned street racing and how it's stupid.....carmmmmm daaaaaaaaan :frog:

JNightshade said:
tbh, I wish this forum was a bit more diverse :/

I'm gay and straight, black and white, muslim and christian, disabled and abled, ginger and blonde, fat and thin, male and female, american and european, old and young, married and single, pro-gun and anti-gun, pro-life and pro-choice, an evolutionist and a creationist.

Just give me a pm if you want to talk.

Back