Infraction system changes

Pfft, it's not how many achievements you've gotten, it's how you've gotten 'em. Krynn's 10-pointer is pretty impressive, but Munro himself once personally gave me infractions for bypassing the word filter in GIANT, BOLD TEXT.

And since then I've never bypassed that filter in anything but normal size 3 text.

I got an infraction for inappropriate content in a Munro birthday thread. (Dick cake, I believe)

What part of a dick cake is inappropriate for Munro's birthday?

Certainly not the dick part.

Really. It was meant to be endearing, bold and humorous, but I guess [moderator name here] prefers the traditional, generic, somewhat meaningless and predictable, "Happy Birthday"

How do you even get the total? I'm only seeing the ones I got in 2009.

View your profile and it should show you several pages (if you're cool).

15203243.jpg

I made a mistake on what I said earlier; it was actually Gabe Newell's birthday thread, not Munro's.

View your profile and it should show you several pages (if you're cool).
I see. Still, it only goes as far back as 2008, for me.

I made a mistake on what I said earlier; it was actually Gabe Newell's birthday thread, not Munro's.

I don't think the infraction system existed before 2008.

That's right. I remember when we had that WARNING LEVEL shit or whatever.

Then you didn't start getting infractions until then.

I don't think the infraction system existed before 2008.

I have infractions dating back to 18-02-2007

Then you didn't start getting infractions until then.
I was, actually. Maybe they did a clean slate when they changed the infraction system.

I remember I had the Warnings thing by my name when I first joined for 'trolling'. Does anyone even remember that system? I was banned a couple of times in 05 or 06.

Infractions have been around since I joined. Although another forum I'm on still uses a Warning thing. I much prefer infractions.

testing....

EDIT: ha, still have my sig. Silly mortals, your meager punishments do not affect me! I am invincible!

You idjit, you've alerted them. I already tested this yesterday after I got that infraction in Willie's birthday thread. Now you're blown the horn you stupid, STUPID dog!

Last edited:
Whatever bitch. Did you get a 5 pointer for bypassing the filter? Thats stupid that its so many points. Its also stupid that I got 5 points for linking to cakefarts in Willies b-day thread too. I was just trying to give the fella something nice.

Yeah, it used to be 3. They ramped it up I guess. Well that still won't stop me.

You do realise that I haven't activated it yet?

I think they've gotten rid of <5 point infractions all together, in attempt to keep the little guy down. I havent gotten one less than 5 points in over a year.

EDIT: oh, and, and now they're trying to mess with us by saying things like "Some of you are already within the points threshold, and the penalties will be automatically applied." and then being all like "lol jk its not activated yet."

I'm on to your schemes Pi. And I'm not scared of you.

I was hoping maybe you'd just overlooked it, Pi, but SOMEBODY had to open his big fat yap.

You do realise that I haven't activated it yet?

I see a man of power, sitting with his hand on the trigger, waiting until they have all gathered around at one location to unleash the devastation.

The enemy cannot push a button when you disable his hand.

That's an inference, not an implication.

Some of you are already at >5 or >10 points. When the system is activated, the penalties will automatically affect those of you that are.

When is the system going to be activated? Do I have time for one more punishment-free infraction?

It's currently being tested with a few volunteers.*
It'll go live Pretty Soon Now.

*Well, I say volunteers...

Jesus, the system is needlessly complicated. HL2.net doesn't have a trolling problem.

What's wrong with the 3 strikes system?

First 3 strikes = temporary week ban. Second 3 strikes = permanent ban.

Worked miracles on NMA and we really had a trolling problem at several points in our history.

Permabans? Come on now, pretty much everyone has gotten a ban at some point or another. Sometimes it's fun and totally worth it. Lame for it to turn into a perma ban.

I've been here for over 5 years, and I've never had more than 1 infraction at a time.

So no, not been banned, not just yet.

Permabans? Come on now, pretty much everyone has gotten a ban at some point or another. Sometimes it's fun and totally worth it. Lame for it to turn into a perma ban.

It's supposed to be a proper disciplinary action. Pi tries to make getting infractions and getting banned more severe in terms of consequences, but he takes the wrong approach, opting to make infractions more severe instead of making a ban, well, a ban.

But the things people get infractions for are generally hardly worth a ban, much less a permaban. Permabans are for extreme cases. Having a "six strikes and your permabanned" rule is trying to swat a fly with a sledgehammer.

I think I've been permabanned a couple of times. Been well behaved ever since.

But the things people get infractions for are generally hardly worth a ban, much less a permaban. Permabans are for extreme cases. Having a "six strikes and your permabanned" rule is trying to swat a fly with a sledgehammer.

This would have the added bonus of making the moderators more considerate. As it stands, there is no clear code of conduct for neither us users nor the moderators.

This would have the added bonus of making the moderators more considerate. As it stands, there is no clear code of conduct for neither us users nor the moderators.

Except for the forum rules and the infraction categories that exist.

Hi again. This system is now active. Enjoy!

Back