IMPORTANT: Very real possibility mynecraft.com host is a scam artist

If the test run goes well and the map isn't too horrific, it shouldn't be too hard to transfer it to the 'proper' server right? Can always poll it towards the end of the month.

Yeah, that's right. I can increase the playercount from 8 to 20 without any issue, and relocating the server to the US would be easy enough too.

As for the server itself, it seems to be running okay. The occasional brief lag spike (some of which are caused by new terrain generation) and still some slight issues with fast mining, but that's a side-effect of the BlockIt plugin - it'd be much worse without it. When Notch fixes the bug, it should be fine.

Well I guess since all the cool kids are doing it.

vegeta897 plz

Edit: Either I was already on the list (<3 pi) or you totally ninja added me, OR the whitelist isn't working.

Could you add themellish if you can my man.

Edit: I'm already added too :)

I've created my home in a large cliffside north of the red torch border.

While exploring the islands in the ocean north of the border, I discovered this:

20101122195017capture.jpg

What the hell? lol

Either Pi added a lot of people from the old whitelist without them asking, or the whitelist is broken.

Yeah, I was able to go in without asking. Either he transferred over from the whitelist thread or it's broken

I haven't seen any non HL2.net members in the ten or so hours that i've played. Even then, the only reason so many people joined our old server was because I had the IP listed on a MC server list.

I've created my home in a large cliffside north of the red torch border.

While exploring the islands in the ocean north of the border, I discovered this:

20101122195017capture.jpg

What the hell? lol

If there's a forge inside a small sandcave nearby, one of those boats is mine.

Well, that explains ONE of the boats.

The whitelist should be working now.

Yeah I probably should have said I joined fine without asking to be added to the whitelist. I assumed that Pi just did it without me asking. If that's not the case my username is riomhaire (no accent on the i)

I just tested with a second account, and it's definitely working now. Added you, riomhaire.

I've also got backups working now, although they're manual and not automated (for the time being, at least.)

Also done.

Raziaar: Have you got the old whitelist? It would probably be easier for me to just paste that in.

I never put up any signs and I can't seem to locate my hideout. :(

Is this updated in real time?

edit: nm, found it!

Nice. Love how the signs are readable. :)

Now to actually join the server...

No it is not updated in real time. This is at least a few hours old.

Build near me Badhat :D

Nice. Love how the signs are readable. :)

Now to actually join the server...

Edit: Ah what the **** it said I had to wait. IGNORE!

Yeah, and it took ages to render, too. And even longer to upload.

I think it should be, have the same system where we all chip in for the monthly cost or whatever.

Yeah, and it took ages to render, too. And even longer to upload.

Don't get me started on the upload.

If you use the cache system... each following render isn't half as bad... but the render is still a ginormous pain in the mother****ing ass if you have no way to extract a zip file on the server... and have to instead ftp it all over.

On another note... Fitzy had said she sent out refunds to the accounts. Mine finally came through in my bank account. So I have the refund and the provisional credit from my bank. Will contact my bank tomorrow to get them to remove the provisional credit.

Can you add Lord_Raken

What's the IP?

Is this our old map or a new one?

Both done.

Server is at 85.236.101.67:26165 and it's a new map.

The new patch is out, adding health to SMP. I don't know how long it'll take for the server to be updated.

Could you add kazsymonds? (all lower case, I believe)

I´ll be back from Tenerife on Friday, and am looking forward to trying new server + world.

Gracias.

This is assuming that Notch actually manages to fix the update that he just released so that we can get the server updated.

Weird, its saying "Outdated Client" and not letting me log in...

Back