Infraction system changes

Yeah seriously. I'm down for taking most of your stuff... but keep that lolicon and shit to yourself!

You weirdly sounded just like Raziaar right then.

The children did.

village-of-the-damned.jpg

You realise that spamming the thread about the new infraction system is just going to get you all infractions, right?

****ing BS why even bother having an avatar when the smallest fart revokes your right for having one.

The moderation team has forgotten they serve the userbase, rather than the other way around.

I didn't realize at the time I questioned in the image dump, all it takes is one incredibly minor infraction to get enough points to remove avatar and signature.

I don't think the moderation team are at their best atm.

At least with how they handle off-topic, there just seems to be very noticeable bias in terms of how things are run. I haven't received an infraction in a long time, and my posts are generally way more off-topic (Or frankly just break the forum rules outright, at least from what I remember) yet the likes of xdrive gets demeaning titles because of how he handled Gabe's surprise, not to mention those infractions Raziaar posted.

A short series of private messages exchanged between me and a Super Moderator (whom I won't name because of etc. and so on) only really confirmed this - though I didn't think too much of it at the time.

Justice is meant to be blind etc.

I didn't realize at the time I questioned in the image dump, all it takes is one incredibly minor infraction to get enough points to remove avatar and signature.

Technically, you did post an image.

:( <- this is an image, right?

I haven't been infractioned in a long long time, so I guess everything's fine with how it is now.

ALL HAIL THE OVERLORDS

I'd like to just know how long this process takes before I can see my little droid guy again :(

Interesting.

Most of you haven't complained about the infraction system at all, until you got an infraction. Funny, that.

Anyway, I dropped the infraction points for non-image posting in the Image Dump to 2 from 5. Who said I wasn't benevolent? Now you can hang on to your oh-so-precious avatars and signatures for that little bit longer. Now there's a good userbase.

Interesting.

Most of you haven't complained about the infraction system at all, until you got an infraction. Funny, that.

Anyway, I dropped the infraction points for non-image posting in the Image Dump to 2 from 5. Who said I wasn't benevolent? Now you can hang on to your oh-so-precious avatars and signatures for that little bit longer. Now there's a good userbase.

Fact: I always complain about infractions I get. Though the tits one was great.

My point is that I'm not getting infractions while everyone else is.

Unless you weren't talking to me.

In which case, uh.

Sorry.

...Yeah.

Interesting.

Weird how people only care about things that affect them.

Interesting.

Interesting.

You forgot about this entire thread. Funny, that.

Interesting.

You forgot about this entire thread. Funny, that.

Except that the complaints came before the system was activated, and precious few afterwards. Funny, that.

Oh, and Danimal, you don't need to feel left out any more.

Except that is only because people made their cases already, and now we're seeing those issues in action. Funny, that.

In that case, I don't see a problem. Just butthurtness.

Well yes, obviously people who have had the things stripped from them for infractions are butthurt, the real issue is whether the system is too immediate in punishment/whether the infractions are being given to everyone equally. I don't really care that much, I just think stripping my ability to ignore people and be in control of my profile is a bit silly.

I just think stripping my ability to ignore people and be in control of my profile is a bit silly.

I think this is the whole idea. The inability to control your profile and use these abilities would likely be an annoyance to the average user. If people didn't lose access to features that they use and like, they wouldn't be discouraged from violating the rules.

I'm finding it rather funny that people are complaining about being punished when they break the rules. Those complaints just mean that the system is effective.

If you're being harassed to the point that you need to ignore somebody, you should report them because they can get probably in some trouble for that.

So is that for future infractions, or past and present infractions from the image dump? I'm not complaining, just wondering. After all, they only expire after a week, so I'm not too worried about it.

In the previous system you weren't punished until you got an accumulation of 15 points which would give you a ban for a month. Would you prefer that we just went crazy so we could ensure that heavy punishment?

Removal of small privileges like avatars, signatures or making new threads is a gentle reminder to remind you that we'd like you to not break the rules. Geez I suppose it is a bit annoying being hung out in public but that is the intention.

If anything, Pi has improved your lives for the better. Forever.

personally in the image thread, your post should just be deleted if you didn't post any pictures. even if its a long winded statement like before

I think this is the whole idea. The inability to control your profile and use these abilities would likely be an annoyance to the average user. If people didn't lose access to features that they use and like, they wouldn't be discouraged from violating the rules.

I'm finding it rather funny that people are complaining about being punished when they break the rules. Those complaints just mean that the system is effective.

If you're being harassed to the point that you need to ignore somebody, you should report them because they can get probably in some trouble for that.

Yeah, and that's fine to some degree. But in a sense you're simply taking users who made a bad post or two and leaving them open for abuse and further annoyance from people they don't like. There's a difference between taking away a priviliege and taking away a person's ability to defend themselves (yes, I realize that is also a privilege, but you're just being dense if you can't see the difference). Yeah, I could report it, but the messages themselves probably won't be removed and the user himself might not be banned and could still bother me and I would still have to look at his painful to read posts as I quickly scroll to a respected member. Yes, it's a very little thing, but it bothers me.

TERRORISM!! seems like fear spreads to our fearless leaders on the not so helplife2.net

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
-Thomas Jefferson

Well the thing about HL2.net is that it always has been a tyranny and has never pretended otherwise. It's just usually a nice tyranny and they usually will listen to the peasants' ideas because they're such swell guys.

I'm surprised you aren't able to ignore people. What if you have someone on your ignore list already, it becomes unblocked?

Yeah...

I mean, HL2.net is actually a great social experiment: a technocratic elite that rules with ABSOLUTE POWER but with the support of the people because they are able to identify with us lesser folk and interact with us, instead of being hidden in ivory towers and stuff.

Of course, sometimes we don't agree with their policies, but who said this was a social contract setting? All the arguments about how "authority requires agreement" are null, because, it's like a theocracy of sorts. Authority by Divine Will. Because we can't argue with the underlying philosophy, we can't argue about anything. It's awesome. :D

Still, it's a very nice tyranny. It really is. They don't really interfere with most of our freedoms, they just set some lines and some basic rules, and all you need to do is to follow them. HL2.net makes me want to go into government.

Also they have absolute, unlimited power at their disposal, so we peasantry need to stay quiet.

Here's a quote for you all:

"Dude, Shut Up! You're gonna get us all killed!"

I'm surprised you aren't able to ignore people. What if you have someone on your ignore list already, it becomes unblocked?

No, I'm pretty sure they would remain blocked. At the time when I got my infraction I had recently been in a forgiving mood and unblocked everyone on my list, so I couldn't say for sure.

Back